Back on topic, the Ulster Covenant was a fake, many individuals wrote several names on it, their family, neighbours, Mickey Mouse etc. Many of the books were signed outside of Ulster by unionists in Dublin etc. And other books were signed in England, Canada, Scotland etc. A fake.
Any stats on the number of RCs who signed the Covenant? Any stats on the number of Ascendancy scum who hightailed it back to Blighty when the Great Industrial Miracle went t*ts up? Any stats on the number of northern RCs who fought alongside Northern PandPs in the Great War were allowed to join the various 'veterans'associations which were set up to ensure their sacrifice's were rewarded with decent employment? Any stats on the exact number of RC homes burnt down,employment terminated,business's destroyed and boycotted in Dromore Banbridge and Lisburn after the Scumbag Col Smyth and scumbag eile OS Swanzy were dispatched to Hell for their crimes against the Irish Nation? Ah the great Covenant? Heres some lines which could well sum up the consequences of the mad OO/Unionist rush to obey their masters! "Borders are scratched across the hearts of men,by strangers with a calm judicial pen,and when the borders bleed we watch with dread,the lines of ink across the map turn red".
Thomas was JM Andrews' da.The second project was a direct result of the cotton shortage due to the American Civil War. This was the flax-spinning mill on the Ballygowan Road, built by John, or more accurately by his son Thomas, who supervised the work. Two other sons, James and John, were also partners in the firm of John Andrews & Co. But John himself never saw the opening in 1864. Because just a few weeks before he had died. A magnificent Illuminated Address, presented to his widow by the tenants of the Londonderry Estate, is still in existence, and this shows beautifully painted pictures of Comber of the time.
Meet JM Andrews' second cousinLet’s return to the 1870s. The spinning mill was doing well under Thomas, but other sections of the business were in trouble. William Glenny and Isaac had grown old without training anyone to succeed them, and the bleach works closed in 1872, the year after William Glenny’s death. Isaac had two sons, Thomas James born in 1847 and John (known as John Junior) born in 1849. John had been working in Liverpool, and he was brought back in 1875 in an attempt to save the firm. There was an immediate turn in fortune. But John didn’t see his future in Comber. In 1879 he bought out the shares of his cousins in the flour and corn mills, and the firm of James Andrews & Sons was dissolved. Then he opened mills in Belfast, closing the Comber flour mill in 1883. The Belfast Mills became the firm of Isaac Andrews & Sons, although Isaac himself had died in 1883. The Comber Flour Mill and Upper Corn Mill were demolished around 1900. McBurney’s Row in Castle Lane was built using stones from the Flour Mill.
SYDNEY ANDREWS (1877-1966)
was a man with a story to tell. He was a director in the Belfast flour-milling firm of Isaac Andrews & Sons, and a grandson of Isaac, who had lived in the Big House in Comber Square. His story was that of his family, the Andrews family of Comber, a story he researched during the years 1932-41. The finished product did not appear until 1958 – Nine Generations, A History of the Andrews Family of Comber, Co Down. It traces the family story right back to its roots in Ulster in the early 17th century. They appear to have come over from Scotland at this time, and probably settled on Mahee Island. They were originally called Andrew.
Caught out again, you lying weasel!
Last edited by picador; 10th April 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Andrews Website tells a different story muppet LOL
Andrews in Comber and Belfast - same familyThe Andrews family first built a flour mill in Comber Co. Down in 1722. It was by all reports an imposing building five storeys high and costing the large sum in those days of £1400. This was financially difficult as there were no banks from which to borrow.
Milling continued in Comber until 1883 by which time two mills operated by the Andrews family were producing in Belfast. The second Belfast mill was closed in 1895 and sold to Thomas Gallaher for his new tobacco factory.
Since that date milling has been centered on a large site in Percy Street, Belfast, also refered to as the Belfast Mills. This has been home since 1895 with the closure of the original mill in Comber. During the twentieth century many problems have been encountered including two World Wars and flour imports from N. America but despite this continual improvement has occurred.
And unless Divis has changed sides, the Flour Mill is in green territory