Register to Comment
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    The OP was just saying it was the anniversary which is hardly boiling over with bitterness. It was Cruimh who brought hatred to this thread. It is sad that mature and rational discussion of the Troubles on both sides of the border and both sides of the low intensity war still seems as far away as ever.
    Listen to Strawberry, and his attitude with respect to this conflict. Not just on this thread but elsewhere on countless other threads. Even observe the projection that he engages in, onto other conflicts. - He is far away from mature and rational. He is an immature, idiot jingoist, who takes every opportunity to sow seeds of division and sectarianism. It is quite obvious what this thread is really about.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by roc_ View Post
    And still today, it continues to be wielded by complete morons like Strawberry to try and increase hostility towards communities living in Northern Ireland and exacerbate sectarian tension and conflict.

Yes, I say that as an Irishman. - There is wisdom in what I quoted at the top of this page.
    Oh honestly roc_ I have been chatting with Strawberry for ages of ages now in the Nordie forum where she has been along with now sadly departed from us SwordsHoopster a voice of moderation and sanity. You gotten the completely wrong end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Oh honestly roc_ I have been chatting with Strawberry for ages of ages now in the Nordie forum where she has been along with now sadly departed from us SwordsHoopster a voice of moderation and sanity. You gotten the completely wrong end of the stick.
    So she even gets the famous "Ratio Et Fides stamp of moderation and sanity". I have a list of those now. Most now banned from this forum, thank god.

Listen to Strawberry, and his attitude with respect to this conflict. Not just on this thread but elsewhere on countless other threads. Even observe the projection that he engages in, onto other conflicts. - He is far away from mature and rational. He is an immature, idiot jingoist, who takes every opportunity to sow seeds of division and sectarianism. It is quite obvious what this thread is really about.
    Strawberry is a she and she lives in Donegal so she isn't far away from Norn Iron at all. She always supports the Zionist colonial project so I really don't understand your beef with her. I mean I can understand your attitude to Rashers but honestly....Maybe you are getting her confused with someone else? She is one of the most grounded people here and let us face the facts Politics forums on the internet don't attract grounded people (in real life I'm grounded enough but I do have day dreams of being a Byzantine Empress and that side of me often comes to the fore when I post her).

So she even gets the famous "Ratio Et Fides stamp of moderation and sanity". I have a list of those now. Most now banned from this forum, thank god.
    I never said Taidgh had any moderation- quite the reverse actually.

It is not moderate to accuse people of being a "traitor to your country" when they try to point to the heart of a dynamic that perpetuates conflict. (That clearly does, no doubt whatsoever about it). I may have confused Strawberry with others a little, but as to her jingoism, and willful self delusion as to what her kind of talk does for this country, I am not confused. You know I would like to see her start some threads commemorating say the Battle of the Boyne and giving us some positive commentary on the Orange parades running that week. Or commemorating their dead. - The healing quality of what that would contribute to this country, and the quality of life in this country, and the atmosphere of this country, would lie in stark contrast to what she tends to normally gravitate towards. Less of the Strawberrys in this country, please. At least of those attitudes.

It is not moderate to accuse people of being a "traitor to your country" when they try to point to the heart of a dynamic that perpetuates conflict. (That clearly does, no doubt whatsoever about it). I may have confused Strawberry with others a little, but as to her jingoism, and willful ignorance as to what her kind of talk does for this country, I am not confused. You know I would like to see her start some threads commemorating say the Battle of the Boyne and giving us some positive commentary on the Orange parades running that week. - The healing quality of what that would contribute to this country, and the quality of life in this country, and the atmosphere of this country, would lie in stark contrast to what she tends to normally gravitate towards. Less of the Strawberrys in this country, please. At least of those attitudes.
    Have you anything to say about the massacre of Irish Catholic civil rights marchers?

It is not moderate to accuse people of being a "traitor to your country" when they try to point to the heart of a dynamic that perpetuates conflict. (That clearly does, no doubt whatsoever about it). I may have confused Strawberry with others a little, but as to her jingoism, and willful self delusion as to what her kind of talk does for this country, I am not confused. You know I would like to see her start some threads commemorating say the Battle of the Boyne and giving us some positive commentary on the Orange parades running that week. Or commemorating their dead. - The healing quality of what that would contribute to this country, and the quality of life in this country, and the atmosphere of this country, would lie in stark contrast to what she tends to normally gravitate towards. Less of the Strawberrys in this country, please. At least of those attitudes.
    If you'd like to start a thread on the battle of the boyne or on orange parades, there's nobody stopping you.
    This thread is about Bloody Sunday.
    Your contributions so far have been attacks on the OP, you aren't forced to comment here.
    Cold blooded murder carried out by brit state forces in Ireland is a worthy topic, you may not think that state forces murdering civilians is important, a lot do.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Have you anything to say about the massacre of Irish Catholic civil rights marchers?
    FFS.

I already said in post #19, "... Who does not know it was a heinous atrocity. Who does not lament the innocent killed...".

So I'll say something else, about your so called "patriotism", and how you invoke it to try and proscribe dissent. How you use it to try and wield a moral and emotional blackmail whereby everyone who tries to offer some criticism of your "patriotic" shibboleths are portrayed as "traitors".

- This is certainly not my kind of patriotism. For a start I would never try to invoke it to try and reinforce some position such as yours. Simply my patriotism is a devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which I believe to be the best in the world, and which I would never have any wish to force on other people.

I do have contempt for your kind of patriotism and particularly how you try to wield it to stoke sectarian undercurrents in those who may be susceptible to it. How you try to keep alive and awake the old resentments. So that's what I have to say about it. Now, I'll leave you all to it.

The friends of Israel are here to píss on graves I see.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment