Like Tree205Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    Sure wasn't he a living saint here on earth
    John Hume?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    He's not in the best of health.
    Its the least he deserves.
    I remember when Lord O'Reilly's attack gnome Eamonn Dunphy used to dump abuse on Hume in the Sindo.
    That was shameful. Mind you its the behaviour one expects from that brood of vipers that is the Sindo Fanning may have gone to his eternal reward but both Harrises are still there.

Hume had every reason not to work with Adams but Hume was brave and decent.
    More than could be said for his detractors.
    I know how history will treat him and how it will treat O'Reilly (the man who in relative terms dragged our telecoms' network virtually back into the 19th century whilst trousering a fortune) and his freak show.
    To be fair to Dunphy, unlike the other sindonistas, he has wised up a bit in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnua View Post
    To be fair to Dunphy, unlike the other sindonistas, he has wised up a bit in the interim.
    I wonder what would it take for Dunphy to break ranks and tell all. How many more in the Sindo might also think of jumping, given the right price ?

Quote Originally Posted by TimBuckII View Post
    Thank you for a good reply.

I get that and I know that. I refuse take part in it though as it's wrong. If Irish Nationals had an international understanding of Nationalism we/the Irish wouldn't promote it so much. I would say the Irish definition has become a victim of it's own success.

Irish Nationalists talk and act as if they're a nation. They're not. it's almost like if you believe it, it's real. It's not real, there is no Irish Nation. There are two seperate Nations here. There's a lot of muddy water between it but as a Nation functions in civic and internatioal duties there are two.
    Would you have said there was no such thing as an Irish nation if you'd lived in 19th century Ireland? Would you have argued that there was no point agitating for independence because there was no nation to make it worth having an independent country? Ireland may be divided into two separate jurisdictions, and only partially independent, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an Irish nation and that full independence shouldn't be sought.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    Would you have said there was no such thing as an Irish nation if you'd lived in 19th century Ireland? Would you have argued that there was no point agitating for independence because there was no nation to make it worth having an independent country? Ireland may be divided into two separate jurisdictions, and only partially independent, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an Irish nation and that full independence shouldn't be sought.

Hang on a sec. Is it not the democratically expressed opinion of the people of this island that "full independence" will only come about through...er.....the democratically expressed opinion of the people of this island ? That being the case I suggest to take a nice long rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    Hang on a sec. Is it not the democratically expressed opinion of the people of this island that "full independence" will only come about through...er.....the democratically expressed opinion of the people of this island ? That being the case I suggest to take a nice long rest.
    I didn't say anything against the principle of consent. We can still make the case for, and build towards, full independence while we await a nationalist majority in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    I didn't say anything against the principle of consent. We can still make the case for, and build towards, full independence while we await a nationalist majority in the north.
    Tom O Fiaich once said something like that, and he was rebuked. It was probably at a time when Rome had a CCTV in the bedroom of its flock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Tom O Fiaich once said something like that, and he was rebuked. It was probably at a time when Rome had a CCTV in the bedroom of its flock.
    Who rebuked him?

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post

Not sure if you qre just taking the mick but I am certain that the democratic wish of the people of the island of Ireland would be for a one Ireland nation....Partition was always a falsehood and certainly was never democratic.... There are more Irish people living in the Liverpool area than there are English, if they voted to be part of Ireland would that be acceptable to the majority of the people in England...It certainly would not and rightly so....Demographics and Democracy was always ignored on the island of Ireland!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    Sure wasn't he a living saint here on earth
    Are you drunk or something???

Your posts are incoherent.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment