Register to Comment
Page 252 of 297 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2968
Like Tree1130Likes

Zappone's Proposed Fraudulent Adoption Information and Tracing Bill

I (STARRY) am deeply deeply concerned that MASTER MANIPULATOR Zappone will get her FRAUDULENT BILL PASSED...

*WITHOUT A MURMUR OF DISSENT* ABOUT ADOPTEES BEING COERCED TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT WAIVER CLAUSE NOT TO CONTACT THEIR BIRTH PARENTS FOREVER IN ORDER TO GET THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND ADOPTION RECORDS

*WONDERFUL KATHY MCMAHON (FOUNDER OF IRISH FIRST MOTHERS GROUP WITH OVER 70 MEMBERS), WHO DIED SUDDENLY LAST MONTH, COGENTLY ARGUED AGAINST ADOPTEES SIGNING THE ABOVE MENTIONED ABOMINABLE AGREEMENT WAIVER CLAUSE BLACKMAILING ADOPTEES TO SIGN AWAY THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/avoiceforfirstmothers/

*THE PROPOSED FRAUDULENT BILL UNFAIRLY CONTRACTS ADOPTEES TO SIGN AWAY THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS (REFER MY BELOW POST FOR MORE INFO)

*AS I SPEAK … … ZAPPONE WILL BE MOVING FAST TO PUSH HER PROPOSED FRAUDULENT BILL THROUGH THE DAIL, COERCING ADOPTEES INTO SIGNING A WAIVER IN ORDER TO GET THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND ADOPTION RECORDS (READ MY BELOW POST FOR MORE INFO)

* IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL __TO DENY ADOPTEES THIS RIGHT TO THEIR IDENTITY__ ON THE PRETEXT THEY WILL NOT SIGN AN AGREEMENT NOT TO CONTACT THEIR BIRTH PARENTS

*POLITICIAN ZAPPONE IS A MASTER MANIPULATOR AND WILL PLAY EVERYONE INVOLVED LIKE A FIDDLE

*LET'S NOT FORGET THESE ILLEGAL 'ADOPTIONS' WERE CRIMINAL ACTS, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE INVOLVED (INCLUDING THOSE WHO COVERED UP THESE CRIMES) SHOULD BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW

*ADVOCATE BRENDA COUGHLAN EXPLAINED IF IRISH ADOPTEES WANT TO GET THEIR RECORDS, THEY MUST SIGN AWAY THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE CONTACT WITH THEIR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOREVER :

Australian mother's rights activist, Brenda Coughlan speaks to Fintan Dunne of Irish First Mothers on the Irish Government's proposed Adoption Information and Tracing Bill, which has been published by Minister Katherine Zappone. Brenda says that the Bill will blackmail adopted persons into signing away their human rights and their freedom to establish their own identity. The Bill will invite natural mothers to legally threaten their own lost child against ever even attempting to contact them. It's a blatant attempt to try pit mothers against their own stolen children. Classic divide and conquer from cynical bureaucrats aiming to cover their own tracks of past malfeasance.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice...l#post12116562

Quote Originally Posted by StarryPlough01 View Post
    Dedicated to the late Kathy McMahon, Founder of Irish First Mothers

@ZAPPONE ~

My Analysis ~~~ 'In A Nutshell':

(1) -----> I AM F*UCKING ANGRY, *WE NEED A CLASS ACTION FOR PEOPLE ILLEGALLY ADOPTED OVERSEAS WHO HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED OF THEIR IRISH IDENTITY AND THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AS IRISH CITIZENS*

THERE IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO AN IDENTITY; TO KNOW WHERE YOU CAME FROM

TAKE IT TO THE ECHR IF NECESSARY

Irish Statute Book

ARTICLE 2

It is the entitlement and birthright of every person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, to be part of the Irish Nation. That is also the entitlement of all persons otherwise qualified in accordance with law to be citizens of Ireland. Furthermore, the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad who share its cultural identity and heritage.

(2) -----> THE CHILDREN ALREADY HAVE AN INTRINSIC HUMAN RIGHT TO AN IDENTITY, WHICH INCLUDES KNOWING WHO THEIR PARENTS ARE, WITHOUT HAVING TO SIGN ANYTHING AT ALL. *IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL TO DENY THEM THIS RIGHT ON THE PRETEXT THEY WILL NOT SIGN AN AGREEMENT NOT TO CONTACT THEIR BIRTH PARENTS*

THE RIGHT OF CHILDREN TO THEIR IDENTITY IS PROTECTED BY ARTICLE 8 OF THE UN CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD

OHCHR | Convention on the Rights of the Child

ARTICLE 8

1. States Parties undertake to respect the right of the child to preserve his or her identity, including nationality, name and family relations as recognized by law without unlawful interference.

2. Where a child is illegally deprived of some or all of the elements of his or her identity, States Parties shall provide appropriate assistance and protection, with a view to re-establishing speedily his or her identity.

*THEREFORE POLITICIAN ZAPPONE'S PROPOSED BILL IS FRAUDULENT AND UNFAIRLY CONTRACTS THOSE WHO SIGN AWAY THEIR BIRTHRIGHT*

FYI ~

Quote Originally Posted by StarryPlough01 View Post
    Fintan Dunne is on the Selection Panel to choose members for the Collaborative Forum~~~

Preamble: I have stated on the record a couple of times that children have a right to know who their parents are. It is a violation of their human rights when this information is withheld.

Below is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED _MUST SEE_ VIDEO CLIP from FIRST MOTHERS — FINTAN DUNNE.

I ENDORSE EVERY WORD --- THANK YOU FINTAN
    :

Irish Adoption Bill Will Sign Away Our Human Rights

Published on Nov 28, 2016
    Fintan Dunne

Australian mother's rights activist, Brenda Coughlan speaks to Fintan Dunne of Irish First Mothers on the Irish Government's proposed Adoption Information and Tracing Bill, which has been published by Minister Katherine Zappone. Brenda says that the Bill will blackmail adopted persons into signing away their human rights and their freedom to establish their own identity. The Bill will invite natural mothers to legally threaten their own lost child against ever even attempting to contact them. It's a blatant attempt to try pit mothers against their own stolen children. Classic divide and conquer from cynical bureaucrats aiming to cover their own tracks of past malfeasance.

ABOVE IS BEYOND BELIEF... THIS IS ZAPPONE AT WORK ~~~

ADVOCATE BRENDA COUGHLAN EXPLAINED IF IRISH ADOPTEES WANT TO GET THEIR RECORDS, THEY MUST SIGN AWAY THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE CONTACT WITH THEIR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOREVER

Advocate Brenda Coughlan (from Victoria, Australia) speaking about IRISH ADOPTEES 'having to sign away their human rights just to get their records is blackmail' — 'compromising their own integrity' — 'selling out themselves.'

I'm not up to speed on what Minister ZAPPONE has been doing. I did see this in the Oireachtas debates and wanted to follow up.

***BELOW IS ABOUT _ZAPPONE_ HELPING CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS, SAME SEX… ADOPT BABIES***

~ SNIPPED ~

-----> Deputy Katherine Zappone: There are a couple of key areas in the Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill that deal with trying to make our law regarding contact and protection of rights between the adoptee and the birth parents as open as possible. We continue to work on a couple of challenging areas, although we may have progressed them as far as is possible without meeting the barrier of constitutional requirements <-----.

TO WHOM DOES THIS BENEFIT? IT'S VITAL TO LISTEN TO ABOVE VIDEO CLIP

AND WHAT IS THE 'UNSATISFACTORY SITUATION IN EARLIER LEGISLATION' THAT ZAPPONE IS REFERRING TO? (SEE BELOW)

It allows the High Court to dispense with parental consent to adoption in certain circumstances and provides for the adoption of a child by civil partners and co-habiting couples. Importantly, the Act allows for the adoption of a child by his or her step-parent, without the previous requirement for the child's other parent to adopt his or her own child. This provision addresses a very unsatisfactory situation that prevailed under the earlier legislation.

Dáil Éireann - 22/Feb/2018 Adoption Legislation (Continued)

AGAIN, BELOW ZAPPONE IS FOCUSED ON SAME SEX RELATIONSHIPS:

Speaker Continuing)

[Deputy Katherine Zappone: ] That is the first point. I hope it is clear enough.

~ SNIPPED ~

If anyone can help me with information, please post here or PM me. What was the outcome with the Adoption Information and Tracing Bill?

WE HAVE TO WATCH POLITICIAN ZAPPONE VERY CAREFULLY. SHE IS UNACCOUNTABLE BECAUSE IF SHE IS FORCED TO RESIGN, IT COULD TOPPLE THE GOVERNMENT.

My SINCEREST APOLOGIES First Mothers for not being up to speed… And above is RUSHED to get the info out there. I will have to do more research. I noted Mari Steed had a question deleted. I'll listen to the clip again later.

#StopTheWitch

I NOTE THAT *STATUS QUO * IRISH COUNCIL FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES (ICCL) RECENT PRESS STATEMENT DIDN'T HIGHLIGHT THIS ABOMINABLE WAIVER AGREEMENT CLAUSE BLACKMAILING PEOPLE TO SIGN AWAY THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS. THE STATEMENT ONLY SPOKE IN GENERAL TERMS:

https://www.iccl.ie/news/illegal-forced-adoption/

To say I'm f*cking angry doesn't even come close to how I feel about all of this. I miss the late Kathy McMahon, Founder of Irish First Mothers, NAIL ON THE HEAD about what is really going on.

#STOP-THE-WITCH
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Fintan Dunne

Published on Jun 6, 2018

Fintan Dunne digs beneath the propaganda and spin to show how the Irish State continues to betray the Magdalen women and intends to do the same to women incarcerated in Mother and Baby homes.

Primetime

'Irish State Is Still Betraying the Magdalens'

Fintan Dunne (Irish First Mothers) dissects Minister for Justice Charles Flanagan's Propraganda and Spin~~~

*Apologising for moral failure not legal failure. The State has never admitted legal liability, DESPITE FORMER TAOISEACH ENDA KENNY'S APOLOGY TO MAGDALENE WOMEN ON BEHALF OF STATE.

*Minister "Flanagan is really good about platitudes, which mean nothing." [STARRY: BUT Flanagan sounds so sincere, though]

*SKUNKY CHARLES FLANAGAN SAID: [RE ANCILLARY BENEFITS PROMISED 5 YEARS AGO FOR MAGDELENE WOMEN] "Certainly going to look into it at the earliest opportunity." More Flanagan waffle here… Flanagan repeats his empty words: "I'm certainly going to look in to it at the earliest opportunity."

-----> Free Medical Card for services that don't exist
    -----> Extra Fuel Allowance in your State Benefit per week

STARRY: How dare Fintan Dunne challenge Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan's sincerity!

Fine Gael Minister Charles Matthew Flanagan oozes sincerity from every pore. His body language is not evasive, or awkward. When he was dodging questions put to him, he was only trying to remember his Fine Gael script.

Would Minister Charlie Flanagan tell unadulterated lies on Primetime TV? After all, his father Oliver was a good Catholic and 'member of the Knights of Saint Columbanus, and in 1978, was conferred a Knight of the Order of St. Gregory the Great by Pope John Paul I, given in Rome on 20 September 1978.' A fine and upstanding man like Oliver Flanagan would never have tolerated the Magdalene Gulags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_J._Flanagan

Continuing

*Magdalene women still have not got their records from religious orders.

*Event for Magdalenes at Mansion House was a PR exercise.

* Fintan Dunne: Under the redress scheme 700 Magdalene women got a mere 40,000 per person on average (26M) ex-gratia payments.

I one hundred percent agree with Fintan Dunne.

Starry - publicly insulting Government Ministers isn't going to get them to do you any favours...

TBH I think the State is caught between a Rock and a Hard place here

If mothers signed legal documents giving up their child for adoption then they are entitled to legal protection

If information is disclosed about them against their will they could sue the State

Also what happens if an adopted child is given this information

- and then attempts to contact their Birth mother?

Where in Law is this an offense?

Unless they bring in a Bill with legal sanction against this then it could be open season on mothers who gave up their child

- who may have had little choice in the matter

Its a total legal minefield this....

#That'sRich

Paul Jude Redmond, who is Chair of the Coalition of Mother and Baby Homes Survivors had a very sad personal experience with his biological mother that is rare ~ his mother didn't want a relationship with him. His biological mother came from a wealthy family, who paid for her short time at Castlepollard Mother and Baby Home (Castlepollard home was the Jewel in the Crown for the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary adoption factory).

The late Kathy McMahon (whose group Irish First Mothers is the largest in Ireland) said this was a rare occurrence where a first mother doesn't want a meeting with her child. Kathy called Paul out on his stance that would support master manipulator Zappone. In other words, Kathy would want Paul to recuse himself from speaking on behalf of other survivors on this issue. I (Starry) would add that Paul might unconsciously influence his group: Coalition of Mother and Baby Homes Survivors.

I feel that Paul Redmond should be listened to, however, naturally his view will be jaundiced by his own sad experience. Paul did get to speak to his biological mother on the phone. I hope she relents on this in the future. Paul has children who would love to meet her. I would suggest an experienced intermediary contact his mother.

A strong and unwavering stance must be taken not to allow this Fraudulent Bill to pass (refer my above post today).

STOP-THE-WITCH

Starry at this stage mate I think you should step back a little and calm down

- maybe let someone else who is not as emotionally damaged by all this take a leading role

I agree Zappo is a Witch

- but she is also the Minister in charge of the process

- like it or lump it she is the Queen B and has to be the medium through getting anything done

Of course you could hold off until after the next GE and hope someone else gets the job...

But seriously cool off a bit

- for your own sake as much as anyone else's....

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Starry at this stage mate I think you should step back a little and calm down

- maybe let someone else who is not as emotionally damaged by all this take a leading role

I agree Zappo is a Witch

- but she is also the Minister in charge of the process

- like it or lump it she is the Queen B and has to be the medium through getting anything done

Of course you could hold off until after the next GE and hope someone else gets the job...

But seriously cool off a bit

- for your own sake as much as anyone else's....
    It suits too many people - the Church, members of the Establishment - to wait.

By then, survivors with testimonies will have passed away and anything said will be reduced in the record to hearsay - i.e. not first hand account.

Thankfully Ireland has awoken, all be it too late, to the shenanigans of the RCC. I've always reflected to anyone willing to listen - and those who are not - 'follow the money'; the trafficking of children continued to be ignored by successive administrations - now we have evidence via St. Patrick's Guild - evidence that as taxpayers, we paid the Guild 30,000.00 for. The priority remains to extract as much funds as possible from the hard pressed Irish Taxpayer. I cannot honestly understand why agents of the State do not storm the RCC vaults via various institutions and seize documents to which the Irish citizenship are entitled. Time to act is now before all records are destroyed.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...option-action/

By Dyane Connor

The Coalition of Mother and Baby Home Survivors is calling on the Government to take urgent action to address the issue of illegal adoptions.

Speaking at a press conference in Dublin, Mr Redmond called for implementation of the Adoption Information and Tracing Bill.

STARRY:

Paul Jude Redmond (Chair of Coalition of Mother and Baby Home Survivors] should not argue that adoptees be LEGALLY CONSTRAINED from contacting their birth parents because he was allowed to contact his own birth mother. HOW CAN PAUL JUDE REDMOND ARGUE TO DENY THAT BIRTHRIGHT TO OTHERS.

I'm f*cking angry.

STOP-THE-WITCH

Today in Dail Eireann

Illegal Adoptions

23. Deputy Clare Daly:
    asked the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to widen the scope of the investigation into illegal birth registrations beyond the initial sampling exercise to include all of those homes and private agencies involved in organising adoptions in the State; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [25106/18]

Deputy Clare Daly

My question is on widening the scope of the investigation into illegal birth registrations beyond the initial sampling exercise to include more broadly the homes and private agencies that were involved. I note that the Minister told Deputy Mitchell that she was open to this, but the key point is that this is an ageing community and there must be urgency in carrying out the exercise. It must be extended to include all, not just a sample.

Response: Deputy Katherine Zappone

As I indicated earlier, I have asked an independent reviewer to oversee a further analysis of relevant records held by Tusla and the Adoption Authority in the first instance. The purpose of the exercise is to see if clear evidence of illegal registrations is evident in other records. The first meeting to commence this process took place yesterday and I expect the analysis to be completed four months from when it is initiated. In that regard, I understand that methodological matters are currently being finalised. Given the volume of records involved, we must first judge the likely incidence of cases that can actually be identified through this analysis. I will then be in a position to judge the next steps. Records which are not in the custody of either Tusla or the Adoption Authority cannot be included in the analysis at this stage as the State does not have possession of them. The Adoption (Information and Tracing) Bill 2016 is the statutory mechanism necessary to bring these records, estimated at about 50,000, into the custody of the Adoption Authority. I am meeting colleagues from both Houses this afternoon to explore how we can progress this legislation as quickly as possible.

The extent to which children were simply placed with couples and their births registered as if they had been born to them is but one of the major issues that we need to examine. The work of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes will be important in dealing with a range of other adoption-related matters. The commission is examining adoption practices in the cases of mothers and children who were resident in the institutions within its terms of reference. The commission is also required to examine the interaction of mother and baby homes with other institutions, organisations and individuals who had involvement with children from these institutions.

For example, it is examining the practices and policies within adoption societies involved in the placement of children from these institutions. This will provide important insight into any irregularities or illegalities. I want to get to the truth. The further analysis, which has commenced, together with the ongoing work of the commission, will be important for our initial steps. I reiterate that I am open to furthering those steps.

Deputy Clare Daly

The difficulty is that, sadly, there is nothing new in the recent revelations. The knowledge of the incidence of the criminal, illegal registration of births has been known by society for a long time. One of the points that must emerge from an extension beyond a scoping exercise is the huge numbers of people involved. This is not speculation; the evidence is known.

Conall Ó Fátharta wrote in yesterday's edition of the Irish Examiner about the 748 cases on top of the 126 cases and the knowledge that existed in adoption agencies. The AAI gave information to the health committee in 2014 that said there were thousands of illegal adoptions at that stage. It cannot be a lottery for the people at the centre of this whereby one of their samples might get picked and they get an answer. There may be people who do not even know that they require an answer. We need to be extensive in the research because much larger numbers of people are affected by this. These cases have gone long beyond the records of St. Patrick's Guild and the other institutions. It has been known for some time that we needed to secure those records. The key issues are to stress to the Minister the urgency of the situation and the need to extend the scope.

Response: Deputy Katherine Zappone

I acknowledge the Deputy as a champion of this issue, and all the work she has done with advocates, which has brought us to this point. I met a number of the advocates recently and one of the key messages coming from them is the sense of urgency that is required.

When considering where we go from here, particularly with regard to the records we have as well as those we do not, the right way to begin is a targeted approach with the 100,000 records I mentioned. One of the reasons for this, apart from the fact that trawling through 100,000 records will be a significant and labour intensive job, is that from a research perspective we should take this one step at a time to see if the methodology being developed will work to help us uncover evidence of the illegal registrations. Perhaps it might not do this and as time passes there will not be the huge numbers the Deputy has indicated. I do not necessarily disagree with the Deputy but there may be other ways to try to get at the truth apart from the methodology currently being developed.

Deputy Clare Daly

We will discuss the scoping exercise this afternoon and I am sure every Member's input will stress the urgency. In the interim, however, there are older and vulnerable people who, in some instances, do not have months or years to wait for that process. In this context the expertise of a person such as Sharon Lawless, who produced "Adoption Stories" for TV3, is important. People like her, with few resources but with an open heart and a will to find answers through DNA testing and so on, have been able to give people answers when they were told there was no information to be had in other quarters. We need to tap into resources such as DNA. Mandatory counselling should be provided to support people in this process and a method to reach out to affected people and those who will be affected must be put in place early on in the process. We should not wait for that. It requires not just urgency; it requires a beefing up of resources in those areas as well as in record searching and in extending the scope. It is incumbent on all of us to get behind this to make sure the resources are delivered for that.

Deputy Katherine Zappone

I would be open to all those suggestions and I thank the Deputy for them. We need to consider all of those aspects in the context of the research and the identification of the evidence, as she said. I agree that we may need to go about these in other ways, especially from the stakeholders' perspective. It may be the case that little information emerges following the initial four months of using the methodology, and we may need to consider a different approach to reviewing the files. If that is the case, engagement with stakeholders could be critical. At the meeting I held with stakeholders - and the Deputy will be aware of this because she has also spoken with them - a number of related issues and concerns were raised such as falsified addresses and dates of birth by birth mothers, the importance of baptismal records, the use of obviously false addresses on records and the potential to identify trends. To follow up on information such as this and to seek information from these people and organisations, who are familiar with the system and are experts in the field, may be a more appropriate way to go about this research. Subsequent to my announcement, I was contacted by a number of people who suspect they were illegally registered. We must also take on board those contacts and those questions as part of our research moving forward.

Link:
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates...18-06-13/4/#s9

This afternoon, Dail Eireann:

Question:
    24. Deputy Mick Barry :

asked the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the reason no audit or action was taken in view of the report submitted by the Adoption Authority of Irela
    nd on illegal registrations in 2011 and which again reported the issue in 2013. [25613/18]

Deputy Katherine Zappone

I am conscious of claims that the State knew for many years about illegal registrations, and that successive Governments should have done more to address the issue. What has been lost in the debate is the fact that, while there seems to have been an awareness of this illegal practice, we had no clear proof of what happened, other than in a few individual cases where documentary evidence was found.

It is vital to point out that illegal registrations were deliberately concealed and that either no records were kept or else they appear to have been deliberately falsified. In these circumstances, it was difficult to find the truth.

The St. Patrick's Guild records were the first source of a considerable number of cases where clear written evidence was identified. I announced this on 29 May as soon as I was satisfied about the strength of the evidence in these cases.

While the AAI has previously reported concerns in relation to a number of cases it was aware of, the threshold of evidence of an incorrect registration, which is required if persons are to be notified, had not yet been reached.

While engaging with Tusla and the AAI on the evidence emerging from the St. Patrick's Guild files of illegal registrations, I requested that the authority revisit the cases about which it had concerns, and to conduct a validation exercise on them to establish if a high level of certainty could be reached that an incorrect registration had taken place. I await the outcome of this validation exercise from the authority. If further confirmed cases emerge, they will be added to the same process as the 126 confirmed St. Patrick's Guild cases.

In addition, the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and certain related Matters is examining adoption practices in the cases of mothers and children who were resident in the specified institutions within its terms of reference.

Deputy Mick Barry

I thank the Minister for her reply but I challenge her assertion that prior to this there had been "no clear proof" of this criminal action other than in a handful of cases. In 2013, the AAI said that there may be thousands of cases, which is not clear proof, but it also said that there were hundreds of illegal birth registrations. The authority knew this from its own audit and work on the issue. This was brought to the attention of departmental officials. Given there was clear proof on more than a handful of cases from an authority no less than the AAI, which is the key body, why was more not done at that point?

Deputy Katherine Zappone

When preparing a reply for the Deputy's important question, the information from the AAI was that, between 2010 and now, it has been contacted by 141 people looking for information that the authority did not have.

Link: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates...-06-13/10/#s11

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment