Register to Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree40Likes

There was an Irish joke at the time, but you need to understand Irish rural lingo to get it.

Keeler decided to visit a relation in rural Ireland to get away from it all. She went for a walk alone. She heard "Go on, go back, woe, Giddy up" by a man in a field. Staring through the hedge she spied a fine Irish man ploughing with a pair of horses. As he reached the end (field ploughed), he uncoupled the horses, grabbed the plough and flung it across the hedge into the next field. She was impressed and introduced herself saying "I'm the greatest whore in England".

He shouts back in an angry voice, "I'm the greatest hoor in Ireland, I'm after ploughing the wrong field. "
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    Thanks, when I saw the film I really had known little about the whole thing but from what I later learned it did seem accurate. That said, it was a long time ago so we have to see the film again.

The movie had John Hurt as Stephen Ward and Hildar Ogden had a role too.
    McKellen played Profumo
    Jean Alexander played Keeler's mum.
    Bridget Fonda was MRD in movie hi profile actress what happened to her?
    Joanne Whalley used a body double despite being in some raunchy ITV drama a short time before. I think trying to go to US?
    I don't think it's ever been released as DVD.

The wonderful Dusty Springfield sang "Nothing Has Been Proved", written by the Pet Shop Boys as part of the soundtrack to Scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by kimari View Post
    Wasnt there an outcry over two of the extra s in an orgy scene in it actually having sex
    I did not hear that but they certainly portrayed the British establishment as hypocritical degenerates. Crusty and posh in public but indulging in all kinds of debauchery in private. Orgies, whores, drugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    The wonderful Dusty Springfield sang "Nothing Has Been Proved", written by the Pet Shop Boys as part of the soundtrack to Scandal.
    and continuing the musical vein, roland gift from fine young cannibals played keelers boyfriend who fired the shots at the house which led to the whole thing falling apart.

A very sexy woman in her younger days. I wonder how much a night would have cost.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    I did not hear that but they certainly portrayed the British establishment as hypocritical degenerates. Crusty and posh in public but indulging in all kinds of debauchery in private. Orgies, whores, drugs etc.
    seeming the couple on the piano at the orgy were actually going for it

Quote Originally Posted by kimari View Post
    seeming the couple on the piano at the orgy were actually going for it
    Wow. Have you seen Eyes Wide Shut. Some fairly convincing simulation there as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment