Register to Comment
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102
Like Tree71Likes
  1. #11
    PeaceGoalie PeaceGoalie is online now
    PeaceGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,084

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    PBP voter PBP voter is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,179

    Most Hippies(real ones) who are still alive are practically vegetables.

    The long term effects of their drug use has ruined the quality of their lives.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    Bea C Bea C is offline
    Bea C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,176

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    As a complete aside, that song makes me think of my Grandad. He died in May 1967, Mom remembers hearing it at the time.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    PeaceGoalie PeaceGoalie is online now
    PeaceGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,084

    Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    As a complete aside, that song makes me think of my Grandad. He died in May 1967, Mom remembers hearing it at the time.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    razorblade razorblade is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,614

    There still is hippies they are in the green party.
    Last edited by razorblade; 18th June 2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55,711

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Rots in his younger guise set up a quasi Hippie enterprise back in the mists of a different Ireland. Needless to say it had a short life span, but perhaps future generations of Idealistic Irish youth will revive the Tie-dye lifestyle..
    Eagle when she was a little bitty-baby on the North Coast of Antrim had her tiny mind blown by beautiful grown ups from Belfast and deh place down South where they talk odd who camped out in my fathers fields and played the guitar and and sang songs and gathered bluebells when we still had them and taught me Yeats "Away with us, hes going the stolen child" and propped me on a disused Bushmills whiskey barrel to recite it, and then Mum said "You re giving that girl notions and she has enough of them already."

    Happy days.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) is online now
    Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,689
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Eagle when she was a little bitty-baby on the North Coast of Antrim had her tiny mind blown by beautiful grown ups from Belfast and deh place down South where they talk odd who camped out in my fathers fields and played the guitar and and sang songs and gathered bluebells when we still had them and taught me Yeats "Away with us, hes going the stolen child" and propped me on a disused Bushmills whiskey barrel to recite it, and then Mum said "You re giving that girl notions and she has enough of them already."

    Happy days.
    Glad your recollections are happy comrade. Rots venture was more in the line of derelict farmhouse and skeptical locals ...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Bea C Bea C is offline
    Bea C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,176

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    Between that, San Francisco, & the Mamas and the Papas you have it sounding precisely like a certain soundtrack!

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    effer effer is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,065

    Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    As a complete aside, that song makes me think of my Grandad. He died in May 1967, Mom remembers hearing it at the time.
    If you come to San Fran be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.... me hole. You're going to meet some gentle people there.. yeah right. San Fran is a city that has turned into a place that doesn't want anybody who isn't loaded, not with drugs but money. Sad but true.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55,711

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Glad your recollections are happy comrade. Rots venture was more in the line of derelict farmhouse and skeptical locals ...
    We lived in a derelict farmhouse, surrounded by sceptical locals - as did everyone else in the Glens.

    Whatchoo you talkin' about, Willis?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment