Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Irish immigration and citizenship policy against Genuine Irish families

There is an unwritten rule and policy by the Irish Department of Justice.
    That Bogus Asylum seekers are chancers, criminals, who have abused
    the immigration and asylum system and must be denied any and all
    other paths to residence in Ireland.
    No wriggling around this by getting married or having babies or families or
    any other jigs or reels.

Now the problem is when this rule is used to take away rights and dignity.
    from genuine Irish families who have nothing to do with dodgy bogus asylum seekers.
    Remember the expression, Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Irish Reverse Discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern):
    Marriage to an Irish national does not confer any automatic right to enter to reside in the State solely on that basis.

Now that the self serving John O'Donoghue and Dermot Ahern are gone with bags of
    Irish Citizens cash. Can Irish Citizens have their rights back. Starting with post-nuptial citizenship.
    A nation is judged on how it looks after its own.

The Italian law states that Italian families who have children
    can apply for post-nuptial citizenship for their wife after 18 months.

Can we have a justice system that makes marriage fraud a crime of fraud
    instead of the John O'Donoghue system of taking all rights away, without
    touching the crime or the criminals.
    I am sick to death of hearing the excuse, genuine Irish Citizens rights must
    be denied to combat someone else fraud marriage.
    Last edited by acme; 26th March 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by acme View Post

You might have a point but it's a fact that all of us have to suffer because of the criminals.
    Now, you'd think that this would make people more angry at the criminals, but for some reason people take it out on "the system". If there's a better way of discerning criminals from genuine spouses of Irish citizens, I'm willing to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Johnston View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acme View Post
    You might have a point but it's a fact that all of us have to suffer because of the criminals.
    Now, you'd think that this would make people more angry at the criminals, but for some reason people take it out on "the system". If there's a better way of discerning criminals from genuine spouses of Irish citizens, I'm willing to hear it.
    Interesting take on Justice and Equality.

I believe that their should be a referendum on Immigration & put the issues to the people. Otherwise Politically Correct Pressure groups have too much sway in this debate . Let the Irish People Decide on what Immigration they want & don't want!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom front View Post
    I believe that their should be a referendum on Immigration & put the issues to the people. Otherwise Politically Correct Pressure groups have too much sway in this debate . Let the Irish People Decide on what Immigration they want & don't want!
    The last referendum was taken over with smoke screen about
    the acquisition of Irish citizenship by children born in Ireland

There was however no public discussion or debate about the
    dramatic changes made to our citizenship laws which affect foreign spouses
    of Irish citizens and their entitlement to claim post- nuptial Irish citizenship,
    i.e. Irish citizenship as a result of marriage.

It now means an Irish Emigrant can never get an Irish passport for his wife,
    whereas an Italian Emigrant, can get an Italian passport for his wife.

One notable exception, are employees of the Irish State, who can still get a
    sort of Post Nuptial Citizenship for their family, in that they don’t have to
    comply with any complex resident requirements.
    This means they can automatically apply for an Irish passport after 3 years.

An earlier poster suggested that all Irish families of Irish Emigrants
    must be treated as criminals, deserving no rights.
    This is a serious departure from John O'Donoghue reassurances(or was it lies)
    that he was not trying to attack or put barriers against genuine Irish Families.
    Last edited by acme; 28th March 2011 at 09:44 AM.

Marriage to an Irish national does not confer any automatic right to enter to reside in the State solely on that basis.
    The irony is that marriage to an EU national does "confer an automatic right to enter to reside in the State solely on that basis".

A Latvian, Pole or German can pass on the right to live in Ireland to their husband. An irish citizen cannot.
    Last edited by seabhcan; 28th March 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walrusgumble View Post
    Acme, the referendum was about citizenship as of birth and its changed of laws. It had nothing to do with citizenship as of marriage. There was no smoke screen. Did you even read the amendment proposal?
    The change on citizenship through marriage came in on the same day as the change due to the referendum, and was enacted in the same Act. But I am unsure it was actually enabled by the referendum.

walrusgumble, I promised myself I would not make exchanges with trolls, but for you I make an exception.

here is the reference document, its written by some guy called Alan Shatter
    http://www.gallaghershatter.ie/law_d...ber%202004.pdf

The complex residential requirements applied to post-nuptial citizenship by the
    2001Act as now being amended and which will become effective on the 30th
    November 2005 will be open to challenge as being discriminatory as between foreign
    spouses of public servants and foreign spouses of others in violation of both the
    Constitution and the European Convention on Human Rights. The law will also be
    open to challenge pursuant to European Union laws and rules which envisage the free
    movement of persons within EU member states and which do not countenance any
    penalties being imposed by any member state on an EU national who obtains
    employment or establishes a business in another member State. In this context, the
    validity of a law which denies to the foreign spouse of such Irish citizen an
    entitlement to seek post-nuptial citizenship or which poses a threat of revocation of
    post-nuptial citizenship after it has been obtained is clearly questionable.

if you have access to a library, here are two books, on the subject matter
    of reverse discrimination and EU Law Please read a book... seriously !!!
    Wolf Legal Publisher : Reverse Discrimination and Family Reunification
    Reverse Discrimination in EC Law - 9041127518 - 9789041127518 - Kluwer Law International

Such reverse discrimination against Irish Citizens has been recently created in Ireland.
    Leading to an Irish immigration and citizenship policy which is against Genuine Irish Families.
    And Irish Emigrants Families have been completely left out in the cold.

Justice and Equality has become Orwellian doublespeak.
    Last edited by acme; 29th March 2011 at 03:50 AM.

suppose John O'Donoghue always thought of himself as royalty
    The absolute discretion the Minister will have under section 5 seems to have no regard for natural justice. An appeals procedure is not provided, nor is there a mechanism for the Minister to give any form of explanation, good, bad or indifferent. The Minister will have a type of royal prerogative on these matters.
    The exact wording is
    (2) The Minister may, in his or her absolute discretion, waive the conditions at paragraph if satisfied that the applicant would suffer serious consequences in respect of his or her bodily integrity or liberty if not granted Irish citizenship.
    It requires Brown Envelopes and pull for normal citizens to get the royal prerogative.
    Last edited by acme; 31st March 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment