Register to Comment
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    Stay away from me Manolis, you're bad luck.
    Lucky he was not gassed in 1941. However, seems to have gotten on well with everyone in the last 40 years or so while his mates were running the country into the ground. Maybe he should be at home saying his prayers or reciting the Little Red Book or whatever disgruntled old Bolsheviks do.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Skypeme View Post
    Lucky he was not gassed in 1941. However, seems to have gotten on well with everyone in the last 40 years or so while his mates were running the country into the ground. Maybe he should be at home saying his prayers or reciting the Little Red Book or whatever disgruntled old Bolsheviks do.
    I rest my case!

On the 106 programme this morning Mark Coleman interviewed an American professor who acted as an adviser to the former government, but he also quashed a lot of the misinformation about the greek people themselves in relation to the so called tax evasion, laziness, and the other comments with regards to the citizens greece . which frankly border on racist.................

Since our problems are about to get much worse, I doubt if we would like to be name called what the greek people have been on the receiving end of. To abuse a people, you first have to DEHUMANISE them! History lesson anybody?

His family should be ashamed of themselves letting an old coot like that out and putting himself in a position where he could be tear gased.

But then greeks dont do shame, do they.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Maher View Post
    One of the main reasons why I have not been visiting this site is because of the frequently posted denouncements of the "lazy Greeks", which have honestly sickened me. So I'm delighted to see Gene Kerrigan's article, which may hopefully help some people to realise what is going on in that country and the wider Europe. Greece has suffered from some tragic governance since WW11 and is only in its infancy in attempting to recover from military dictatorship. I would ask Irish people to think and consider how long it has taken us to mature from our civil war and remember the countless charlatans and tin idols who were glorified by our media (and us), who each in their own corrupt way, enriched themselves and cheated us, censored us, robbed from us, and generally pissed on us from a great height.

Remember "we all partied didn't we?"

We were led by the nose to ignore the obvious mistreatment of children in residential homes, the subjugation of women and our adulation of the "great and the good". We continue to tolerate a society where our prisons are generally unfit for human habitation, white collar crime goes largely unpunished and miscreants in government departments, financial institutions and law firms are never made to account for their misdeeds. Talk to anyone in the UK or Germany and they will quickly tell how overpaid we all are and how we've had our snout in the begging bowl since we joined the EU.

The ordinary Greek people deserve our sympathy and solidarity, as we know only too well how a country can be misgoverned and its people herded like lemmings.
    It can be all too easy to whip some people up into an unthinking frenzy of resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by an innocent abroad View Post
    On the 106 programme this morning Mark Coleman interviewed an American professor who acted as an adviser to the former government, but he also quashed a lot of the misinformation about the greek people themselves in relation to the so called tax evasion, laziness, and the other comments with regards to the citizens greece . which frankly border on racist.................

Since our problems are about to get much worse, I doubt if we would like to be name called what the greek people have been on the receiving end of. To abuse a people, you first have to DEHUMANISE them! History lesson anybody?

Some people seem to get off on predicting the end is nigh. (We all know who I mean)
    I hope you are not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    I would be honoured to be in his company. A man that loves his country and is willing to stand for what is right. Unlike many on here who are bought and paid for by the EU.
    What did he do to fight the decades of corruption that have put the Greeks where they are, the most pathetic people in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    From the OP.

By my calculations that makes him 90 years of age. We know that he is considered a patriot by the Greeks. Can you show where he is on any listing as a tax defaulter?

BTW, I hope I never stoop to your level.

The likes of white horse wouldn't understand Mr. Glezos, his motivations or his love of his country.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    What did he do to fight the decades of corruption that have put the Greeks where they are, the most pathetic people in Europe?

What did you do to bring a halt to the "celtic tiger"?, oh yeah you canvassed for the liar willie o'twee didn't you?

Face it Keith you wouldn't be fit to lace the mans boots.

Quote Originally Posted by slippy wicket View Post
    His family should be ashamed of themselves letting an old coot like that out and putting himself in a position where he could be tear gased.

But then greeks dont do shame, do they.
    Whereas slippy here can only post in generalisations.

Don't worry though you have the other wing nuts keith and white horse to back you up.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment