Register to Comment
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

For anyone with an interest in Bloody Sunday, could you have a look at this. It's a link to another topic I'm involved in about Israel, so many of you probably won't see what's being said in that thread. Anyway here's the link to the page.
    Israeli lebensraum and ethnic cleansing continues unabated

Basically the person I'm debating with is trying to equate the victims of Bloody Sunday with palestinian stone throwers. Now in the report of 2010 it concludes "The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury." palestinian rock throwers, on the other hand, I claim, are trying to cause death or serious injury (and have done so in the past). The person I'm debating with is claiming these victims of Bloody Sunday were not innocent and were attacking the troops. I was under the impression the victims of Bloody Sunday were innocent
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    For anyone with an interest in Bloody Sunday, could you have a look at this. It's a link to another topic I'm involved in about Israel, so many of you probably won't see what's being said in that thread. Anyway here's the link to the page.

Basically the person I'm debating with is trying to equate the victims of Bloody Sunday with palestinian stone throwers. Now in the report of 2010 it concludes "The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury." palestinian rock throwers, on the other hand, I claim, are trying to cause death or serious injury (and have done so in the past). The person I'm debating with is claiming these victims of Bloody Sunday were not innocent and were attacking the troops. I was under the impression the victims of Bloody Sunday were innocent
    Are you using the question...is throwing stones at an army of armed soldiers with military armoured vehicles considered 'posing a threat?'

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Are you using the question...is throwing stones at an army of armed soldiers with military armoured vehicles considered 'posing a threat?'
    No, I didn't introduce Bloody Sunday into the debate at all

No, I didn't introduce Bloody Sunday into the debate at all

Sorry, need the glasses checked. I thought you said this... "palestinian rock throwers, on the other hand, I claim, are trying to cause death"

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Sorry, need the glasses checked. I thought you said this... "palestinian rock throwers, on the other hand, I claim, are trying to cause death"
    Yes, they are. And they have

Yes, they are. And they have
    Fairly desperate to find justification for IDF actions, aren't you?

Throwing rocks does not warrant a live bullet. There is no reasonable army on earth that would officially approve of such action, including the IDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    Throwing rocks does not warrant a live bullet. There is no reasonable army on earth that would officially approve of such action, including the IDF.
    Oh I'm not so sure. In war it's allowed to respond to rifle fire with tank fire. Under the rules you don't have to respond with the same rifle fire. So what do you think is a reasonable and realistic response to people who are trying to kill and injure by throwing rocks? Surely you don't expect the IDF to respond by throwing rocks too, as that would be illegal.

But this is not what i want to get into here. I've actually bumped this thread to allow people with an interest in Bloody Sunday to respond to the claims made that the victims of Bloody Sunday were not actually innocent victims, despite what the report of 2010 said

It is simple the Jews and the rest who lived on the land are the same. Treating the jews as somehow special is sectarian.

Oh I'm not so sure. In war it's allowed to respond to rifle fire with tank fire. Under the rules you don't have to respond with the same rifle fire. So what do you think is a reasonable and realistic response to people who are trying to kill and injure by throwing rocks? Surely you don't expect the IDF to respond by throwing rocks too, as that would be illegal.

But this is not what i want to get into here. I've actually bumped this thread to allow people with an interest in Bloody Sunday to respond to the claims made that the victims of Bloody Sunday were not actually innocent victims, despite what the report of 2010 said
    Sorry, where will I find these 'rules?'

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment