Register to Comment
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivalOfAction View Post
    And we wonder why the O'Brien & O'Reilly media support those [FG/FF/LP] who will keep it that way?
    No - I don't wonder anymore. Why else would such a glaring injustice be left unchanged?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I believe he is sincere in helping people in Haiti! There's no evidence to suggest otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Haldeman View Post
    Not if Denis loses.

That would send a warm, fuzzy glow up your spine at the thought of both reinforced freedom of expression and the abiding wisdom of the Irish judiciary.
    I think Dinny wins either way. A loss for him in court still puts the defendants through considerable inconvenience and stress and gives him another chance to put his case re Moriarty etc. in those segments of the media he doesn't already control.

Namawinelake often has something interesting about Dinny:

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/20...also-in-davos/
    Last edited by Ardillaun; 14th February 2013 at 05:07 PM.

BTW I wouldn't regard hypocrisy as a serious failing - it's what makes good manners and civil society possible. I try hard to be a hypocrite when I'm in public. Hypocrisy implies that at least we aspire to certain standards of behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    I think Dinny wins either way. A loss for him in court still puts the defendants through considerable inconvenience and stress and gives him another chance to put his case re Moriarty etc. in those segments of the media he doesn't already control.

Namawinelake often has something interesting about Dinny:

At Davos, An Taoiseach discussed communications investment in Burma (Denis O

Like the comment about the Mirror re Moriarty/Ray Burke, be delightful if they came back on Dinny

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Defamation laws only work for the wealthy - Take that from a nobody with no money who a certain journalist had a pop at.
    Tell us more. What kind of pop? Verbal or the Boxing variety?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dingle View Post
    I believe he is sincere in helping people in Haiti! There's no evidence to suggest otherwise!
    I believe what Moriarty report says but Denis doesn't appear to be bothered by the evidence

Denis is concerned about his image....

I don't think telling the media what they cannot say is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I believe what Moriarty report says but Denis doesn't appear to be bothered by the evidence
    I believe Moriarty too. I also formed much the same opinion as the journalist who is involved in this case. I never knew what that journalist had written until this case came to the fore. So could I be called as a witness for the defence? It seems Dinny is saying people wouldn't have that view if it were not written in the first place.

He was awarded €150000......@viviennetraynor: #denisobrien wins defamation action. Jury found article based on honest opinion but not based on facts or in public interest

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment