Register to Comment
Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    What I should have said was "outsourcing to a different continent".

I don't believe a private lab in Ireland or the UK would make such a horrific error.
    Really? Maybe they don't have doctors who can't tell the difference between an ankle and an elbow......oh, wait a minute, that was in an Irish hospital.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    false negative do happen it doesnt mean there was incompetence? or was there human error proved?
    This case goes beyond incompetence:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36824341.html

"In the action by Ms Phlean and her husband Jim, there is also a claim for aggravated and exemplary damages over the alleged failure to tell Ms Phelan for three years that a review of her 2011 smear test showed the original result of no abnormalities was incorrect."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    My heart goes out to this woman.
    My friend's mum was diagnosed with stage IV cervical cancer and given a grim prognosis.
    However, 7 years later she's still going very strong.
    Hopefully this lady can similarly defy the odds.

I'm surprised at the award though.
    Thought it was very low, given the outcome of the error.
    Well done your mum. I hope she's thriving.

Yeah, if they have to pay for private treatment in the US then the 2.3m will be gone very quickly. For the blatant cover up or whatever it was three years ago when they knew the tests were incorrect but didn't inform the poor lady, that's simply despicable.

Ffc, I mean a court awarded some guy about a decade ago, 10m for "reputational" damage when it got out that he was going around a hotel starkers and arriving at his coworkers room door with his lad in his hand. Ffs.

The head of the screening service was on Morning Ireland just there. I think other journalists might have been more deferential and let him waffle away, but he was a bit of a quivering mess after Gavin Jennings had finished with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    I presume it depends on the degree of negligence involved as well as the harm suffered etc.
    It doesn't look like it could get much worse. How do you see the severity of both of those variables?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    The head of the screening service was on Morning Ireland just there. I think other journalists might have been more deferential and let him waffle away, but he was a bit of a quivering mess after Gavin Jennings had finished with him.
    Oh, is there a playback available?

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    What I should have said was "outsourcing to a different continent".

I don't believe a private lab in Ireland or the UK would make such a horrific error.
    I have full faith in the Irish Gov and HSE to place pencils in a marked holder....

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    If fg get their way, everything will be outsourced. I heard today about gps being consulted by webcam and they are trying to introduce digital teaching into classrooms. They wont be happy until this society is utterly destroyed.
    It's not just FG who are on the outsourcing bandwagon. At the Health committee meeting yesterday Stephen Donnelly asked if genetic testing for people affected by the Sodium Valproate scandal could be outscourced before any discussion even took place as to what could be done in-house.

The case against the HSE by Ms Phelan was apparently thrown out. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    He was even worse on Newstalk. Pathetic waffling even though Shane Coleman asked him the same question 3 times.

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment