Register to Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dearghoul View Post
    Don't know Johann.

Sergei Eisenstein still rocks my boat anyway.

I remember a scene of Kerensky looking a bit deranged and reaching for the Czar's crown at the Kremlin.

How many times we've seen that since.

And then theres Tarkoskvy, Aah.

A great Soviet war movie is 'Come and See' I think
    Well if you start off with the cream, where you gonna go after that?

'Come and See' remains, I think, the only physically shocking movie I ever saw in my life. I mean you knew it all from books etc - but that is one heavy, heavy trip!

I doubt Rashers has ever seen it - he'd rate it as fantasy, which he reckons he's not into.

It's from Belarus, isn't it?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    How come your post makes more sense than the one it's a reply to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Journalists.
    The Republic of Ireland according to journalists has one of the freest medias in the world but if you actually examine it is one with one of the most limited spectrums of accepted opinion within it and nearly always acts as a mouth piece for the establishment. Putin did reign in the wilder elements of the oligarch own media which in my view needed to be done but that doesn't negate the fact that you find a far greater spectrum of thought and what is more important depth of thought in the Russian Federation than you do in the ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    They really are not. The Nazis from a short but devastating period of German history are.

The Germany of today is an excellent example of a modern, well adjusted & economically successful country - it has experienced a level of success under democracy that your beloved Nazis could never have delivered
    The Germans prior to Hitler coming to power where a tremendously creative people. Now they are neurotic wrecks living in a glided cage. Whatever they are, they are not well adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    The Germans prior to Hitler coming to power where a tremendously creative people. Now they are neurotic wrecks living in a glided cage. Whatever they are, they are not well adjusted.
    Having spent two long stints of my working life in Germany I have to say, that is a complete load of rubbish.

You need to travel more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Well if you start off with the cream, where you gonna go after that?

'Come and See' remains, I think, the only physically shocking movie I ever saw in my life. I mean you knew it all from books etc - but that is one heavy, heavy trip!

I doubt Rashers has ever seen it - he'd rate it as fantasy, which he reckons he's not into.

It's from Belarus, isn't it?
    Eh, it's a film, so obviously it is fantasy.

It's also a 1985 Soviet 'Patriotic war' film bent on excusing the Soviets and Allies of atrocities and blaming everything on the Germans.

Prime holocaust industry pap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    How come your post makes more sense than the one it's a reply to?
    Like your posts it's empty and soulless.

When you got nothing you got nothing

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Having spent two long stints of my working life in Germany I have to say, that is a complete load of rubbish.

You need to travel more.
    Were you part of the occupation army?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    One of your more thoughtful posts. Stay away from words a chara, they let you down every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    One of your more thoughtful posts. Stay away from words a chara, they let you down every time.
    There's a lesson there for you Tadhg - the old one about how it's better to say nothing, and have people claim you're a fool, than to open your mouth and prove their case for them.

I would have thought that would have particular relevance to your silly self.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment