Register to Comment
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    Doesn't matter who's on the jury... I'd say Seán is as safe as houses... imo.

This is Ireland after all... a country in which it took six months for the gardai to cross the threshold of Anglo after the sh!t hit the fan.
    A busy 6 months in the bank by all accounts - amazing how many personal guarantees went missing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    A busy 6 months in the bank by all accounts - amazing how many personal guarantees went missing.
    Amazing how people are indulging the media and the 'establishment' (as usual) by letting them think we don't all know it's a big f***ing charade.

Doesn't matter who's on the jury... I'd say Seán is as safe as houses... imo.

This is Ireland after all... a country in which it took six months for the gardai to cross the threshold of Anglo after the sh!t hit the fan.

I have zero confidence in the Irish justice system.
    Bowe, McAteer and Casey.
    There might be some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Bowe, McAteer and Casey.
    I'll believe it when I see it and I certainly won't be holding my breath.

Anyone with a shred of common sense knows that this trial is all about shielding the Auditors. If the state bothered to sue EY there is a great chance of recouping some of the money pumped into Anglo alongside bankrupting the firm. But the elites will not let one of their own go down so lets have Seanie the Scapegoat.
    Evil banker lies to poor wee innocent Auditor in summary.

We all know which way this will go. He's a paid up member of the golden circle. This is all for show.

Amazing how people are indulging the media and the 'establishment' (as usual) by letting them think we don't all know it's a big f***ing charade.
    There's a BIG gap between knowing it's a farce and being able to do anything about it.....the Moriarty Tribunal report taught me that.

This country is a complete cesspit in terms of leadership and good governance...but there seems to be little or nothing Joe or Joan Taxpayer-Voter can do about it because it would seem there's no political capital in "doing the decent thing".

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Bowe, McAteer and Casey.
    Sacrificial lambs to make us believe justice is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Manstein View Post
    Anyone with a shred of common sense knows that this trial is all about shielding the Auditors. If the state bothered to sue EY there is a great chance of recouping some of the money pumped into Anglo alongside bankrupting the firm. But the elites will not let one of their own go down so lets have Seanie the Scapegoat.
    Evil banker lies to poor wee innocent Auditor in summary.
    I thought Seanie was an insider?

Jesus wept, but there is some amount of flip flopping and conspiracy theorizing going on wholesale from one insider being a scapegoat to protecting flipping auditors. I was quite skeptical myself before the last Anglo trial, given that the lads before them only got community service and a wink from the judge. I don't think I'm naive in saying that Seanie could indeed get banged up if found guilty. They found the other lads guilty, didn't they? The other lads got jail time, didn't they? Despite many on here, including me I admit, saying it would be a bit of a charade. But to see it continuing here in the face of the last trial is a bit tin foil hattish, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    There's a BIG gap between knowing it's a farce and being able to do anything about it.....the Moriarty Tribunal report taught me that.

This country is a complete cesspit in terms of leadership and good governance...but there seems to be little or nothing Joe or Joan Taxpayer-Voter can do about it because it would seem there's no political capital in "doing the decent thing".
    It's a thousand wonders that this isn't being handled by a tribunal.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment