Register to Comment
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

He would have turned the Aras into an on-trah-prahn-hoor-house ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    He was more of a racing certainty for the Aras than even Kerry were for the five in a row back in the day.
    Were it not for a famous tweet and that panel interview, we would undoubtedly have been subjected to President Sean Gallagher for 7 years and as FFGLAB wouldn't want to waste money on a presidential election, 7 more years as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...sean-gallagher

Would his presidency have made a jot a difference?
    Well the optics at the team presentations to the President at rugby matches would be any way!
    And I doubt he would be jollying around the globe as much as the current incumbent 'intellectual'!
    He may have reffered more bills for scrutiny by the council of state and supreme court before signing as Mickey said he would be reluctant to do so as once the supreme court approves in that situation they are copper fastened forever wrt to challenge in an Irish Court.
    I doubt he would have eulogised Castro!
    Gallagher would have been crap - he may have reffered more bills for scrutiny - yeah right!

IMHO he would have been an absolute disaster.

Whats stopping him starting a new campaign

Quote Originally Posted by fat finger View Post
    It would have been better to cancel the presidency than put Gallagher in the Aras, nothing about the man made him suitable for the role, as taxpayers we had a lucky escape on that one, Michael D was the right choice
    I agree that Michael D was the right choice. I think he has been an excellent President, and a popular choice--he got a large vote

But as I posted here in 2011, Gallagher would have been fine too, in what is really a ceremonial role

The limits of his office, its protocols and powers, would have been explained to him.

The office itself would have conferred a certain gravitas, and everyone--the media, the government, his officials--would treat the office and its holder with the usual respect and would have emphasised the positives and worked to smooth away any difficulties

Gallagher would have been protected from too much scrutiny, he would have been shown the ropes, kept away from any potential landmines...... Flattering photos of his attractive wife would have appeared in glossy magazines along with the usual sycophantic interviews

Gallagher would have been fine. Once elected, it would have been in everyone's interest to see that he did well

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    He was more of a racing certainty for the Aras than even Kerry were for the five in a row back in the day.
    Were it not for a famous tweet and that panel interview, we would undoubtedly have been subjected to President Sean Gallagher for 7 years and as FFGLAB wouldn't want to waste money on a presidential election, 7 more years as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...sean-gallagher

Would his presidency have made a jot a difference?
    Well the optics at the team presentations to the President at rugby matches would be any way!
    And I doubt he would be jollying around the globe as much as the current incumbent 'intellectual'!
    He may have reffered more bills for scrutiny by the council of state and supreme court before signing as Mickey said he would be reluctant to do so as once the supreme court approves in that situation they are copper fastened forever wrt to challenge in an Irish Court.
    I doubt he would have eulogised Castro!
    He definitely would have made a difference to his bank account, that would be about the height of a SG Presidency.

Gallagher would have further dis-credited the office.

And also just look at the state of him, he's a classless brute with no style or personnality.

I rather have the hobbit.

Still cant believe that FG didn`t run Mairead McGuinness.

She would have won easily and have been a fantastic President.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Still cant believe that FG didn`t run Mairead McGuinness.
    She still had a career ahead of her and was too sensible to run.

It still brings tears to my eyes the Morning Ireland interview the day after the night before.

What was that ladies name that stuck it to him ? Glenna ?

Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    Gallagher would have been fine. Once elected, it would have been in everyone's interest to see that he did well
    Some people made that assumption about Donald Trump too.

The bagman would have disgraced the office and embarrased all but the most hard nosed FFailures.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment