Register to Comment
Page 65 of 587 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 115 165 565 ... LastLast
Like Tree3360Likes

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post

Are you a Jesuit per chance?
    Was Luigi Vampa a Jesuit?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    As I see it Brady is being criticized for not going to the parents with names of kids allegedly abused.
    The problem is that how could he do anything of that nature unless there was some formal proof of the abuse.?
    If there was formal proof of some kind against Smyth and Brady was aware of it then its a different matter.

But it still makes it almost impossible for Brady to approach the parents because again in the absence of formal proof concerning these named children, Brady could get into a lot of trouble if he broached a subject like that with a parent and it turned out that the kid was not in fact abused.

Its a no win situation all around.

The only safe course of conduct in these matters is to rely on formal proven convictions because the legal /social repercussions of false allegations are enormous for everybody concerned.

---
    Indeed, in the absence of a full forensic work-up or any actual recordings of the abuse it's entirely understandable.

That was sarcasm by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    I was wondering when you were going to crawl out from under your rock. If you don't mind I won't be engaging in any discussion with the likes of you.
    Naturally you must de rigeur begin your reply to me with offensive abuse.

Its also clear your unable to debate the reasonable point that I raised.

All reason flies out the window when you are around.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelach View Post
    There was clearly both. He failed to report a crime. He made a conscious decision not to report said crime.

So did the victim

- so did the father + mother

Should they also be charged?

Mr Boland even as an adult never went to the Garda

-because he was satisfied that what happened to him remain behind closed doors

Clearly that was his wish and also of his own parents

Brendan Boland has said that at the time “my parents, who were good God-fearing people, and I were assured that Fr Brendan Smyth would not be allowed to associate with young boys and girls and that there would be no recurrence of the abuse which I and other victims had suffered”.He said that “as a result of these assurances, I felt safer and I hoped that the assurances would mean that others would not suffer as I had.” Fr Brady passed his findings to Bishop McKiernan.
    'We were assured there would be no recurrence of the abuse which I and other victims had suffered' - The Irish Times - Wed, May 02, 2012

His anger began to mount (& who could blame him) when he discovered that Smyth's abuse of kids continued for years after when he was told he would be dealt with and he felt (rightly so) betrayed by what had happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Indeed, in the absence of a full forensic work-up or any actual recordings of the abuse it's entirely understandable.

That was sarcasm by the way.
    Are you going to debate my point or backslide away like abusive poster eoghancht?

You know what bothers me - is the civil authority in this country concludes that the patron of an educational establishment is no longer a fit person to act as such - indeed appears to be wholly lacking in moral judgement and beholden to a foreign power - they do not appear to have any authority to remove them.

After a hundred years of so-called independence that's sad - do we expect so little?

Quote Originally Posted by HoHoHoHo View Post
    Nobody forces you to believe in the teachings of Christ.
    What you mean this guy?:

"And whosoeuer shall offend one of these litle ones that beleeue in me, it is better for him, that a milstone were hanged about his necke, and he were cast into the Sea."(Mark 9:42 KJV)

He didn't have any time for child abusers and I doubt he would have had any time for those who colluded in cover ups to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Philip Boucher-Hayes just tore Brady a new one on RTÉ.
    Philip Boucher-Hayes

Hardly the most reliable of journalists now is he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Naturally you must de rigeur begin your reply to me with offensive abuse.

Its also clear your unable to debate the reasonable point that I raised.

All reason flies out the window when you are around.

You wouldn't know reason if it came up and slapped ye.

[QUOTE=beebub;5263981]
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post

ffs! Did you watch the programme? The man in question said he was raped and said he watched/ listened as another boy was raped. And this bullsh1t softening of language is pathetic. So 'kiddie fiddling' is ok then? Sure he was only playing with an 11 year old boy's penis and forcing the 11 year old to play with his. What harm?

Did you see the questions Brady put to the boy in the interview? 'Have you done this before with another adult?' 'Did you get an erection?' 'Did seed come from you?' What sort of questions are these to ask a frightened, confused, child who has told you he had been raped?

The catholic church is an inherently evil organisation who ultimate goal is self preservation. And they're still at it. They are completely morally bankrupt.
    And Seán Brady expects us to believe he was merely "taking notes"!!

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment