Register to Comment
Page 642 of 796 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692742 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 7952
Like Tree8175Likes
    Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    When the government that was ousted takes a decidedly Islamic Sharia-law direction, yes.
    Wouldn't you ?
    I thought you were better then that. Elections were due shortly before the Coup, but the Egyptian deep state ( backed by the U.S and Israel) could not wait. The Coup was illegal and the world should be stigmatizing and opposing this current rgime at every opportunity.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by papaquebec View Post
    There is an excellent translation ( by a native Arabic speaker) of Ibrahim speaking in the mosque on Mark Humphrys blog regarding the Halawas.

Read it and then tell us that he isn't an Islamist.

Also read, and view screenshots of the kind of stuff one or more of the sisters has a habit of posting on social media, and then tell me she isn't a racist, an antisemite and an Islamic supremacist.
    Humphreys is spot on in relation to this. Should be required reading before posting on this "prisoner of conscience".

He may not have broken any laws, but we have been played for a fool. If he was a white supremacist, the media would be more forthcoming.

The whole thing is an utter failure of objective journalism.

Massive chill effect on this.

Get him back to his adopted country and, while acknowledging his mistreatment, publish all his and his family's MB scumbaggery and lies.

Then deport pops...

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    You are creating the same tired strawman. Is it too complicated for you to believe he is entitled to a fair trial without supporting his (percieved) beliefs?
    Should homosexuals get a fair trial before being sentenced to death in the manner sanctioned by the Clonskeagh Mosque?

Quote Originally Posted by bob3344 View Post
    No strawman, there are clearly many posters who think being unsympathetic to poor Ibrahim indicates racism/prejudice.
    And others who believe that he and his family have questions about their belief system and whether or not they accept the supremacy of our constitution and democratic system above their beliefs.
    His sisters hightailed it from Egypt because they must have feared that they had transgressed.
    I want to know what's the real story about his passport and whether or not he the Irish ambassador to Egypt managed to secure safe passage from the country some years ago and if he actually refused to avail of that.
    A two bit punk and his wailing family clearly think they are worth more than other Irish people.
    Would that a fraction of the effort and time spent on this guy was invested in sorting out one or more of the problems that beset many Irish people.
    If he's Irish, he's better get with the program.
    Frankly he should be horsewhipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    I thought you were better then that. Elections were due shortly before the Coup, but the Egyptian deep state ( backed by the U.S and Israel) could not wait. The Coup was illegal and the world should be stigmatizing and opposing this current rgime at every opportunity.
    But it's not a dictatorship, Al Sisi was elected by Egyptian voters after the military intervened.

The MB were actually a political minority in Egypt at the time of Morsi's election, boosted to 52% by secular Egyptians who could not vote for the opposition, which was led by one of Mubarak's main supporters.

Wonder will IT start asking him questions when he comes home on Gay rights...............

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Wake up!
    Islamists don't play by our rules. They intended to make another Iranian-style theocratic state in Egypt at any cost. Head chopping, hand chopping, beating and hanging with anyone who doesn't kowtow to their religious horse************************.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    Humphreys is spot on in relation to this. Should be required reading before posting on this "prisoner of conscience".

He may not have broken any laws, but we have been played for a fool. If he was a white supremacist, the media would be more forthcoming.

The whole thing is an utter failure of objective journalism.

Massive chill effect on this.

Get him back to his adopted country and, while acknowledging his mistreatment, publish all his and his family's MB scumbaggery and lies.

Then deport pops...
    I recently found myself among a group of (relatively tame) leftists of my acquaintance. The Halawa issue was raised and I mentioned Mark Humphrys.

The liberal rump immediately condemned Humphrys as a right-wing, racist bigot.

I asked what they knew of him, what had the heard, what had they read etc?

Two of the company had never heard of Mark Humphrys, but thought he sounded like an islamophobe (because that's what their friends think)

Two of the company thought Mark Humphrys was one of Tommy Robinson's aliases.

The final guy - a thespian of some note - told us he'd read about Humphrys being arrested in the UK for attempting arson at a Mosque. I suggested he discuss the matter with Mr Humphrys lawyers and he suddenly remembered that his memory isn't too great (how he remembers his lines I really don't know. Maybe the other "lines" help!)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    Is he also an Egyptian citizen ?
    In the eyes of the Egyptian state, anyone born to Egyptian citizens is an Egyptian citizens unless they have legally renounced that citizenship. He did not enter Egypt as an Egyptian citizen he entered as an Irish citizen, paying the same fee as all other Irish citizens to enter Egypt and which no Egyptian citizen has to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    A two bit punk and his wailing family clearly think they are worth more than other Irish people.
    More problematic is than many Irish people also believe it.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment