Register to Comment
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree351Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Finbar10 View Post
    We found a new recent model iphone (in sealed unopened box), sim-less, on the side of the road about a year ago (a peculiar place to find one, but there you go). We put up adverts in the local shop and supermarket, online etc., even free ads in the local newspaper. Would have been happy to give it back to anyone would could tell me model and colour etc.. No luck in finding the owner. Eventually rang the local barracks to see if anyone had been in reporting a lost iphone. The Garda who answered said no, but we'll send a car directly up to your house to collect right now to collect it. Had to fob them off (told them we'd still ads outstanding and wanted to have the phone to hand in case anyone got in contact). Having had previous dealings with them, I was amazed at the speed of response this time (car would have been straight up to collect the phone). I had my suspicions as to where that iphone would have ended up if I sent it to the barracks!

Sergeant Fingers Malone was on the case.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I'm sure the young enthusiastic person, male or female, who join any police force - both in NI, England , Scotland etc and the ROI, joins with good intent. But they soon learn that the system is a very different beast from that we would like to imagine. Nobbled.

Twitter
    @

On Noirin's I-Pad loop at that moment......................

Bless George. R.I. P

They're PS so no I wouldn't have any faith in them. At least with private companies its caveat emptor but you don't have any choice when dealing with the PS.

Would you have any faith in the Gardaí?

Are you asking if people DO HAVE any faith in the Gardai?

Your question sounds as if you're presenting a scenario and asking if people WOULD still have faith if the scenario came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    I'm sure the young enthusiastic person, male or female, who join any police force - both in NI, England , Scotland etc and the ROI, joins with good intent. But they soon learn that the system is a very different beast from that we would like to imagine. Nobbled.
    I dunno about that i have stood beside new recruits (when the shyet has hit the fan outside a club/bar ) fresh out of Templemore and wondered what the actual fup are they doing in that uniform.This is reality what did you expect when you joined ,that putting those handcuffs on was going to be easy you weren't going to get blood spat in your face.

The caliber of men and women joining even now is disastrous, the vetting is beyond a joke that's my opinion.
    Ive said it before and say it again, i believe it will be always that way as those at the top don't want anyone that can actually function properly that might the threat to the status quo and the way they want the AGS ran.

The thread about shenanigans in Templemore seems to have been pulled. Maybe the coup has begun.

When you say 'faith' do you mean expecting miracles to happen, 'out of the blue'?

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Two years ago the Commissioner became aware of discrepancies in the number of breath tests carried out,( they were out byout by 1m..........one fukken million....) and of some 14.5k false prosecutions.

It took all this time for her to advise the MOJ. Do you believe this is a sustainable way for the Chair of the Board and the CEO to run an entity?

This is on top of whistle-blowers, penalty points, leaking private citizens info. and on and on. Remember the McBreartys and all that?

And what are we getting--- another review!

Anyways, today the CSO produced figures saying, inter alia , that homicides were up whilst kidnappings were down.

Homicide and sexual assaults on the rise, says CSO

I assume the CSO are basing these findings on figures they get from the Gardaí, how do they know that they bear any semblance to the true figures. Maybe homicides are 50% less or 200% more- how would anyone know. Check the Pulse System?

If a Garada appeared at my house with a document -say one of those speed cam fines - the first thing I'd do is ring the lawyer- I'd accept nothing they have to say at face value.

That is all.

An Garda Siochana , as an institution, is no different from the Banks, the Catholic Church, the Charities, the HSE etc etc , in one aspect and that is zero accountability for seriously bad or fraudulent actions or decisions. On the rare occasion when wrongdoing is exposed it is rarely punished. Another commonality is the fact that these organisations never expose problems through their own audit and control systems , instead this role falls to journalists or whistleblowers. The lack of competent overseers on the taxpayers and citizens behalf is glaringly obvious in these cases.
    The time for reviews are long gone. Brand new structures , from the ground up, need to be put in place to replace the existing debacle.
    Central to that should be the depoliticization of the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    In THe ROI an awful lot of police recruits come from families which have a tradition of being in the police, so they are completely and fully aware of the score!

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment