Register to Comment
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Surely many posters on here want white Irish to have as many kids as possible? Or did I misunderstand that message.
    Yes and no. It seems we simultaneously want that but we also give out about working class people who have too many kids.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Just when the world was biting its nails in the hope that President Trump and Supreme Leftist leader Kim Flung Dung would pull it off, Irish people are warned by a Doctor of an impending disaster. The annual money our wonderful government put aside to provide vasectomies ran out in March. Government views the procedure which is carried out on men as essential in the liberation of women who don’t have to bother about contraception.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36996360.html

A survey carried out in Britain found that of 1,000 married men who were vasectomized in 2013, only 34 (.34%) of their wives later conceived a baby. Waterford GP Dr Fergus McMarried said that "They are saying a lot of people who go for the abortions are not 22-year-olds at the start of planning their families.
    "There are actually quite a good few people at the end of their family planning, the 38-year-olds, and they are surprised when a crisis pregnancy occurs and they are heading over to the United Kingdom for an abortion.
    "If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.

Doctors association President Mattie O’Tool denounced a proposal by the Minister for Health Simon Harrisment to have the procedure carried out over 2 years to spread the money out for another 3 months. A half vasectomy is no vasectomy at all he said. "You were better complete the job in one operation than split it into 2 stages," he said.

"If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.
    Nurse Bridie Scalpel said an injection of cash is needed because with no funding available she expects to be laid off and has contacted her union the INO, seeking severance pay.

I invite discussion, but I feel there should be a helpline for couples on the waiting list, but whose male partner was not yet done. I think the best thing is to abstain until next year and hope more money will become available.
    Nurse Bridie Scalpel, who is urging more funding for vasectomies, is seeking severance pay.

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Yes and no. It seems we simultaneously want that but we also give out about working class people who have too many kids.
    It would be interesting to know how many Piesters with strong views on who should breed and to what extent are themselves parents or ever likely to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    One presumes that money was for men with medical cards. It's a really simple operation so it can't cost much. It's only day surgery and you're fully awake. It has practically zero side affects and it means no chance of a crisis pregnancy.
    Fully awake? You're joking? No anesthetic? I take it you are a woman, what would you know about men feeling pain?

A survey carried out in Britain found that of 1,000 married men who were vasectomized in 2013, only 34 (.34%) of their wives later conceived a baby.
    Did you do honours maths in the Leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I only got as far as the Group Cert because vocational schools did not offer the leaving to working class kids. I did an adult education course years later in Business studies and found the maths too easy, boring.

A strange thing about my 2nd level education was that they taught me Venn Diagrammes which no one understood and I could never apply in real life.. They were used only (as far as I am aware) by John Bell the famous physicist who in formulating his famous inequality theory proofing Einstein was mistaken. . So Ireland was teaching snotty nosed roughins maths which were only used for the most complicated and controversial question in physics.
    Last edited by valamhic; 12th June 2018 at 12:31 PM.

I only got as far as the Group Cert because vocational schools did not offer the leaving to working class kids. I did an adult education course years later in Business studies and found the maths too easy, boring.

A strange thing about my 2nd level education was that they taught me Venn Diagrammes which no one understood and I could never apply in real life.. They were used only (as far as I am aware) by John Bell the famous physicist who in formulating his famous inequality proofedEinstien was mistaken. . So Ireland was teaching snotty nosed roughins maths which were only used for the most complicated and controversal question in physics.
    Whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post

You are correct, 34/1000 = 3.4% and not .034% . I had to type from the magazine and could not find my glasses at the time.

A simpler way to put it is that of every 1,000 men who got it done, 34 of their wives become pregnant afterwards. I would have thought that is a very high failure rate.

How could they have possibly become pregnant?
    Last edited by valamhic; 12th June 2018 at 12:37 PM.

Just to clarify, I had some typos in my posts, but corrected them now. I did provide a link to the newspaper article to prove Its not made up.

I know if I had it done and my wife or woman friend got pregnant, I look for my money back under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act. There should have been a public inquiry into these mishaps.

Fully awake? You're joking? No anesthetic? I take it you are a woman, what would you know about men feeling pain?
    Yes, it called a 'local anaesthetic' (the correct spelling, not the yank spelling). Fully awake the whole time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment