Register to Comment
Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 118 ... LastLast
Like Tree619Likes

A fantastic decision by the judge. People like the Quinns think they can get away with whatever they want. They learnt to their cost today that this judge takes no messing.

Even if the son gets moved later on, he will be spending the weekend in Mountjoy. Nothing can prepare him for that. Mountjoy defies description. 20 years ago I wrote an article for one of the broadsheets on it. I went in and was shown the place. It is horrific. The tension is palpable. Merely visiting the place for a few hours freaked me out - the experience of being in a place where you were surrounded by locked doors, where simply going from A to B involved guys with keys and bars everywhere, the smell of the place, the constant echoing sound, being told when you met a prisoner that they would be likely to try to scam you A, B, C ways and finding that is exactly what happened.

The photographer with me had to go to the jacks and puke so horrible did he find it. It gave me nightmares afterwards for weeks.

It is a horrible horrible place and John and I were only visiting for an hour. We could walk out of there once our work was done (though the first thing you want to do is shower to get every bit of that hellhole off you.) Quinn's son won't know what hit him. He is in for a weekend of hell, or longer if he is in that place for longer before being moved. And so is his old man if they don't purge their contempt.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by gombeennation View Post
    hmmm dunno about that - how do you explain the HC judge who let willie off with signing a false affidavid ... under oath ... ?
    He didn't so far as I know.

He accepted an affidavit at face value.

This exposed O'Dea to other ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post

dont think so des, the matter was settled and the Affidavit was never brought to the trial judgr's attention.

willie spinning later said this meant the judge was ok with it

They're perfectly capable of arranging their affairs through their legal team in complete confidence even when banged up. It's no impediment whatever to complying with the court orders.

In any event, the courts would have no teeth if people could avoid imprisonment by claiming that the only way that they could comply with court orders is to be at liberty.

These guys were given time to comply; they didn't.

The court has to show that it can do more than bark.

The court also has to look at the picture which extends beyond just this case and demonstrate to others that this type of behaviour will attract sanctions.
    +1.
    And remember the objective of this process is to get the Quinn's to obey court orders.

As you say the Quinns have been given plenty of time to repatriate the assets that they own and to deliver those assets to Anglo Irish Bank/IBRC.
    The court has been fair to the Quinns thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    and locking them up will greatly improve yours and the other miserable begrudger s lives greatly will it ?
    They are stealing assets that rightfully belong to the Irish State. Too right they should be locked up. There are many who said here and elsewhere that noone from the ''Golden circle'' will end up behind bars for the mess this country is in. This has at least disproved that.

willie definitely signed a false affidavid in the high court - there is no question about that.

but willie odea faced no legal sanction over signing a false affidavit in the high court - under oath.
    makes a mockery of the high court IMO.

the joy isnt near as bad as people make out.
    you can be sure the billionaires spawn will come to no harm.
    the nephew had the right idea IMO.
    quinns do not have the political protection they need - the nephew seems to have twigged this earlier than the idiot son.
    its getting interesting.
    but sonny will go to an open prison at the very very worst.
    and open prisons ( depending on which one ) are generally a piece of piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    They are stealing assets that rightfully belong to the Irish State. Too right they should be locked up. There are many who said here and elsewhere that noone from the ''Golden circle'' will end up behind bars for the mess this country is in. This has at least disproved that.
    Wow a few weeks in jail. I know guys who have not paid fines and got longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    sonny jim wasnt in the golden circle.
    and at worst he will do 2 nights in the joy - then out to an open prison.
    what this does show is that the criminals have been running the country for years.

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    whinge whinge whinge , bail me out , pay my debts , bank made me do it , jail the quinns , jail everybody , pay my debts
    The ''whinge whinge whinge, bail me out, pay my debts, bank made me do it'' part is basically what Sean Quinn has been saying...
    I certainly don't want my debts paid - I don't have any, thankfully not a red cent owed to anyone or any Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    A fantastic decision by the judge. People like the Quinns think they can get away with whatever they want. They learnt to their cost today that this judge takes no messing.

Even if the son gets moved later on, he will be spending the weekend in Mountjoy. Nothing can prepare him for that. Mountjoy defies description. 20 years ago I wrote an article for one of the broadsheets on it. I went in and was shown the place. It is horrific. The tension is palpable. Merely visiting the place for a few hours freaked me out - the experien ce of being in a place where you were surrounded by locked doors, where simply going from A to B involved guys with keys and bars everywhere, the smell of the place, the constant echoing sound, being told when you met a prisoner that they would be likely to try to scam you A, B, C ways and finding that is exactly what happened.

The photographer with me had to go to the jacks and puke so horrible did he find it. It gave me nightmares afterwards for weeks.

It is a horrible horrible place and John and I were only visiting for an hour. We could walk out of there once our work was done (though the first thing you want to do is shower to get every bit of that hellhole off you.) Quinn's son won't know what hit him. He is in for a weekend of hell, or longer if he is in that place for longer before being moved. And so is his old man if they don't purge their contempt.
    It's the smell, more than anything. It's unique. They renovated the death chamber about fifteen years ago, after the death penalty had already been abolished. Tells you all you need to know about Irish prisons.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment