Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The truth about Anne Boleyn

Any history buffs out their that know the truth about the (supposed) execution of Anne Boleyn. The accepted historical record would appear to be incorrect. I'll post what I have learned if there is a genuine interest.

I won't hold my breath.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

coles:
    "Any history buffs out their that know the truth about the (supposed) execution of Anne Boleyn. The accepted historical record would appear to be incorrect. I'll post what I have learned if there is a genuine interest."

You mean you have information that she's still alive?

Yes go on.....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey
    You mean you have information that she is still alive?

No, I'm fairly sure she's dead. But local lore tells an interesting tale.

“Divorced, Beheaded, Died, Divorced, Beheaded, Survived.” The fate of Henry the Eight's six wives.

I always thought that she was beheaded because she wouldn't agree to her marriage being annuled, because that would have made her daughter Elizabeth illegitimate. And if Elizabeth was declared illegitimate then her place in line of succession would go. So Anne Boleyn wouldn't accept those terms and go quietly. And that left Henry with no other option for getting rid of her than to have her found guilty of adultry, which in turn meant that she would have to lose her head.

Arguably, this woman sowed the seeds of centuries of religious oppression in this country. So forgive me if I shed few tears for her.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim
    I always thought that she was beheaded because she wouldn't agree to her marriage being annuled, because that would have made her daughter Elizabeth illegitimate. And if Elizabeth was declared illegitimate then her place in line of succession would go. So Anne Boleyn wouldn't accept those terms and go quietly. And that left Henry with no other option for getting rid of her than to have her found guilty of adultry, which in turn meant that she would have to lose her head.
    She sacrificed her head so that her daughter could wear a crown on hers, I suppose.

BTW historic fact:

Anne Boleyn (also written at the time Ann Bollen) was the maternal granddaughter of Margaret Butler, an Irish woman.Anne' great-great grandfather on her maternal side, was James Butler, 4th Earl of Ormonde. His second wife was a member of the Irish FitzGerald family, the daughter of the 5th Earl of Kildare. (The 8th earl was Gearoid Mór FitzGerald.) So there was a family link through marriage between Anne Boleyn's Irish ancestors and the Earls of Kildare, of Silken Thomas and Lord Edward FitzGerald fame).

If she was a different sex, and lived now, she'd qualify to play for the Irish soccer team.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    Arguably, this woman sowed the seeds of centuries of religious oppression in this country. So forgive me if I shed few tears for her.
    However she has a place in history whereas you will be remembered as....just give me a sec....yes thats it....that guy who posted on the internet, who was pissed off with lots of things and used a name that implied future greateness but suprisingly never amounted to much. Yes indeed FutureTaoiseach will go down in history as a unique member of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfReason
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    However she has a place in history whereas you will be remembered as....just give me a sec....yes thats it....that guy who posted on the internet, who was pissed off with lots of things and used a name that implied future greateness but suprisingly never amounted to much. Yes indeed FutureTaoiseach will go down in history as a unique member of the human race.
    Don't forget that he was also a PD. (Though he seems to have!) Sorry FT, couldn't resist!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment