Register to Comment
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thanks - that's what I was trying to ascertain.
    What exactly were you trying to ascertain ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiberal View Post
    What exactly were you trying to ascertain ?
    I asked you repeatedly why the judge felt his hands were tied - and you declined to enlighten me.

Absolutely. But one man who dies from being stabbed 5 times, was he treated equally ?
    Who said anything about equally, Mercurial stated they must be treated justly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I asked you repeatedly why the judge felt his hands were tied - and you declined to enlighten me.
    I told you im not the judge in question, you were enlightened by someone who in all probability is not the judge in question.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelach View Post
    OK so justly ?

I think the contributors on this thread illustrate the depth of the perversion amongst the liberal/left. These pieces of excrement believe that stabbing one man to death is worth seven years and stabbing another man through the heart is not even worth an extra minute.Seriously people, these pinko perverts should not be rationalised with, they are beyond redemption. They are the malignant tumour eating away at this country's vital organs...

OK so justly ?
    Well, he is dead now. I doubt he gives much of a fig for justice. The perpetrators are being punished for the crime against the state/public/society. So the appropriate question is whether or not the public was treated justly.

Personally, I believe the sentence to be far too lenient. However, the legislature controls sentencing to a large extent, through legislation, but also through its election of Governments who refuse to expand and fund the prison system.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelach View Post
    So have to serve no extra time for stabbing another man through the heart seems fair to you? Pervert

Quote Originally Posted by damoireland View Post
    I think the contributors on this thread illustrate the depth of the perversion amongst the liberal/left. These pieces of excrement believe that stabbing one man to death is worth seven years and stabbing another man through the heart is not even worth an extra minute.Seriously people, these pinko perverts should not be rationalised with, they are beyond redemption. They are the malignant tumour eating away at this country's vital organs...
    As a malignant tumour eating away at this country's vital organs, any chance of Minister Shatter providing the citizens with real justice?

I remember that case your talking about.

As the mother of the victim in this trial stated - "there is no justice system, its a game between two teams"

Is there really any humanity to people who have lost a loved one - to legal technicalities?
    There was also a case a couple of years ago when a man broke into a woman's house and raped her. The rapist claimed he couldn't remember what he did that night. Even though the forensic evidence against him was very strong, the judge gave him a one year suspended sentence. Both the victim and rapist sat on the same train on the way home and when they disembarked, the rapist flicked his cigarette butt at the woman. For this he was hauled back into court and given a three sentence.

A suspended sentence for rape and three years for flicking his cig butt at her.

Yes indeed, our justice system needs a massive overhaul. The real problem with it is that (a) a victim of a crime is only a witness to said crime and (b) judges have far too much discretion. There should be a minimum and maxium sentence for each crime and (c) not enough use of consecutive sentence. Instead concurrent is used most of the time. That why a criminal, once caught and charged with one crime, can then go on a cirme spree, and if caught again, knows he will get a concurrent sentence and not a consecutive one.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment