Register to Comment

Fun Fact: Mary Harney has been a good health minister...

... compared to...

A bag of paperclips...
    Discarded litter...
    A loaf of bread...
    An old shoe...

Etc.

In all seriousness though, is there anybody who actually thinks she's done a good, no, not even good, decent job as HM?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Re: Fun Fact: Mary Harney has been a good health minister...

i think she was given a very tough job of trying to change a health service that was fallen apart and didn't want to change, i dont envy her but i think she was very brave to take it on. History will judge if she was the biggest disaster or greatest success. Noel browne got an awful lot of abuse when he was minister for health but history thinks him a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by BluntGuy
    ... compared to...

A bag of paperclips...
    Discarded litter...
    A loaf of bread...
    An old shoe...

Etc.

In all seriousness though, is there anybody who actually thinks she's done a good, no, not even good, decent job as HM?
    Is there something in the T&Cs of p.ie that says your first thread must consist of juvenile rubbish about Mary Harney and the Health Service?

My apologies for the juvenile nature of this thread...

But since the government, the HSE and Mary Harney insist on treating us like idiotic children, I felt an eqaully ridiculous response was appropiate.

And my initial question still stands:

DOES anybody think she has done a decent job as health minister?

Quote Originally Posted by socialdemocrate
    i think she was given a very tough job of trying to change a health service that was fallen apart and didn't want to change, i dont envy her but i think she was very brave to take it on. History will judge if she was the biggest disaster or greatest success. Noel browne got an awful lot of abuse when he was minister for health but history thinks him a hero.
    What a load of sh!t. I don't get this bu11************************ that Harney was somehow brave to take on Health and run it into the ground. What exactly do you mean by brave? Is it brave to deliberatly cripple public health so that her mates in insurance and the private sector can clean up? She's not brave, she's just a traitor of Ireland.

And don't compare that witch with Browne, Browne actually tried to help people, that is the key difference.

Atleast during her time all the inflicted wound while we are fast asleep is always looked after, well done to her tenure for that.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment