Register to Comment
Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 26 667475767778 86 ... LastLast

Hopi you really haven't got a clue.Nurses are constantly moaning and f88king whinging ,I worked as one they would drive a person to their sickbed with sh1te that they go on about.
    Keep blaming Harney if it makes you feel good,the nurses better have a good look at themselves,they are well paid for the job they do ,have a short working week,the job isn't rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopi watcher View Post
    And they just might. When you have your accident, ring the Civil Defence.
    BTW, nurses are not here 'moaning and whinging', they are merely defending themselves from scurrilous attacks from the last few PDs still standing. The nurses took on Harney and have succeeded in drawing back the veil of mystery that she for so long hid behind. What we see is such incompetence, it even makes Cullen look good.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Nothing changes in this thread !!

High salaries for likes of Nurses drive demand for nursing courses up and points went higher than science degrees. Long term we need to develop less nurses and more scientists/engineers etc but public sector pay distorts whole workforce and demand for certain careers, as does cartel like behaviour in the profession too.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantic View Post
    Hopi you really haven't got a clue.Nurses are constantly moaning and f88king whinging ,I worked as one they would drive a person to their sickbed with sh1te that they go on about.
    Keep blaming Harney if it makes you feel good,the nurses better have a good look at themselves,they are well paid for the job they do ,have a short working week,the job isn't rocket science.
    Your opinion-with which those that do this 'simple' job do not agree. Isn't it remarkable the number of those attacking nurses that seek to justify their attacks by claiming that they were, are, or have family members who are/were, nurses?
    Last edited by hopi watcher; 18th June 2009 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    If I was you I would give up the ghost. The only veil of mystery lurking around nurses earnings is the one created by Liam Doran and the INO. When people find out what nurses actually earn their attitudes usually change pretty sharpish. By bringing what they earn into the public domain you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Nurses should be extremely happy with what they earn. It is not an easy job and I admire them but unfortunately we can only pay what we can afford as a state and they are already being paid much more than this.

I'll give it to Liam Doran - he is the best union rep in the country and deserves whatever nurses pay him to represent them. I have seen him stand beside a nurse at a protest when the nurse said she earned only 28k after 10 years service. The starting annual salary is 31k plus allowances so she must have been part-time.
    Nurses don't give up the ghost and there will come a time when you will appreciate that. And the butt of your arguement is that in your view 'nurses SHOULD be happy with their lot' Well heres the news, they are not and a further truth is that they now are what Harney and her henchmen made them. By throwing tax payers money around like rice at a wedding to her pals and the chosen ones, she opened a huge gap between the various grades in the health service and people rightly began to question why they were being left out of this widefall. Putting the genie back in the bottle is going to take a Minisiter that undertakes the job from the starting position of providing a health service that all can equally access and manned by a workforce threated fairly and rewarded in accordance with thier contributuion.

I have told you hopi I worked as one and my wife still does ,but you because of your unionititis type thinking can not accept that .It's you and your type of antagonistic rabble- rousers that bring the system to a grinding halt.You could bend over backwards ,give in to all your whims it would never be enough,ye are like spoilt children constantly looking for more.
    Your opinion-with which those that do this 'simple' job do not agree. Isn't it remarkable the number of those attacking nurses that seek to justify their attacks by claiming that they were, are, or have family members who are/were, nurses?

Quote Originally Posted by atlantic View Post
    I have told you hopi I worked as one and my wife still does ,but you because of your unionititis type thinking can not accept that .It's you and your type of antagonistic rabble- rousers that bring the system to a grinding halt.You could bend over backwards ,give in to all your whims it would never be enough,ye are like spoilt children constantly looking for more.
    Don't be so rediculous, nurses are among the most benign group of workers in this state and have been exploited ruthlessly accordingly over the years and for you to suggest otherwise outs your silly clams to be close to it. No nurse, former or existing, would put forward such a view on nurses.

And the unions represent the nurses and is the nurses. It is not some free standing entity acting without a mandate.

Any constructive contribution to make other than bluster?

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    OK - now move beyond this point. You need to show that the nurses in the UK are not underpaid. Also, the different costs of living have to be taken into account as do the effective income tax rates. Finally are the relative duties similar in workload and extent?

In terms of Purchasing PP Nurses here earn less than those in the UK.

http://www.icn.ch/Flash/sew_wff_data_sum06.swf

Exploited your favourite words hopi,Nurses are not exploited for the monies,pensions,and job they do ,and are a very militant group that at a whim try to hold this country to ransom,I know I was a member of a nursing union and the selfish, drivel ,whimsey that go on at these meetings would make you sick.
    Don't be so rediculous, nurses are among the most benign group of workers in this state and have been exploited ruthlessly accordingly over the years and for you to suggest otherwise outs your silly clams to be close to it. No nurse, former or existing, would put forward such a view on nurses.

And the unions represent the nurses and is the nurses. It is not some free standing entity acting without a mandate.

Any constructive contribution to make other than bluster?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post
    In terms of Purchasing PP Nurses here earn less than those in the UK.

http://www.icn.ch/Flash/sew_wff_data_sum06.swf

That survey is 3 years old and was produced by a nursing organisation. It has about as much credibility as a CIA "WMD in Iraq" publication.

Have you read my previous posts? We have already had one wage/price inflation spiral. If nurses wages at the moment are not enough to provide a good quality of life then something stinks. The solution to this stink is not to raise them further when we are 26 billion in the red. The entire wage/price structure of the state needs to be re-aligned with reality.

Nurses are paid much more than the average person is already. You complained earlier about consultants salaries. I agree, they are outrageous, but they are not the basis for demanding pay increases for nurses.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment