View Poll Results: Abortion

Voters
46. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

18 39.13%
  • No

28 60.87%
Register to Comment
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Folks

Personally, you as a humming bean, do you believe abortion should or should never be an option?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by minty
    There are certain issues on whic moral and economics imperatives should be seperated. this is a issue which should be considered on a solely moral basis

Why? Theres nothing worng with bringing a nice bit of economic analysis into an argument.
    Tell me, o wise one, what issue have the right to be subject to ecconomics and what ones don't?

Quote Originally Posted by oslosinclair
    Folks

Personally, you as a humming bean, do you believe abortion should or should never be an option?
    It should, it's not as black and white as some people think of it.

The economical thing, eurocrat mentioned is even very valid.
    In many European, particulary Western European countries, there are too many old and not enough young people.
    There is no healthy balance between young and old population.

Another point which is bad for the economy are the high costs for psychological treatment of women who had an abortion.
    Women who aborted a child recieve psychological help, (sometimes about 10 years!) and it's all financed by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac
    The economical thing, eurocrat mentioned is even very valid.
    In many European, particulary Western European country, there are too many old and not enough young people.
    There is no healthy balance between young and old population.
    True. Western Europe is dying out. Fertility rates in all European counties are under 2.1 This is the rate required to have the population re-produce itself over a cycle.
    Ireland, at a rate of 1.98 is streets ahead of other countries (the Czech Republic is as low as 1.3). The fact that abortion is not legal available here is an obvious factor.

In American its estimated that 33% of all pregancies are aborted*
    In Ireland the rate is etimated at 10%**

The economic and subsequently, the socail consequences of Abortion should not be ignored.
    *http://www.abortionfacts.com/online_...em_both_17.asp
    **http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...b-ireland.html

For people with strong nerves and for people who voted "YES" in the poll, only:

http://www.ortl.org/abortion/abortion_methods.htm

Abortion should be legal or illegal -- at the moment, it's legal for some, and illegal for others, soley based on the financial, etc ability to travel.

The fact is, having a law against abortion only leads to people travelling to a nearby country to have one, and those that can't manage that having backstreet abortions.

I don't like abortion... I wish I could afford to adopt every child who would otherwise die before birth, but I can't. I also wish those children were put up for adoption and not aborted. I also can't force a girl to go through a pregnancy she doesn't feel ready to deal with.

One question -- Are there any figures indicating the level of demand for babies (adoption-wise) and would it be advisable to set up a system whereby women are compensated for their pregnancy-related expenses in return for offering their child for adoption? I'm not suggesting a "baby-for-sale" system, but a system that encourages adoption as a valid and workable alternative to abortion...

Do we end up with a situation down the road where the kids end up lookin for their biological parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Badnarik_Eire
    Do we end up with a situation down the road where the kids end up lookin for their biological parents?
    Why not? Everybody has the right to know who her/ his biological parents are!

I agree totally, just pointing our possable effects

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment