Register to Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree23Likes

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian-right View Post
    The needs of the few...outweigh the needs of the many.

In this case, you are a typical FF voter, looking after yourself and not looking at the bigger picture, what is right for the country.

Shame on you, idiot.
    I'm only expressing the opportunity FF policy gave me to apply for the Civil Service. Obviously I got the job by my own abilities being what was looked for in the recruitment process.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfReason View Post
    As someone whose only career choice in the 1900/2000's was emigration, all I can say Silvio is f'U and your FF delivered pension. My only recommendation is that you get a vasectomy and start putting an end to this FF gene-pool nonsense.
    My pension will be delivered by the State in line with my own contributions and I make no apology for it either...

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Laugh at Silvio all you like.. I don't by the way.. people need to wise up and realise that Silvio is one of around 35/40% of the Irish people who were quite happy to vote FF all their lives up to the election in February.. where they had simply got so bad, that they couldn't support them this time..

But, if FF can bring more people like Sean Gallagher to the fore, then they may make a big comeback in the next decade. Personally, I don't think they will. Not as FF. But a new party, which mirrors FF (and please, a bit more response than the simplistic corrupt, shysters, gombeen men comments)

FF in itself is a toxic brand. But a new "FF lite"... would win 20/25% of the countries FPV very very quickly
    populism lives, lived and will live

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    I'm only expressing the opportunity FF policy gave me to apply for the Civil Service.
    you forgot to mention that FF spared you from compulsory redundancy as well

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Laugh at Silvio all you like.. I don't by the way.. people need to wise up and realise that Silvio is one of around 35/40% of the Irish people who were quite happy to vote FF all their lives up to the election in February.. where they had simply got so bad, that they couldn't support them this time.
    It's far more than 40% though RoC. More like about 96% of the country that are perfectly happy with grubby gombeen parish-pump peronism, cute hoor strokes and scams, a little off the top for yourself. Back-scratching, nepotism, who who know not what you know, shaft the little guy to get ahead. Political parties as football teams or tribes, where actual policy is near irrelevant as long as the sweeties keep on coming. Keep the head down, say nuttin bout nuttin, don't rock the boat, don't be making a show of yourself, don't be embarrassing the family. And if you play the game there'll be one for everyone in the audience. Elected!

It's seeped into our very daily language. Ireland is hopelessly, incurably corrupt. Fianna Fáil were only ever a symptom, a vehicle for the grasping sleveen nature of the bulk of the populace themselves. The FF party might die but the FF culture and way of doing things is as strong as ever and runs throughout every other party too. Because, whether we like it or not, that is the character of the people themselves.

No more than a tiny minority - really, maybe 3 or 4% - have learned a damn thing from the last 15 years. 96% would rush out in the morning and do it all over again, be just as unapologetic about it, and would be just as arrogantly dismissive of those attempting to warn of the inevitable trainwreck ahead.

Fighting against corruption, gombeenery and sleveenery is a fight that cannot be won because you are fighting against the fundamental nature of the people themselves. We don't want to admit this about our friends and family and people we grew up with all our lives but it's true. There are very few people in Ireland who wouldn't sell their mothers for a fiver, if it was in their interests to do so.

People of a certain age will remember the 1980s film War Games...The only winning strategy is not to play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    I've voted FF all my adult life. T'was as natural as breathing air. They were the only choice for me as my working life was provided with many options in the 1990's/2000's. It was thanks to FF policy I got the opportunity to get my job in the Civil Service.

I have alot to be thankful to FF for to be honest.

However after the shambolic events of thelast few years my vote went on loan to a Lab/Shinner combination.

I feel comfortable voting for Sean whose given his time to local political activism, something FF people up and down the country have done willingly for the greater good.

However thats not the monopoly to FF people. Fok from all parties and none identify with his no nonsense style and presentation. He's genuine and enthusiastic.

As a genepool FFer I can only hope the we can get rid of the likes of Martin and O'Cuiv and rise again with people of sean's calibre can re-ignite the party and the country...
    Why would a people who are being electrified want to be ignited?

Surely Enda is fulfilling all your dreams as he promised he would!

It seems that the guilty ones are attempting to absolve themselves of their guilt, by blaming the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthsback View Post
    Oggy you will be rewarded for manning the trenches when the others had run away, LEGEND
    Thats the whole FF ethos in one sentence. This is what this corrupt party has always stood for.

I'll still be voting for Seanie but he pit is foot in it tonight. All the muppet had to do was deny, deny, deny...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment