Register to Comment
Page 1 of 312 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1752Likes

So Call Our New Prostitution Law?

Alan Shatter has spoken in today's Irish Times and is seeking advice from The AG and Bottler

Shatter seeks AG

I believe given his libertarian outlook and human rights concern, he will not choose the disasterous Swedish Model of client prosecution! A similar model law passed the Lower House in France a few days ago but as the police and the minister for the Interior oppose it as they know its completely insane, it will be parked indefinitely in the French Senate!
    I think at the end of the day The prominent NGOs advocating the insane law, who happen to work in this area, will be more than delighted with increased funding to help sort out the issue, which in my opinion in these austere times with public collections down and Government cutbacks was the name of the game for that sector any way!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Can this law be brought into force soley on ministerial order alone?

Well any thoughts on this one?

It seems to me that Shatter doesn't want to change the existing 1993 legislation. The pressure for change seems to be coming from the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Alan Shatter has spoken in today's Irish Times and is seeking advice from The AG and Bottler

Shatter seeks AG

I believe given his libertarian outlook and human rights concern, he will not choose the disasterous Swedish Model of client prosecution! A similar model law passed the Lower House in France a few days ago but as the police and the minister for the Interior oppose it as they know its completely insane, it will be parked indefinitely in the French Senate!
    I think at the end of the day The prominent NGOs advocating the insane law, who happen to work in this area, will be more than delighted with increased funding to help sort out the issue, which in my opinion in these austere times with public collections down and Government cutbacks was the name of the game for that sector any way!

I have lived in Sweden.

The only people who support the Swedish prostitution law are those involved in trafficking and organised crime.

The Swedish law is a traffickers dream which has led to a massive rise in trafficking and forced prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Well any thoughts on this one?
    Yes, but you won't like it; better syntax would help.

To be honest, I'm still trying to untangle the OP.

I'll have to get back to you.

Minister Shatter is a man of compassion and common sense unlike a lot of ejits supporting the insane Swedish Model of further criminalisation!

Shatter in hot water over 'older' prostitutes remarks - Independent.ie

The concerns he has expressed are absolutely right.

The Indo banging the rightwing drum as usual, portraying all prostitutes as "victims".

The solution is legalisation and regulation. As Prohibition and our drugs laws show, banning something hands control to organised crime. We are so backward in this country on sexual issues.

Surely the only way to protect the women involved is legalisation.
    People need to stop moralising and legislate for reality and in reality some women work as prostitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The concerns he has expressed are absolutely right.
    Absolutely but there are more important considerations than just aul wans entrapping 'Innocent' young men on this one! The proposals put forward by the committee will make us an international laughing stock and in the guise of protecting sex workers give us the most severe anti sex work and anti sex worker laws outside of countries that actually execute sex workers!
    And not one trafficked/abused/coerced sex worker where they do exist will be helped by it, in fact the contrary will be the case!

Page 1 of 312 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment