Register to Comment
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Quote Originally Posted by WellNow View Post
    And what would that involve? Says you, the man who hasn't set foot in a church since last Xmas day?
    I haven't set foot in a church of any flavour for around 10 years, nor a mosque, nor a synagogue either. I have no intention of doing so either.

If you cannot see that the RCC you claim to love will die unless good people take it back then you are a fool. How did it go? Take the beam out of your own eye???
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    I haven't set foot in a church of any flavour for around 10 years, nor a mosque, nor a synagogue either. I have no intention of doing so either.
    Lol. Yet you feel perfectly entitled to opine away on the interweb about how it should be run. Best of luck at that.

Quote Originally Posted by fionnmccool View Post
    More paper shredders than Anglo in Stephens Green
    The difference is that Anglo knew they might be raided.

For some reason there has been reluctance to act as vigorously in investigating the much more serious crimes committed by the agents of the Vatican.

Quote Originally Posted by WellNow View Post
    Lol. Yet you feel perfectly entitled to opine away on the interweb about how it should be run. Best of luck at that.
    It's because he lives in a democracy - and the state has decided that it is up to the state what happens in Ireland.
    The Church is free to leave if it doesn't want to submit to civil authority,

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    It's because he lives in a democracy - and the state has decided that it is up to the state what happens in Ireland.
    The Church is free to leave if it doesn't want to submit to civil authority,
    Exactly.

I'm not so sure a full investigation would be feasible, down to the simple fact we wouldn't have enough Gardaí to adequately carry one out properly. We'd have to setup a quango to manage one...

Quote Originally Posted by Social Conscience View Post
    It’s ok we know when you land in a thread to try and justify the rape of children that there is certainly loads to see here.
    I can't let that go.
    No one is justifying the rape of children.
    Thats constantly thrown at Irish Catholics and it must stop.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmoylantd View Post
    I can't let that go.
    No one is justifying the rape of children.
    Thats constantly thrown at Irish Catholics and it must stop.
    And it will stop as soon as the Catholic church comes clean, opens its files, hands over the rapists for trial and makes meaningful reparations to its victims. instead of relying on taxpayers to stump up a load of cash to bail them out because they blatantly lied about how deep the paedophillia ran in their ranks and how much they knew, whilst still claiming tax relief on all their income.

They go on about truth and honesty but what they preach doesn't apply to them,

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Good catholic people in Ireland - and there are many - need to reclaim their church and make it into what it should be. The story of Jesus overturning the tables in the Temple yard and turning out the money lenders springs to mind here!
    That kind of Christianity was largely dead by the time the Roman Catholics came along in 325AD. If Irish people crave that kind of Christianity they should just go and join the Quakers or the Unitarians. Good Catholics are the ones that follow all the doctrines and dogmas of a Church that has done unspeakable evils down the ages. The less of them the better.

The way it is ,is you are blithering on about a non problem.These institutions are disbanded ,their members for the most part dead or dying,and our modern government is perfectly capable of having children in its care die in its care all by itself.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment