Register to Comment
Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree382Likes

Jason Corbett - the Molly Martens and Thomas Martens second degree murder trial

Yesterday was the second anniversary of Jason Corbett's death. I'm just wondering if anybody has been following the trial. It's been going on for some time. The evidence is pretty harrowing to say the least.

Corbett 'may have suffered first blow from bat while in bed' - expert tells murder trial - Independent.ie
    Last edited by Emily Davison; 3rd August 2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Yesterday was the second anniversary of Jason Corbett's death. I'm just wondering if anybody has been following the trial. It's been going on or some time. The evidence is pretty harrowing to say the least.

Corbett 'may have suffered first blow from bat while in bed' - expert tells murder trial - Independent.ie
    Took me a while to realise who this was - the children are back in Ireland now but she (Molly Martens) wanted custody?

Seems like a grim case indeed?

From what I have read in the above link, seems Mr Corbett was beaten savagely, but will say no more as its an ongoing case!

Why is this case getting so much attention? (Other than obvious reason that because it's a US trial that normal sub judice rules don't apply and mainstream media can act like Publicity before Probity with ongoing commentary)

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    Took me a while to realise who this was - the children are back in Ireland now but she (Molly Martens) wanted custody?

Seems like a grim case indeed?

From what I have read in the above link, seems Mr Corbett was beaten savagely, but will say no more as its an ongoing case!
    I have reported my post to the mods in case we are not allowed discuss it.

I can't remember ever reading of such a savage beating. They had the blood splatter expert up on Tuesday and again today as far as I can tell.

Yes Molly wanted custody but did not succeed. She never had legal rights to them as Jason would not let her. (may he get justice in America)

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    Why is this case getting so much attention? (Other than obvious reason that because it's a US trial that normal sub judice rules don't apply and mainstream media can act like Publicity before Probity with ongoing commentary)
    Until this thread I wasn't really aware of it to be honest but to answer your question it probably has to do with the fact that the accused, Molly Martens, seems to be a very attractive woman although its not often we hear of Irish people being murdered abroad so there is that, but the accused physical appearance would most likely be driving 'interest' in it more than anything else.

If there is one thing outfits like the Indo love, its turning a tragedy into a drama.

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    Until this thread I wasn't really aware of it to be honest but to answer your question it probably has to do with the fact that the accused, Molly Martens, seems to be a very attractive woman although its not often we hear of Irish people being murdered abroad so there is that, but the accused physical appearance would most likely be driving 'interest' in it more than anything else.

If there is one thing outfits like the Indo love, its turning a tragedy into a drama.
    But it's not just the Indo, and it's mentioned nearly every day on Drivetime on RTE.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ve-800714.html

I can't understand why they aren't on trial for first degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    I can't understand why they aren't on trial for first degree murder.
    Dads FBI or whatever it is connections I presume.....

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Dads FBI or whatever it is connections I presume.....
    Don't agree. It's because of the way the murders happened, the prosecution need more for outright murder. The Martens are claiming self defense (neither of them had a mark on them) that Jason was choking Molly. A garden paving stone and a child's baseball bat were used by the Martens to beat Jason to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Don't agree. It's because of the way the murders happened, the prosecution need more for outright murder. The Martens are claiming self defense (neither of them had a mark on them) that Jason was choking Molly. A garden paving stone and a child's baseball bat were used by the Martens to beat Jason to death.
    Corbett's kids have made statements about him beating Martens.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment