Register to Comment
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Let them marry and give them EU citzenship, but stipulate that it can be recinded if the marriage fails in the first 10 years.
    It may also be worthwhile to make it a jailing offence for any EU citizen who marries under such false pretences.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by pinemartin View Post
    why did you call these people uninvited? did you get an invitation to go to Australia? I dont understand how your situation is different from theirs. If you have no problem with people who are here legally and the garda are arresting people who are engaging in scam marriages , I would say that you should be satisfied.
    I think you missed my earlier post by 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Parlon View Post
    Occam's razor helps here. Of people who have gained residency as a result regularisation (only becoming legally resident after the fact) by means of asylum or loop holes or both, is it more likley that a) they were invited to do so by the Irish state or b) that they took advantage of those loopholes because Ireland was a better place to live than where they were? ....... Thank you.

The fact that the Gardai are trying to get involved here underlines the problem. The process to control abuse/shamming is missing.
    most of the people that came here came here legally, they did not need to avail of loopholes, they were never illegal.You seem to want to associate them with not being invited or being illegal, your statement saying they were uninvited is an indication of your attitude to immigrants, nothing more. Why don't you just admit it, its pretty obvious.

The legal loopholes for you to get into australia were advantageous to you so that you could live in a place that I presume you think is better than ireland.

most of the people that came here came here legally, they did not need to avail of loopholes, they were never illegal.You seem to want to associate them with not being invited or being illegal, your statement saying they were uninvited is an indication of your attitude to immigrants, nothing more. Why don't you just admit it, its pretty obvious.

The legal loopholes for you to get into australia were advantageous to you so that you could live in a place that I presume you think is better than ireland.
    The reason they didn't come here illegally is because marriage to an EU citizen automatically allows them to live within the EU, thereby removing the need for illegal-travel. It still constitutes a loophole that must be closed. As for your attack on KP's 'attitude to immigrants', it has nothing to do with racism, but to an abuse of process whereby the institution of marriage is being corrupted just as citizenship used to be by the exploitation of loopholes to twist their purposes to one of simply gaining residency in this country. The Left want to close down discussion on immigration-control but unfortunately for them, the writ of the Irish Times and RAR do not run online.

I think you missed my earlier post by 2 minutes.
    im a slow typist.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    The reason they didn't come here illegally is because marriage to an EU citizen automatically allows them to live within the EU, thereby removing the need for illegal-travel. It still constitutes a loophole that must be closed. As for your attack on KP's 'attitude to immigrants', it has nothing to do with racism, but to an abuse of process whereby the institution of marriage is being corrupted just as citizenship used to be by the exploitation of loopholes to twist their purposes to one of simply gaining residency in this country. The Left want to close down discussion on immigration-control but unfortunately for them, the writ of the Irish Times and RAR do not run online.
    but they were here before they were married, this is what the thread is about. marriages in Ireland not people coming here as married couples..

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    Incorrect: marriage to an EU citizen gives th right to move with them to another EU state. It does no confer any righ to reside within the EU per se.

In Ireland the probing and proof requirements come at the stage of requesting permanent residence, which is after 3 years of marriage, or when applying for a marriage visa, as is the case in Australia.

This entire thread is based on a false premise.

Twitter
    @

but they were here before they were married, this is what the thread is about. marriages in Ireland not people coming here as married couples..
    Uh-oh. I got to stop that Hijack right there. That is NOT what this thread is about. It is about .... (again)

1) why isn't it being stopped and 2) doesn't this show that we do not value the right to residency in Ireland and 3) why do you think that is?

Uh-oh. I got to stop that Hijack right there. That is NOT what this thread is about. It is about .... (again)

1) why isn't it being stopped and 2) doesn't this show that we do not value the right to residency in Ireland and 3) why do you think that is?
    We need the refusal of visas for those suspected of conspiracy to marry for the purposes of living in the EU. We need coordination of EU intelligence-sharing for the purposes of ascertaining where this is happening. Clearly, Pakistan and India are the main offender-countries, and the allocation of work-permits to citizens of those country should consequently undergo more thorough scrutiny.

1) Because marriage does not confer on you the right to reside in Ireland.
    2) No it doesn't.
    3) See above.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment