Register to Comment
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Matthew 5:17

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
    So you are saying that this is an ecumenical matter?

I see....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmore.. View Post
    That doesn't gain any respect for me.
    I'm not a vegetarian to gain anyone's respect. It's what's right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    Whatever about veganism, but I have been slowly moving to a low to no meat diet for some time, although fish does feature quite a bit too.

Last night I had a mixed grain salad, beetroot, egg whites and homemade quinoa ''burgers'' and the night before that I had a vegetable omelet.

I won't be given up the rare rib eyes anytime soon but I genuinely believe there is far too much meat in our diets. I don't really eat any pork products at all anymore bar the occasional black and white pudding and even then, I tried a vegan alternative made up by a friend and while its not the same, its not half bad.

I do believe there will always be a need for meat in our diet but I am hoping that vat grown meat will be a staple soon enough.
    If you can find mcweens vegetarian haggis , it's even better than white pudding ., nutty and spicy .

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Why do vegans and vegetarians place so much stock and spend so much time searching for stuff that "tastes like meat".

That is why omnivores laugh at you guys.
    Thomas the tank engine again..... What do you you when you and your buddies aren't sitting around laughing at veggies ?

What a life.

Whatever about veganism, but I have been slowly moving to a low to no meat diet for some time, although fish does feature quite a bit too.

Last night I had a mixed grain salad, beetroot, egg whites and homemade quinoa ''burgers'' and the night before that I had a vegetable omelet.

I won't be given up the rare rib eyes anytime soon but I genuinely believe there is far too much meat in our diets. I don't really eat any pork products at all anymore bar the occasional black and white pudding and even then, I tried a vegan alternative made up by a friend and while its not the same, its not half bad.

I do believe there will always be a need for meat in our diet but I am hoping that vat grown meat will be a staple soon enough.
    I think the balance you describe will the future for most people .

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Who was 'he' speaking to when he said 'And let us make man in our own image'?
    You're asking the wrong person !

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our DONKEY!!!

(Seriously though, mad stuff Ted, wha'?)

Perfectly serviceable rule book for the place and time that was in it .

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Can Roman Catholics be vegans if they take the Holy Eucharist?
    Feck off ya prod !

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdiev77 View Post
    I think the balance you describe will the future for most people .
    I'd personally prefer not to eat dead animals if I can help it, but I am not there yet. They had a thing on Noosetalk about it where they send that jovial English chap Henry out to talk to people and they had some idiot talking about how they 'made vat grown meat in a theatre' [Seriously, WTF?] and it was disgusting.....no attempt to challenge the guy, they just wanted a visceral comment to drum up interest.

I have been in Madrid and then Barcelona for the last week and the amount of vegan and vegetarian pinchos and tapas on offer was impressive, especially when you bear in mind the Iberian penchant for cured meats.
    Last edited by *EPIC SUCCESS*; 16th April 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdiev77 View Post
    Thomas the tank engine again..... What do you you when you and your buddies aren't sitting around laughing at veggies ?
    Laugh at those women who never shut up about breastfeeding.

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment