Register to Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88
Like Tree58Likes
  1. #81
    gatsbygirl20 gatsbygirl20 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,999

    Mountbatten's grandson, Timothy Knatchbull, who was injured but survived---his twin brother was killed in the bombing--wrote a book called From A Clear Blue Sky.

    First hand account and very gripping.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #82
    Henry Thomas Henry Thomas is offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,169

    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Eoghain View Post
    Do you expect us to bow our heads in some sort of shame Troll under the bridge?

    I always wondered what an old man like Mountbatten was doing with children on his boat(a human shield possibly) or something more mischeivous.

    If your'e looking sympathy from Republicans for that Op and paras at Warrenpoint you can piss away in the wind

    Will we start a thread about the collusion involving Billy Wright and pumping bullets into heavily pregnant Kathleen O'Hagen and her toddler family ?

    Start a thread about any old shyyyte you like - so you can avoid the truth, and get more comfy with
    some outraged, hate-filled ranting.....

    Decent people will not forget the litany of despicable Provo murders.

    And if it doesn't suit you - tough.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #83
    murf13 murf13 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain View Post
    I am not into the blame game, I just believe that all killing for what ever reason is wrong.
    Of course you are "into the blame game" you are blaming the Provos whilst giving the Brits a pass.
    By the way, the Provos have put aside their weapons.
    The Brits on the other hand are still murdering the 'lesser classes' out yonder for the enjoyment of their upper classes and the employment of their lower classes.
    You, by turning a blind eye to this, are guilty of facilating them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #84
    murf13 murf13 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Thomas View Post
    Start a thread about any old shyyyte you like - so you can avoid the truth, and get more comfy with
    some outraged, hate-filled ranting.....

    Decent people will not forget the litany of despicable Provo murders.

    And if it doesn't suit you - tough.
    And decent people will not be allowed to forget the "litany of despicable" British murders.
    Why you might ask?
    Because it happens every day. Still, today and will happen tomorrow and the day after and on and on and on because people like you are yes men.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #85
    tirnacrann tirnacrann is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    454

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    I think they should've used a sniper on Mountbatten instead of bombing the boat.
    A lot of operations were just badly thought out.
    And the british should have used smart bombs over dresden , it was thought out badly as well!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #86
    neveragain neveragain is offline
    neveragain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,520

    Quote Originally Posted by murf13 View Post
    Of course you are "into the blame game" you are blaming the Provos whilst giving the Brits a pass.
    By the way, the Provos have put aside their weapons.
    The Brits on the other hand are still murdering the 'lesser classes' out yonder for the enjoyment of their upper classes and the employment of their lower classes.
    You, by turning a blind eye to this, are guilty of facilating them.
    And where on any thread on this forum have you read any post by me turning a blind eye to any killing by any group from anywhere?

    Killing is wrong, end of.

    It is laughable that any critizisem of former IRA killings by certain members on this forum is answered by "you are a Brit lover" or worse.
    If we are ever going to move on from the sorry past we will have to put those thoughts aside once and for all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #87
    Hitch 22 Hitch 22 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,420

    The killing of an elderly man and woman and two young boys disgusted the majority of people on the island of Ireland including people who supported the "armed struggle" by the Provos.
    The killing of soldiers and policemen could be understood even by many people who did not agree with what the Provos were going.
    Many people in Ireland agreed with the aims of the Provos and other republican groups but did not agree with the way they were going about it.
    It's part of the job description of soldiers and police the world over that they might die in the line of duty.
    However Mountbatten had long since left the political scene, indeed he was sympathetic to Irish unity and he was now just a harmless elderly man going out on a fishing trip.
    How could any sane person seriously have believed then or now that killing him could have advanced Irish freedom by a centimetre?
    The bombers had to have known there were kids on the boat but they apparently did not care.
    The fate of innocents who were in the wrong place at the wrong time did not matter.
    What other purpose did this attack serve except to satisfy the sadistic bloodthirst and maniacal hatred of the killers themselves?
    All the attack achieved was the meaningless deaths of four people.
    The presence of posters on this thread trying to justify this shameful obscenity all these years later defies belief.
    For supporters of this attack to accuse of being a "West Brit" because you are disgusted when a helpless old man, old woman and two boys are blown up by a bomb is laughable.
    That they cannot see how self-defeating these and other attacks which killed innocent people were to the Provo cause shows them up for the morons they are.
    Is it any wonder the majority of people in the south of Ireland became disenchanted and turned their back on the north?
    It's amazing that there are still people who still don't get it.

    A great documentary about the incident here which was screened a few years ago on RTÉ:

    Last edited by Hitch 22; 28th August 2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #88
    murf13 murf13 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain View Post
    And where on any thread on this forum have you read any post by me turning a blind eye to any killing by any group from anywhere?

    Killing is wrong, end of.

    It is laughable that any critizisem of former IRA killings by certain members on this forum is answered by "you are a Brit lover" or worse.
    If we are ever going to move on from the sorry past we will have to put those thoughts aside once and for all.

    I live in the here and now. I can't change what happened thirty odd years ago but by voicing my anger at the murderous actions of the Brits today, perhaps somebody will hear.

    Now, join me in this condemnation of the Brits if you are like you say.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment