Register to Comment
Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree619Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cattyred View Post
    Please keep us posted on programes coming up about quins missing millions
    I hope you didn't miss it! BBC One (Northern Ireland) repeated their ''Spotlight'' investigation ''Quinn's missing millions'' at 10:45pm. It was an hour long programme with Jim Fitzpatrick following the money trail from Ireland to Sweden, Ukraine, Russia and Belize. Fascinating stuff.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    I hope you didn't miss it! BBC One (Northern Ireland) repeated their ''Spotlight'' investigation ''Quinn's missing millions'' at 10:45pm. It was an hour long programme with Jim Fitzpatrick following the money trail from Ireland to Sweden, Ukraine, Russia and Belize. Fascinating stuff.
    Thanks for asking but i did miss it unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisco View Post
    Welcome to Mindset Ireland:

A place where you can rail against bankers for breaking the rules and bankrupting the country, and deify a man who broke the rules and bankrupted himself (leaving you to pick up the tab) because he 'brought jobs'.

I think I am starting to understand the violent nationalist tradition better: because it is increasingly clear to me that nationalism is a very weak force in Ireland. Irish people have little loyalty to 'the nation'. Most wanted the Brits out, sure, but only inasmuch as it affected their area. No-one in Ireland is prepared to forego anything for the common wealth or the national good if it means their county sits with an egg less, and they are happy to see 'their man' screw over the rest of us to make sure that doesn't happen (enter, stage left Messrs. Lowry, Quinn, Wallace, Haughey, Ahern etc. etc. etc.)
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    didnt our favourite briton mcfeely appeal committal on foot of contempt before kearns ? must check courts.ie

hopefully quinn is dunne for and gets chokey in the joy rather than Arbour hill
    By delightful coincidence, it was on in the Supreme Court yesterday (and ran over into today: not a good way to endear oneself to the Court. But I digress...).

Hedzog arrives home from his job in Quinn Direct to find Seany standing over his funconscious family, holding a bloodied baseball bat and laughing manaically

Hedzog "Ah Jaysus, would you look at what they've done to your bat? It's all splintered and ruined. Would you like a cuppa?"

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    You might want to read up on what actually happened you muppet.
    So what exactly was incorrect in the post you are referring to?

Anglo tried to support its share price an Quinn was centrally involved in this. I have no issue with him being taken down but when you see the characters in Anglo that were responsible for the whole collapse riding off into the sunset and their accomplices in Ernie actually still receiving MASSIVE state contracts it would make one sick.

Why do Fine Gael not take down the shysters in Ernie Young?

The answer is obvious and comes in the colour brown.

Quote Originally Posted by VHF View Post
    Worth watching this tonight at 22:45 BBC One Northern Ireland - Spotlight

Sean Quinn's Missing Millions

BBC One - Spotlight, Sean Quinn's Missing Millions
    I saw it recently. It was excellent
    Last edited by Master Debater; 27th June 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: I ransacked VHF's posting by accident

Quote Originally Posted by Dub guy View Post
    The Quinns were a great success story of the era; they made huge money and employed loads of locals.

There is a certain agenda against them; the old money families allied to the west Brit and unionist elements who want to see Irish Ireland as a failure are having their day.

That being said the Quinns have questions to answer...

i would love to place abet that none of these will see the inside of a prison of a prison cell. sean quinn gambled in billions and lost full stop but the sad thing is that we have now to pay for his recklessness. these guys inhabit a different world that we do. they pretend to be great catholics, republicans to their toe nails but like bertie and his cohorts nobody else matters but themselves. when they take the stand in a court of law do they not promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god.!

Quote Originally Posted by Lain2016 View Post

There is a certain agenda against them; the old money families allied to the west Brit and unionist elements who want to see Irish Ireland as a failure are having their day.
    What's the weather like on your planet?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment