Register to Comment
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree351Likes

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Of course you don't have to trust in the Garda, could always trust those kangaroo courts and justice at will gangs.

Look crooked at someone and goodbye kneecaps.
    that didint take long
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Its not the gardai but the fuked up justic system and criminal courts which are handing out pathetically light sentances for very heinous crimes.

If I knew the right Guards ( and they had good connections ) I would have great faith that i could get away with a lot of dodgy stuff.... I might even get cocky about it....

i have had an avid distrust of them since the days of the heavy gang, there is a guy not far from me who the keystones said jumped out the top window of a cop shop, he claims he has shoved, the idea that this geezer would have know anything of value to them, never mind be a trusted by the provos is the same as noreens nothing to see move on, this guy is both a physical and mental mess since

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Two years ago the Commissioner became aware of discrepancies in the number of breath tests carried out,( they were out byout by 1m..........one fukken million....) and of some 14.5k false prosecutions.

It took all this time for her to advise the MOJ. Do you believe this is a sustainable way for the Chair of the Board and the CEO to run an entity?

This is on top of whistle-blowers, penalty points, leaking private citizens info. and on and on. Remember the McBreartys and all that?

And what are we getting--- another review!

Anyways, today the CSO produced figures saying, inter alia , that homicides were up whilst kidnappings were down.

Homicide and sexual assaults on the rise, says CSO

I assume the CSO are basing these findings on figures they get from the Gardaí, how do they know that they bear any semblance to the true figures. Maybe homicides are 50% less or 200% more- how would anyone know. Check the Pulse System?

If a Garada appeared at my house with a document -say one of those speed cam fines - the first thing I'd do is ring the lawyer- I'd accept nothing they have to say at face value.

That is all.
    A shower of poxes.

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    Its not the gardai but the fuked up justic system and criminal courts which are handing out pathetically light sentances for very heinous crimes.
    they are all part of the justice system inc the goverment, who instructed the beaks not to jail the so called travellers, but puts a destitute person in jail for not having a tv licence

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    But sure the pigz have seriously fúcked up also!

Quote Originally Posted by Reasunach View Post
    Up to a couple of months ago I would have always defended the Gardai, but now, I'm not so sure. My personal experience (limited as it was) with the Gardai was always positive. However, I handed an item of lost property in a while ago and I have heard nothing about whether it was returned to the owner (it would have been quite valuable but I don't want to go into detals) and when I phoned to enquire a number of weeks ago, I was assured that someone would get back to me. I have heard nothing since, which makes me wonder if it just "disappeared". I will follow up, but I can only hope that I haven't been taken for a mug and the item in question has not been "appropriated" or "claimed" by someone other than the legal owner. A couple of years ago these doubts would not even entered my mind, but now, given what we have learned...
    We found a new recent model iphone (in sealed unopened box), sim-less, on the side of the road about a year ago (a peculiar place to find one, but there you go). We put up adverts in the local shop and supermarket, online etc., even free ads in the local newspaper. Would have been happy to give it back to anyone would could tell me model and colour etc.. No luck in finding the owner. Eventually rang the local barracks to see if anyone had been in reporting a lost iphone. The Garda who answered said no, but we'll send a car directly up to your house to collect right now to collect it. Had to fob them off (told them we'd still ads outstanding and wanted to have the phone to hand in case anyone got in contact). Having had previous dealings with them, I was amazed at the speed of response this time (car would have been straight up to collect the phone). I had my suspicions as to where that iphone would have ended up if I sent it to the barracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reasunach View Post
    Up to a couple of months ago I would have always defended the Gardai, but now, I'm not so sure. My personal experience (limited as it was) with the Gardai was always positive. However, I handed an item of lost property in a while ago and I have heard nothing about whether it was returned to the owner (it would have been quite valuable but I don't want to go into detals) and when I phoned to enquire a number of weeks ago, I was assured that someone would get back to me. I have heard nothing since, which makes me wonder if it just "disappeared". I will follow up, but I can only hope that I haven't been taken for a mug and the item in question has not been "appropriated" or "claimed" by someone other than the legal owner. A couple of years ago these doubts would not even entered my mind, but now, given what we have learned...
    I agree with you, having had recent experience I no longer have faith in them. I'm sure the majority of younger members join for the right reasons but quickly come to realise that either they join the gang or they will end up isolated.

We need someone from outside to come in and start reforming the force.

I think, a bit like the church, if everyone comes into it from the same starting point and follows the same path faults will emerge and be consolidated.

Inbreeding if you like.

A certain % of Garda management should come from other walks of life rather than up through the ranks, maybe 50% or more.
    Hybrid vigour if you like.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment