Register to Comment
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Sign in or Register Now to reply

Most Hippies(real ones) who are still alive are practically vegetables.

The long term effects of their drug use has ruined the quality of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    As a complete aside, that song makes me think of my Grandad. He died in May 1967, Mom remembers hearing it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    As a complete aside, that song makes me think of my Grandad. He died in May 1967, Mom remembers hearing it at the time.

There still is hippies they are in the green party.
    Last edited by razorblade; 18th June 2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Rots in his younger guise set up a quasi Hippie enterprise back in the mists of a different Ireland. Needless to say it had a short life span, but perhaps future generations of Idealistic Irish youth will revive the Tie-dye lifestyle..
    Eagle when she was a little bitty-baby on the North Coast of Antrim had her tiny mind blown by beautiful grown ups from Belfast and deh place down South where they talk odd who camped out in my fathers fields and played the guitar and and sang songs and gathered bluebells when we still had them and taught me Yeats "Away with us, hes going the stolen child" and propped me on a disused Bushmills whiskey barrel to recite it, and then Mum said "You re giving that girl notions and she has enough of them already."

Happy days.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Eagle when she was a little bitty-baby on the North Coast of Antrim had her tiny mind blown by beautiful grown ups from Belfast and deh place down South where they talk odd who camped out in my fathers fields and played the guitar and and sang songs and gathered bluebells when we still had them and taught me Yeats "Away with us, hes going the stolen child" and propped me on a disused Bushmills whiskey barrel to recite it, and then Mum said "You re giving that girl notions and she has enough of them already."

Happy days.
    Glad your recollections are happy comrade. Rots venture was more in the line of derelict farmhouse and skeptical locals ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    Between that, San Francisco, & the Mamas and the Papas you have it sounding precisely like a certain soundtrack!

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    If you come to San Fran be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.... me hole. You're going to meet some gentle people there.. yeah right. San Fran is a city that has turned into a place that doesn't want anybody who isn't loaded, not with drugs but money. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Glad your recollections are happy comrade. Rots venture was more in the line of derelict farmhouse and skeptical locals ...
    We lived in a derelict farmhouse, surrounded by sceptical locals - as did everyone else in the Glens.

Whatchoo you talkin' about, Willis?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment