Register to Comment
Page 642 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692742 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 10075
Like Tree10110Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    Humphreys is spot on in relation to this. Should be required reading before posting on this "prisoner of conscience".

He may not have broken any laws, but we have been played for a fool. If he was a white supremacist, the media would be more forthcoming.

The whole thing is an utter failure of objective journalism.

Massive chill effect on this.

Get him back to his adopted country and, while acknowledging his mistreatment, publish all his and his family's MB scumbaggery and lies.

Then deport pops...
    I recently found myself among a group of (relatively tame) leftists of my acquaintance. The Halawa issue was raised and I mentioned Mark Humphrys.

The liberal rump immediately condemned Humphrys as a right-wing, racist bigot.

I asked what they knew of him, what had the heard, what had they read etc?

Two of the company had never heard of Mark Humphrys, but thought he sounded like an islamophobe (because that's what their friends think)

Two of the company thought Mark Humphrys was one of Tommy Robinson's aliases.

The final guy - a thespian of some note - told us he'd read about Humphrys being arrested in the UK for attempting arson at a Mosque. I suggested he discuss the matter with Mr Humphrys lawyers and he suddenly remembered that his memory isn't too great (how he remembers his lines I really don't know. Maybe the other "lines" help!)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    Is he also an Egyptian citizen ?
    In the eyes of the Egyptian state, anyone born to Egyptian citizens is an Egyptian citizens unless they have legally renounced that citizenship. He did not enter Egypt as an Egyptian citizen he entered as an Irish citizen, paying the same fee as all other Irish citizens to enter Egypt and which no Egyptian citizen has to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    A two bit punk and his wailing family clearly think they are worth more than other Irish people.
    More problematic is than many Irish people also believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by papaquebec View Post
    More problematic is than many Irish people also believe it.
    "That"
    Feckin autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    I thought you were better then that. Elections were due shortly before the Coup, but the Egyptian deep state ( backed by the U.S and Israel) could not wait. The Coup was illegal and the world should be stigmatizing and opposing this current rgime at every opportunity.
    I've two friends who live in Egypt (Irish, married to Egyptians).
    Both said it was a grassroots protest.

There's a large secular population there and they were genuinely terrified with the direction Morsi was taking.
    He campaigned on a middle-of-the-road agenda, but once in power his Islamic tendencies shone through.
    The reason why they wanted him gone before the next election was because they didn't trust him in charge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    Wake up!
    Islamists don't play by our rules. They intended to make another Iranian-style theocratic state in Egypt at any cost. Head chopping, hand chopping, beating and hanging with anyone who doesn't kowtow to their religious horse************************.
    Iran Govt allows and has always allowed other religions to be freely practised in Iran

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Iran Govt allows and has always allowed other religions to be freely practised in Iran
    Well that's all right then. I'll be fine should I ever visit.

As an atheist I won't be head-chopped as an apostate.

Fortunately I'm also not "quare", so I won't have to worry about hanging from the jib of a crane.

Must remember not to pack tarot cards or similar so as not to fall foul of witchcraft and sorcery laws.

Quote Originally Posted by papaquebec View Post
    Another one who lives in a utopian bubble.

Halawa was filmed in a Mosque spouting support for the Muslim Brotherhood.

He was filmed stating he was an Egyptian who happened to reside in Ireland.

He travelled to Egypt on his Egyptian passport and is thus Egyptian in the eyes of international law and diplomatic conventions.

He was filmed stating his commitment to revolution "to the last bullet" - a sentiment shared by at least one of his sisters who regularly implores Allah to take her as a martyr.

The facts are at there at the click of a mouse, but there are some who'd rather believe abject nonsense rather than have their indoctrination challenged
    He supported the democratically elected government of Egypt against a military coup, any democrat should do the same, in a democracy the people are sovereign there are ways to change a government they do not involve a military takeover.

He travelled to Egypt on an Irish passport and entered Egypt as an Irish citizen paying the fee foreign nationals are required to pay, that is not disputed by Egypt.

A dark day for Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    I've two friends who live in Egypt (Irish, married to Egyptians).
    Both said it was a grassroots protest.

There's a large secular population there and they were genuinely terrified with the direction Morsi was taking.
    He campaigned on a middle-of-the-road agenda, but once in power his Islamic tendencies shone through.
    The reason why they wanted him gone before the next election was because they didn't trust him in charge of it.
    I'm often genuinely terrified by the direction FG is taking us, and remember the platform they and Labour were elected on before heading off in a different election, I remember Pat Rabbite openly admitting they lied to get elected, but I would never support the Irish army taking it upon themselves to over rule a legitimately elected government.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment