Register to Comment
Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Quote Originally Posted by purpledon View Post
    Hudson is handsome but manly he most certainly wasn't, and was obviously gay to anybody who bothered to note.
    Tom Hardy is bi-sexual:

Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    thats some retrospective gaydar you have...
    Everybody who knew Hudson knew he was gay. You are confusing his on screen persona (he was an actor who could act, get it) with the real Hudson. Didn't his studio marry him off in an effort to dampen down the rumours and keep his real sexual preferences from the public? Hutson was sooo gay and everyone in Hollywood knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    He also said Pearse and Casement were gay.
    Casement was gay - that's not an allegation or a rumour; it's as close to a fact as can be asserted about a dead person's sexuality.

Casement was also a heroic figure quite apart from his role in 1916 - his exposure of the horror of Belgian rule in the Congo makes him one of the first and most eloquent early advocates for the dismantling of European colonialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    Tom Hardy is bi-sexual:

Good for him. Anyway we are talking about Collins. Besides Norris, anyone ever heard this rumour before? The only rumours surrounding Collins that I've heard stem from his time in London during the treaty talks. His affair with Lady Lavery and her bearing his child being the most prominent one. That's the only rumour I've heard about Collins pertaining to his personal life. That, and his engagement to Kitty, which wasn't a rumour but fact.

Quote Originally Posted by d7bohs View Post
    Casement was gay - that's not an allegation or a rumour; it's as close to a fact as can be asserted about a dead person's sexuality.

Casement was also a heroic figure quite apart from his role in 1916 - his exposure of the horror of Belgian rule in the Congo makes him one of the first and most eloquent early advocates for the dismantling of European colonialism.
    Yes, and that rumour/fact has been know for decades. It matters not one jot whether he was gay or not.

The late Hugh Leonard said that Hudson was "flamboyant" in his dress and manner in real life .

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    I dont think so, Ive seen the movie and Mick loved Kitty.
    You have no proof that Mick loved a pussy......................................cat.

Here's the way this will probably go. The pro-Collins camp will decry this "revisionism", - not because they're anti-gay or anything, but just because they believe in sticking to the facts.

The anti-Collins camp will will welcome it, not becase they think there's anything to be ashamed about. Oh no, it's just about sticking to the facts etc.

Great to see there's still some shame value in labelling someone as gay!

Yes, and that rumour/fact has been know for decades. It matters not one jot whether he was gay or not.
    I never said it mattered - i was simply responding a post that criticised Norris for 'alleging' that Casement was gay, as if this was a scurrilous and unfounded rumour.

Good for him. Anyway we are talking about Collins. Besides Norris, anyone ever heard this rumour before? The only rumours surrounding Collins that I've heard stem from his time in London during the treaty talks. His affair with Lady Lavery and her bearing his child being the most prominent one. That's the only rumour I've heard about Collins pertaining to his personal life. That, and his engagement to Kitty, which wasn't a rumour but fact.
    I heard he spent most of his time in London partying as he had decided the Treaty was a fait accompli as Griffith had decided to accept what was offered early on.

Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment