Register to Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

White Tiger: Final scene

White Tiger is a well made Russian film based on a mythical German tank that appears and disappears and wreaks havoc on their Russian adversaries. Fantasy is not really my bag but this is well made and interesting to an extent.

The thing that really caught my interest was the final scene in which 'Hitler' states:

Europe has been routed. Germany will be blamed for all mortal sins. Germans will be the scapegoat for everything. Thousands of books will be written. Thousands of ridiculous documents will be found. Hundreds of memories will be thought up. Germany, and I, will be brought before the world like unprecedented monsters of humanity, like devils incarnate!

So a quite radical and revisionist statement which took me by surprise I must say. And this from a Russian crew brought up on tales of the Patriotic war.

Very interesting indeed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tiger_(2012_film)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    White Tiger is a well made Russian film based on a mythical German tank that appears and disappears and wreaks havoc on their Russian adversaries. Fantasy is not really my bag but this is well made and interesting to an extent.

The thing that really caught my interest was the final scene in which 'Hitler' states:

Europe has been routed. Germany will be blamed for all mortal sins. Germans will be the scapegoat for everything. Thousands of books will be written. Thousands of ridiculous documents will be found. Hundreds of memories will be thought up. Germany, and I, will be brought before the world like unprecedented monsters of humanity, like devils incarnate!

So a quite radical and revisionist statement which took me by surprise I must say. And this from a Russian crew brought up on tales of the Patriotic war.

Very interesting indeed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tiger_(2012_film)
    The Russians are much freer to tell the truth than any Western European is. They know that it was their blood that defeated Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    The Russians are much freer to tell the truth than any Western European is. They know that it was their blood that defeated Germany.
    No they aren't Putin has police state and journalists die mysteriously

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    Russia is sandwiched between Pakistan and Tajikistan, and close to the bottom, on the freedom of press global list.

I wish people would stop getting their history from films. Thats where you learn that William Wallace had a hot and heavy affair with the wife of the English King, whom not only did he never meet, would have been six years old at the time of their "encounter", that Harry Boland died in a sewer instead of his bed at a hotel, and that dozens of French aristocrats were rescued from the guillotine by the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    I wish people would stop getting their history from films. Thats where you learn that William Wallace had a hot and heavy affair with the wife of the English King, whom not only did he never meet, would have been six years old at the time of their "encounter", that Harry Boland died in a sewer instead of his bed at a hotel, and that dozens of French aristocrats were rescued from the guillotine by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Is YouTube OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Is YouTube OK?
    Yup, it was invented by JK Rowling. Shes a multi-tasker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Russia is sandwiched between Pakistan and Tajikistan, and close to the bottom, on the freedom of press global list.
    And who compiles that list?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    No they aren't Putin has police state and journalists die mysteriously
    And 90 year old grannies go to prison in Germany for having Verboten thoughts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment