Register to Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

yes the key figures to inform would be.

the number of ordered deportations.
    the number of such orders fulfilled, and answers to why the remainder were not fulfilled and where are these people now? still here? surely we cannot allowed failed asylum seekers who have failed the legislative test remain in situ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I welcome all tightening of our asylum laws.

Can we also go over old cases where we suspect successful applicants were, in hindsight, just screwing the system ?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post

Can we also go over old cases where we suspect successful applicants were, in hindsight, just screwing the system ?
    Why not return them after 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post

Fat chance - that sounds far too sensible. Will never happen. You might find a lot of scammers and come across a lot of looking the other way, nod and a wink, etc on the part of our establishment. Horror of horrors!

There was a story last year about some loophole whereby the Gardai could not deport someone if they ran into a house and wouldn't come out, I can't remember the details, it sounds ludicrous, like a keystone cops things, does anyone know if that's been resolved yet?

The entire approach is laughable, and the organized smuggling is making it even more so.
    When a person from Africa or Asia presents themselves here and maintains:
    1) Ireland is the first country that they have reached -- no other ports of call in between... there's something wrong with the judge or deciding officer if he believes this one.
    2) that they are persecuted, or their life is in danger .... kind of difficult to prove from Ireland... even if they have papers, it's difficult to know whether they belong to the persecuted or the persecuting class.
    If they are fleeing because there's war in the kitchen, could they not have moved to the dining room instead of making all their way to Ireland. Likewise if there's war in Herat province of Afghanistan, you can survive much better in Kabul, why not go there? Incidentally this is precisely what Angela Merkel's admin is doing now at this point in time. She's sending back the Afghanis because it's a safe(r) country... Course she has an election to face in a few months.
    Let's say for example that they proclaim that they are gay and hence persecuted... well there's no one here who can really dispute that. Likewise if they proclaim themselves to be Christian or a Christian convert... kinda difficult to disprove it up this neck of the woods.
    To sum up, I think this clinically legalistic approach of helping everyone and someone financially once they step one foot within the jurisdiction to prove their case in court has attracted so many hangers-on from the smugglers to the emigration-lawyers to the hotel-owners that the money involved would be much better spent directly on the displaced persons down in those regions.
    As matter of fact, human nature would suggest that the money spent on accommodating the legal claims of the asylum seekers tends to leave those unfortunate masses who can't make it to Ireland short-changed. And they are the poorest and a little help down there would go a long way.

And then there's all those poor people who drowned.....

There are lots of newspaper articles about African women being trafficked to Europe after being conned into believing they were going to well paid jobs, then they find themselves being forced to work as prostitutes. I've read articles about how many of the pregnant Nigerian mothers on those boats in the Med are pregnant as a result of being gang raped on their way to be forced to work as prostitutes in Europe, our navy is facilitating that.

I'm not going to link articles, people can Google it and see the horror for themselves. People believe the promises of the traffickers and they will come so long as they continue to be ferried in by navies.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixness View Post
    There are lots of newspaper articles about African women being trafficked to Europe after being conned into believing they were going to well paid jobs, then they find themselves being forced to work as prostitutes. I've read articles about how many of the pregnant Nigerian mothers on those boats in the Med are pregnant as a result of being gang raped on their way to be forced to work as prostitutes in Europe, our navy is facilitating that.

I'm not going to link articles, people can Google it and see the horror for themselves. People believe the promises of the traffickers and they will come so long as they continue to be ferried in by navies.

If you claim you are trafficked to Ireland for prostitution do you get to remain in Ireland and get a stream of benefits?

Are there any numbers on the undocumented in Ireland? What happens when someone is in the country on an undocumented basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Are there any numbers on the undocumented in Ireland? What happens when someone is in the country on an undocumented basis?

they probably would not be suckling off the State's Tit

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment