Register to Comment
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    Another feature of a lot of Vietnam films is the showing of massacres by the US soldiers. I have not seen any WW2 film where this happens.
    Remember the scene in "Platoon" where the platoon destroys the Viet cong village in retaliation for a booby trap killing.
    The infighting show in "Full metal Jacket". Similar to the scenes from "Cross of Iron".
    A WW2 film I really enjoyed was - Where Eagles dare. The scenery was just breath taking. Also as has been stated the beach scenes in "Saving Private Ryan" were great.
    Were there not scenes in 'Saving Private Ryan', of German soldiers being taken out and summarily shot?
    I think we can be certain to that atrocities were committed by all protagonists in WW2!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Were there not scenes in 'Saving Private Ryan', of German soldiers being taken out and summarily shot?
    I think we can be certain to that atrocities were committed by all protagonists in WW2!
    Those two lads were Czechs forced to fight for the Germans.

"What did he say?"

"Look! I washed for supper!"

*cackle*

The allies did commit atrocities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied...g_World_War_II

I see that Dunkirk has upset the brigades of feminazis/SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Iirc, the 'twist' (that's not the word I'm looking for!) in SPR was that TH's character wouldn't let his subordinates execute a Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoShandor View Post
    Nothing on the scale of germany and Japan (obviously) but I've heard that Patton turned a blind eye to the Biscari massacre in Sicily.
    The killing of SS guards by the American soldiers who liberated Dachau has been represented on film, notably in the film Shutter Island.
    Yes, as you rightly say, "nothing on the scale of Germany and Japan". The fact is that the armed forces of both those countries regularly committed massacres of prisoners and civilians, as a deliberate policy and with the full knowledge of their respective High Commands. This is nowhere near to the situation in the Western Allied forces where such behaviour was a rarity and usually due to a local breakdown in discipline rather than acting on orders.

I asked that particular question of redneck, "Which massacres by Allied troops in WW2 , and of whom, would you particularly like to see portrayed?" because he seems to be under the impression that such behaviour was normal and commonplace across all armies and combatants in WW2, when it manifestly wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtharper View Post
    Yes, as you rightly say, "nothing on the scale of Germany and Japan". The fact is that the armed forces of both those countries regularly committed massacres of prisoners and civilians, as a deliberate policy and with the full knowledge of their respective High Commands. This is nowhere near to the situation in the Western Allied forces where such behaviour was a rarity and usually due to a local breakdown in discipline rather than acting on orders.

I asked that particular question of redneck, "Which massacres by Allied troops in WW2 , and of whom, would you particularly like to see portrayed?" because he seems to be under the impression that such behaviour was normal and commonplace across all armies and combatants in WW2, when it manifestly wasn't.
    The Allied soldiers were and are brave men. It was a difficult and dangerous conflict. That said the bulk of the fighting in Europe in WW2 took place on the Eastern front, not in France. Hitler's army was stopped in Russia. There was massacres and atrocities on the Eastern front in particular. By both armies.
    A film showing this is "Enemy at the Gates": Stalingrad.

Also the reprisals by the victorious Allied armies were terrible. The forced expulsion of 6 million ethnic Germans from eastern europe for example. And the wholescale rape and looting by the Red Army in particular were not nice at all.
    That said Hitler should have thought of all this before he started the war.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    Iirc, the 'twist' (that's not the word I'm looking for!) in SPR was that TH's character wouldn't let his subordinates execute a Jerry.
    who ends up eventually shooting the captain in the end

Quote Originally Posted by IvoShandor View Post
    The Bridge-also 1959.
    couldnt find it to download but its on Youtube, interesting film, you certiainly felt for the kids at the end

Even the world of children's fiction is not safe from WW2 propaganda courtesy of the zionist J K Rowling.

J K Rowling reveals there will be five Fantastic Beasts films

It’s the story of the Global Wizarding War – which stretched from the Twenties to 1945, and has intentional parallels with the non-magical Second World War happening simultaneously in the Muggle world. It’s essentially J K Rowling’s magical Nazi story.
    I never liked what this writer did to the genre of fantasy anyway - but even in the realm of total escapism that is high fantasy the Nazi parable of good v evil is introduced. This is i believe political, a political decision.

Grindelwald’s appropriation of ancient symbols to a violent supremacist cause, his familiar-sounding fortress-then-prison Nurmengard, and strong belief in the supremacy of one race of humanity over others for a kind of “greater good” all suggest equivalences with the rise of Nazi Germany
    Awh bless you. Get their little minds while they are young.

Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    Even the world of children's fiction is not safe from WW2 propaganda courtesy of the zionist J K Rowling.

I never liked what this writer did to the genre of fantasy anyway - but even in the realm of total escapism that is high fantasy the Nazi parable of good v evil is introduced. This is i believe political, a political decision.
    You have way too much time on your hands.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment