Register to Comment
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Virginity pledges leading to increased anal sex

ABC [SIZE=4]Study Reports Anal Sex on Rise Among Teens[/SIZE]
    Lack of Sex Education, Virginity Pledges, Ignorance Contribute to Risky Behavior

Experts say girls and young women like Carry are often persuaded to try such sexual behavior for the wrong reasons -- to please a partner, to have sex without the risk of pregnancy or to preserve their virginity. But many don't understand the health consequences.
    "I know some teens who did it just to try, and some who didn't have a condom available," said one 18-year-old Californian who did not want her name used.
    "It takes a great amount of trust to try something new with somebody that you may or may not like," she said. "I'd consider it if there was a ring on my finger. Otherwise, I feel I'd be losing some of my dignity as a woman."
    One recent graduate of a New England college said one of her classmates was a "hard-core" Catholic who was rumored to have engaged in risky behavior.
    "She only had anal sex with her boyfriend until they were married because that technically kept her a virgin," said the 25-year-old who wanted to remain anonymous....Still, Egan said that when she had anal sex with a boyfriend for the first time at 26, she was drunk, used no condom -- they were monogamous -- and didn't even know how to clean herself.....
    Indeed, another well-publicized 2005 study using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that teenagers who take "virginity pledges" were more likely to engage in oral or anal sex than nonpledging teens and less likely to use condoms once they became sexually active. ...What's changed in this decade is girls are now expressing an interest. "On college campuses it's escalated," Kuriansky said. "There's more talk, more books, more videos."
    I can remember in my (Irish) secondary school some US twenty somethings being brought in to extoll the benefits of "pledging".

Is preaching abstinence/ virginity helpful if it leads to riskier practices ?

cYp
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Best thread title ever!!!

By that logic a sexually active gay person would be a virgin in perpetuity, being neither possessed of a vagina or, in the alternative, a penis to perform said penetration.

jaysus, so from intact hymens to sodom and effing gomorrah? there will be veils next and sex associated with babies... yep, any comment on this psychopathy from the powers that be those with the speculums, therometers and overt gynae-phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrynorth View Post
    Best thread title ever!!!
    Read the tags.

cyberianpan is a ledge for the auld tags so he is.

Whatever happened to "in ear riding"?

I read the title, then my phone rang and as always lately I decided that the title was Virginia pledges to increase anal sexI could'nt think of anything else during the phone call and I actually told my friend that it says on Pie that Virginia pledges to increase anal sex. Wouldn't you think that that is a very dangerous policy she saidl. 'well its there and we wondered if it was a plot to lessen the population or some other such devilry and we thought it quite amusing that a place called Virginia should increase anal sex. Ah well, back to the usual boring stuff. sigh

guffaw

tis not about thodomy per se , rather cultivating ignorance. sarah palin just came to mind.

I remember when AIDS first arrived on the scene, and an elder fella told me we'd be reduced to riding a pound of liver in a pint glass.
    Can't say I tried....yet.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment