Register to Comment
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 172 of 172
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #171
    making waves making waves is offline
    making waves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,017

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Winston S. Churchill
    The World Crisis, Volume five.
    As yes - Churchill - the man who ordered civilians be bombed with poison gas during the Russian Civil War.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #172
    IvoShandor IvoShandor is online now
    IvoShandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,025
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    You toss out some names...
    Some names! Only the founding head of the Cheka, his successor and his successor as heads of the OGPU: three of the most powerful and influential men in the country. I'd have assumed instant familiarity on your part of these people. If you were unaware of who they were...well, that speaks for itself!

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    ...and ignore the fact that the powerbase built by the Stalinists within the Communist Party was based on old Tsarist administrators, NEPmen and elements of the wealthier peasantry. The face that the Stalinists included some old Bolsheviks does not negate this point - most of the leadership of the Bolshevik Party in 1917 were in opposition to the Stalinists and were 'liquidated'
    That is an assertion, nothing more. What foundation exists for it?
    Meanwhile some more friends of Stalin:Budenny, Mikoyan, Voroshilov, Ordzhonikidze. More Tsarists, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Where have I ever argued that Trotsky did not implement repression - during the civil war and in response to White Terror. Trotsky opposed blah blah blah...bureaucracy.
    We've been over this before. I'm not wasting my time repeating myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    And you are at the same stuff here again - creating paper castles to knock down -
    1. I never argued that the Black Hundreds were in a position to or capable of attaining power - I claimed that the Black Hundreds were a fascist party that had a pre-WW1 existence.
    I never said a word about the Black Hundreds attaining power. Now I see you're brazenly lying about things that I said which is blatantly stupid as I can easily quote your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    . I never made any claim for Payne about the Black Hundreds - the reference to Payne was to refute your allegation that fascism was a post-WW1 phenomenon - Payne clearly outlines that fascist ideology emerged in the 1880s and the first fascist organisations emerged before the turn of the century.
    Are you a complete imbecile? I have read Payne, He says no such thing. Show me the quotation (Good luck with that!) What he did say was this...."Russia before 1914 was too underdeveloped to harbor all the stimuli and forces which would soon bring fascism to life in central Europe. (quoting from, Laqeuer 'Black Hundred') "Though it was moving in the direction of Fascism , the URP was as yet very far from reaching this indistinct goal".
    Are you suffering from dementia. I quoted this one page back!

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Now - if you want to continue this debate I suggest that you do it in an honest fashion rather than constantly attempting to refute claims that I never made.
    Claims like....
    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    The Black Hundreds were the fascist party in Russia dating from the 19th century - and they had representatives in the Tsarist Duma.
    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Fascism in Russia dates to the 1890s.
    And finally...
    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    The Black Hundreds were a fascist party.....As for providing evidence....Stanley Payne, A History of Fascism, (London, 1995)
    So. You brought up Payne's book and yet the only quotation relating to the Black Hundreds from it does not support-it contradicts it, in fact-your assertion. Your use of materials shows either senility, stupidity or delusion. If this is the way you work I think we can take it as read that every reference you have made or are making is either a complete misrepresentation or a complete lie. Of course, you dug yourself into this hole as you never imagined that I could access a copy of Payne's book and thought you could go on your merry way lying about the contents of books that you claim to be referencing. Of course,there are other books on Fascism. None of them (Arendt, Nolte to name two) support your eccentric notion.

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for some far-right nutjob to regurgitate this urban myth.
    So you have evidence to the contrary, I take it?

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    As yes - Churchill - the man who ordered civilians be bombed with poison gas during the Russian Civil War.
    Ah. "Ad Hominem" which, as everybody knows, doesn't invalidate the point.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/o...man-agent.html
    " The evidence assembled by Kerensky’s justice department, much of which has only recently been rediscovered in the Russian archives, was damning. No matter Lenin’s real intentions, it is undeniable that he received German logistical and financial support in 1917, and that his actions, from antiwar agitation in the Russian armies to his request for an unconditional cease-fire, served the interests of Russia’s wartime enemy in Berlin".
    We look forward to historians making use of these documents with bated breath.
    Last edited by IvoShandor; 13th December 2017 at 01:44 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment