Register to Comment
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

SEX ABUSE SCANDAL: COLAISTE MAY CLOSE, BOSS TELLS RnaG | Donegal Daily

During the interview, Ó Gallachóir was also questioned as to the statement released yesterday which said that the Ardscoil Mhuire building was empty for nine months of the year, when a preschool had in fact been operating there for two years subsequent to Ferry’s conviction in 2002 after he had been placed on the register of sex offenders.

so a creche was operating in the school for 2 years while a convicted sex offender prowled the grounds and even lived in the school the smell from this just gets worse and worse
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by gweedore View Post
    SEX ABUSE SCANDAL: COLAISTE MAY CLOSE, BOSS TELLS RnaG | Donegal Daily

During the interview, Ó Gallachóir was also questioned as to the statement released yesterday which said that the Ardscoil Mhuire building was empty for nine months of the year, when a preschool had in fact been operating there for two years subsequent to Ferry’s conviction in 2002 after he had been placed on the register of sex offenders.

so a creche was operating in the school for 2 years while a convicted sex offender prowled the grounds and even lived in the school the smell from this just gets worse and worse
    This is a nightmare still unfolding.

Well maybe Enda Kenny will eventually get around to enacting legislation for a publicly accessible sex offenders register when he is not too busy grand standing in the Dail.

SEX ABUSE SCANDAL: SECOND PAEDOPHILE IDENTIFIED | Donegal Daily second paedophile suspect

and ferry was an associate of gaoled pervert fr eugene greene SEX ABUSE SCANDAL: PAEDOPHILE VICTIM – ‘I SAW FR GREENE AT ARDSCOIL MHUIRE WITH MICHAEL FERRY’ | Donegal Daily

this website donegal daily .com is putting the traditional media to shame on this story

Parents call for re-investigation of Ferry associate - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

People say they feel they were let down by the DPP over complaints against another man.

I wonder if Greene and Ferry were gay lovers?

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Derek Mulligan, a survivor, tells rte the statement from the college sickens him.
    I find the following story very curious – in the Irish Independent on 20 July:

I sat there every night and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away’

Abuse victim warned boys about the ‘devil’, writes Greg Harkin

SEX abuse victim Derek Mulligan knew what happened to young boys who would dare to enter the old school in Derrybeg, Co Donegal, where he suffered so much at the hands of caretaker Michael Ferry. So, after years of abuse, he returned to Ardscoil Mhuire every evening to stand guard — and to warn other boys to stay away from the “devil” who abused him. …….

Between 2002 and 2010, Derek took it upon himself to protect other boys. Pointing to a small wall where he sat every evening, Derek revealed: “I sat there. I sat there every night I could and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away.

“I did what I could. I knew Ferry was inside. He was sleeping in the place on a blow-up mattress.”
    …..

Did anyone else see Mr. Mulligan sitting there over a period of 8 years?

The link to the Irish Independent story is
    'I sat there every night and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

What this reminds me of is a story about Br Joseph O’Connor, a former head of the Artane Boys Band, against whom allegations were made long after his death. One accuser said that when Brother Joseph was dying in the Mater Hospital, he walked up and down in front of the hospital and then went into the mortuary and lifted the sheet off his body to make sure he was dead. However Brother Joseph O’Connor did NOT die in the Mater Hospital!
    Mary Raftery, Brother Joseph O'Connor

It should be possible to verify (or otherwise) the story about Derek Mulligan sitting outside the old school building on a nightly basis for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbarry1 View Post
    The link to the Irish Independent story is
    'I sat there every night and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

What this reminds me of is a story about Br Joseph O’Connor, a former head of the Artane Boys Band, against whom allegations were made long after his death. One accuser said that when Brother Joseph was dying in the Mater Hospital, he walked up and down in front of the hospital and then went into the mortuary and lifted the sheet off his body to make sure he was dead. However Brother Joseph O’Connor did NOT die in the Mater Hospital!
    Mary Raftery, Brother Joseph O'Connor

It should be possible to verify (or otherwise) the story about Derek Mulligan sitting outside the old school building on a nightly basis for years!
    Why don't you ask the wall? The answer you wouldn't get would be equally relevant to the case.
    You could take the lack of an answer as a no. As, he probably didn't sit there every night, he my have taken a few nights off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbarry1 View Post
    I find the following story very curious – in the Irish Independent on 20 July:

I sat there every night and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away’

Abuse victim warned boys about the ‘devil’, writes Greg Harkin

SEX abuse victim Derek Mulligan knew what happened to young boys who would dare to enter the old school in Derrybeg, Co Donegal, where he suffered so much at the hands of caretaker Michael Ferry. So, after years of abuse, he returned to Ardscoil Mhuire every evening to stand guard — and to warn other boys to stay away from the “devil” who abused him. …….

Between 2002 and 2010, Derek took it upon himself to protect other boys. Pointing to a small wall where he sat every evening, Derek revealed: “I sat there. I sat there every night I could and if any boy came within a yard of the place, I chased them away.

“I did what I could. I knew Ferry was inside. He was sleeping in the place on a blow-up mattress.”
    …..

Did anyone else see Mr. Mulligan sitting there over a period of 8 years?
    i get the feeling you think the boys were active participants Kilbarry. Is that what you are trying to say and if so, do you think young boys lured in with drink and money to have sex with dirty old men is a act they enjoyed?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment