Register to Comment
Page 1345 of 1400 FirstFirst ... 3458451245129513351343134413451346134713551395 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,450 of 13992
Like Tree26713Likes
  1. #13441
    blinding blinding is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,096

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse4 View Post
    Archbishop of Canterbury bows to the Saudi King ...

    Quote Originally Posted by irishmaninsalem View Post
    The Archbishop knows his place
    Money is God .
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #13442
    Levellers Levellers is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,154

    Twins Millie and Madge Biggs born to a mixed race couple in Birmingham, England.

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13443
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,917




    Wonderful temporary waterfalls on Uluru.

    Can you spot Nelly...?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #13444
    Mushroom Mushroom is offline
    Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16,672

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post

    Wonderful temporary waterfalls on Uluru.
    Great photo, but don't you mean Ayers Rock? (Or are you one of the saddoes who call the Falklands the Malvinas?)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #13445
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,917

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Great photo, but don't you mean Ayers Rock? (Or are you one of the saddoes who call the Falklands the Malvinas?)
    Would you not have thought to confirm the actual dual status of the names before making a fool out of yourself on an internet forum, highlighting your ignorance of what the place is officially called. Calling it either Uluru or Ayers Rock is perfectly acceptable, as it is officially known as "Uluru /Ayers Rock". Seeing as the Aborigines legally own the rock I am going to chose to call it what it is actually called. Just like the name of our country is Ireland, as we named it, and not 'The Republic of Ireland'.

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #13446
    former wesleyan former wesleyan is online now
    former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27,194

    How to get around the new blocks on copying and pasting from Google sourced images ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #13447
    Mushroom Mushroom is offline
    Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16,672

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Would you not have thought to confirm the actual dual status of the names before making a fool out of yourself on an internet forum, highlighting your ignorance of what the place is officially called. Calling it either Uluru or Ayers Rock is perfectly acceptable as it is officially known as "Uluru /Ayers Rock". Seeing as the Aborigines legally own the rock I am going to chose to call it what it is actually called. Just like the name of our country is Ireland, as we named it, and not 'The Republic of Ireland'.


    They legally own the rock in much the same way as you and I legally own the Curragh of Kildare!

    But I speak English, as do you. When you and I learn to speak fluent Aboriginal then I'll be happy to swap
    Uluru stories with you until the duck-billed platypuses come home!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #13448
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,917

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    They legally own the rock in much the same way as you and I legally own the Curragh of Kildare!

    But I speak English, as do you. When you and I learn to speak fluent Aboriginal then I'll be happy to swap
    Uluru stories with you until the duck-billed platypuses come home!
    You probably call Dun Laoghaire Kingston and Cobh Queenstown, don't you?

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #13449
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,917

    Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    How to get around the new blocks on copying and pasting from Google sourced images ?


    Right click the image and click 'open in new tab', then download as usual.

    If that doesn't work try:

    Click the 'Share' button
    Click the link at the bottom
    Then right-click the link and click 'go to [link]'
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #13450
    Mushroom Mushroom is offline
    Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16,672

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post

    You probably call Dun Laoghaire Kingston and Cobh Queenstown, don't you?
    Naturally!

    And the abomination known as Port Laoise will forever be Maryborough, located in Queens County.

    And Muine Bheag will be Bagenalstown until I die!

    Although I do call Navan An Uaimh; do you?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment