Register to Comment
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree351Likes

Would you have any faith in the Gardaí?

Two years ago the Commissioner became aware of discrepancies in the number of breath tests carried out,( they were out by 1m..........one fukken million....) and of some 14.5k false prosecutions.

It took all this time for her to advise the MOJ. Do you believe this is a sustainable way for the Chair of the Board and the CEO to run an entity?

This is on top of whistle-blowers, penalty points, leaking private citizens info. and on and on. Remember the McBreartys and all that?

And what are we getting--- another review!

Anyways, today the CSO produced figures saying, inter alia , that homicides were up whilst kidnappings were down.

Homicide and sexual assaults on the rise, says CSO

I assume the CSO are basing these findings on figures they get from the Gardaí, how do they know that they bear any semblance to the true figures. Maybe homicides are 50% less or 200% more- how would anyone know. Check the Pulse System?

If a Garada appeared at my house with a document -say one of those speed cam fines - the first thing I'd do is ring the lawyer- I'd accept nothing they have to say at face value.

That is all.
    Last edited by Socratus O' Pericles; 30th March 2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Of course you don't have to trust in the Garda, could always trust those kangaroo courts and justice at will gangs.

Look crooked at someone and goodbye kneecaps.

Hate to say it, but I'm heading to agree with you. Which is terrible. As I'd have been a big defender of them .

Need all new, external mgt.

I'd have no faith in the Garda 'system'...

It seems to be totally f***ed up the way it's constructed and how it operates... to such an extent that it needs to be replaced.

I've no doubt there's probably plenty of frustrated gardai who joined for all the right reasons and who are compromised by the dysfunctional 'system' they have to work within...

That's sad... and that has to change... and if it means all the head honchos have to go with some external expertise brought in to sort out the shambles... then so be it...

The sooner the better because the incumbents have failed and have failed miserably.

Have a look at this link -

Commissioner fears garda malpractice could extend deeper into...

The reality is she has been incharge AFAIK for 3 years and was sitting beside Calinan, presumably as his Number 2 when he made his 'disgusting' comment!
    You could not and I mean could not make this one up!
    And she tells us she is 'on a journey', well at this stage the major and immediate journey she should be on is out the fúcking door with all her pension rights revoked!

Would-you-have-any-faith-gardai?

I guess it comes down to each individual's dealings with the Gardai, first and foremost.

In most instances, any dealings I've had with individual members of AGS have been fine. One or two instances were not as good though.

Therefore on balance, I'd say that my personal dealings with individual members of the Gardai have been positive.

The issue about being breathalysed and the penalty points, suggest that as an organisation AGS certainly have questions to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Of course you don't have to trust in the Garda, could always trust those kangaroo courts and justice at will gangs.

Look crooked at someone and goodbye kneecaps.
    Gardaí aren't too far removed from that ask John Wilson and Maurice Mc Cabe.

Up to a couple of months ago I would have always defended the Gardai, but now, I'm not so sure. My personal experience (limited as it was) with the Gardai was always positive. However, I handed an item of lost property in a while ago and I have heard nothing about whether it was returned to the owner (it would have been quite valuable but I don't want to go into detals) and when I phoned to enquire a number of weeks ago, I was assured that someone would get back to me. I have heard nothing since, which makes me wonder if it just "disappeared". I will follow up, but I can only hope that I haven't been taken for a mug and the item in question has not been "appropriated" or "claimed" by someone other than the legal owner. A couple of years ago these doubts would not even entered my mind, but now, given what we have learned...

A politically appointed managerial elite, selected by the current cabinet were lying to their sponsors and at Templemore diverting funds to their own agenda. They also allowed the police service to be denied recruitment, funding, training for 8 years at the orders of their governmental sponsors. No good for the citizen or any Garda on the front line. They should be handcuffed to the cabinet ministers that selected them and put swimming.

No faith in the Gardai from the ground troops right up to the Minister.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment