Register to Comment
Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Why is the justice system so lenient.

Can someone explain why the justice system in this State favours not giving custodial sentences to recidivist criminals. The below is just another example of an individuals with numerous convictions, receiving a suspended sentence. It seems to me that this is becoming a common occurrence, especially for criminals with numerous convictions. What good comes from not locking this individual away? This article is from the Limerick leader and I am sure P.ie posters could show similar links from their local newspapers. Please feel free to add other lenient sentences reports.

‘Semi naked’ man banned from Limerick hotel - Limerick Leader
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

This guy has finally run out of chances after 52 previous convictions and received 10 months. Looks like he met the wrong judge

‘No more chances’ for serial offender jailed for theft - Limerick Leader

Because repeat offenders are a revenue generator for the legal profession. The more these guys appear in court, the more money the wigs put in their trouser pockets. It's a revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    This guy has finally run out of chances after 52 previous convictions and received 10 months. Looks like he met the wrong judge

€˜No more chances€™ for serial offender jailed for theft - Limerick Leader
    10 months? He'll be out in 6, and back in court this time next year. Even if he hit someone's gran with a hammer he'd only get a year or two.

Too be fair, it's extremely tough on the garlic/Apple cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Goa Tse View Post
    10 months? He'll be out in 6, and back in court this time next year. Even if he hit someone's gran with a hammer he'd only get a year or two.
    This comes down to decades of governmental failure to give the slightest damn about marginalised people, coupled to a church which both brutalised them and told them that contraception was evil.

That is why DAAD and various subversive groups get support when they drive Dealers away. That is why SF could build their base.

I'm not condoning or absolving Mr 52 convictions here, nor am I condoning leg breaking for dealers, but this is how we ended up there.

There needs to be a much "Darker" prison regime for organised crims. and we need to consider solitary whilst on remand and solitary during their sentences. And that includes removing direct contact from family.

We need to treat Crime bosses in a manner that will have Amnesty lobbying the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    This comes down to decades of governmental failure to give the slightest damn about marginalised people, coupled to a church which both brutalised them and told them that contraception was evil.
    It's very true that a great deal of the country's problem's can be linked to the church. The apologists will howl, but it's true (also they're morons). It needs to be driven from this island.

That is why DAAD and various subversive groups get support when they drive Dealers away. That is why SF could build their base.
    SF are only another civil war party used as a bogeyman by Sir Tony O'Reilly's comics and certain armchair warriors in RTE to keep the two other civil war parties fucking the corpse. About as useful as a chocolate fireguard. As regards drugs, America lost the ward on drugs 30 years ago and won't admit it. Same head in the sand attitude everywhere else, including here.

I'm not condoning or absolving Mr 52 convictions here, nor am I condoning leg breaking for dealers, but this is how we ended up there.
    I don't condone vigilantism, but in a case like his . . .

There needs to be a much "Darker" prison regime for organised crims. and we need to consider solitary whilst on remand and solitary during their sentences. And that includes removing direct contact from family.
    That won't happen without root and branch reform of the legal system, which, like the church to which it is linked, sees itself as untouchable.

We need to treat Crime bosses in a manner that will have Amnesty lobbying the UN.
    I see where you're coming from alright, but the will doesn't exist for this to happen, as long as the Law Society types can maintain the status quo.
    Last edited by Goa Tse; 26th March 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Could the below suspended sentence for this criminal lead to more criminal activity?

Drunken teen kicked garda in the chest - Independent.ie

Reasons are two fold....

Lack of prison space, which conveniently leads to the revolving door justice system which enriches the legal eagles but exposes society to serial offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    Could the below suspended sentence for this criminal lead to more criminal activity?

Drunken teen kicked garda in the chest - Independent.ie
    Peper spray? I am no fan of An Garda Sochna, but that little skidmark should have gotten both his collarbones broken at least. Nope, he gets off scot free instead and no doubt is bragging about it to his mouthbreather friends.

As my dad would say "a gurrier if I ever saw one"

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment