Register to Comment
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    Oh and sometimes people have no choice but to go to A+E as GPs do not work out of hours much.

I'm liking the idea of this video doc thing. Great idea. I know it is only until 10pm but that is much later than any GP I know anyway. And I accept that if you have an emergency outside those hours your only choice is A+E, but looking at the wait times, you'd be better off taking your chances after 10pm and waiting until your own GP opens.

https://videodoc.ie/
    Is the whole country not covered with out of hours GP service? We have it in North Dublin, and I know it's down the West at least.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by the secretary View Post
    Let me guess.
    I bet its the non corrupt, anti war, more Irish than rest, non propaganda, equality first, aiw political party.
    I've got an answer from the OP.
    Do keep up.
    Don't ever guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    Is the whole country not covered with out of hours GP service? We have it in North Dublin, and I know it's down the West at least.
    Very patchy. Dub Doc took ten hours to reach dear mother recently. Not good.

But I'm registering for the video doc. Could come in useful for me anyway for the stress of it all. LOL. 20 quid! that's a steal. I know they can't deal with everything, but if the mundane stuff is cleared off the books of GPs that's good.

Medical Card holders need not apply unless they want to of course.

A radio show host once suggested that everyone who was a sitting MP(TD) should lose his/her seat and get a whole new set of Muppets which could not do a worse job than the incumbent muppets.
    Perhaps all registered voters should try that at the next poll whenever it comes.
    Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    About a month and a half ago my mother was sent into the A&E in Mullingar - over 20 people in various cubbyholes, corridors and a waiting room, mostly there all day and overnight. Up the road in Cavan, which also services two counties, had almost no one 'on trolleys'. Plenty of people were asking how so and they're still asking it.
    12/2/2018, a Monday, 544 on trolleys. Cavan 3.
    12/3/2018. a Monday, 714 on trolleys, Cavan 4.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    Something doesn't add up. This is what the government should be investigating.
    I should add I have been in A&E on numerous occasions over the last 7 years or so with my mother and my father when he was alive. While there are clearly elderly people there who are very ill, and occasionally some younger people also (frequently obese or with respiratory difficulties), many more are not particularly ill and would be better off at home in bed or calling to their GP. They are certainly not getting any better sitting around on plastic chairs in the 'emergency' dept.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonS View Post
    12/2/2018, a Monday, 544 on trolleys. Cavan 3.
    12/3/2018. a Monday, 714 on trolleys, Cavan 4.
    What numbers are Cavan supporting as a percentage of the overall?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    714 the number that put's this pathetic FG government to shame. That's the number of Irish human beings who are waiting on trolley's for beds in our hospitals. This is now a national emergency and worthy of an election. FG have destroyed our society and are now making those most in need suffer.

Let's put Leo in the bin as he isn't up to the job no matter what his department of propaganda tell us.

Time for change.
    TBH, don;t have much time for this fake outrage.

Those on trolleys are just a means to an end for the OP. He could not really give a f*ck if they lived or died.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    I should add I have been in A&E on numerous occasions over the last 7 years or so with my mother and my father when he was alive. While there are clearly elderly people there who are very ill, and occasionally some younger people also (frequently obese or with respiratory difficulties), many more are not particularly ill and would be better off at home in bed or calling to their GP. They are certainly not getting any better sitting around on plastic chairs in the 'emergency' dept.
    This has to be addressed. If its not an emergency people probably shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    What numbers are Cavan supporting as a percentage of the overall?
    They have Cavan & Monaghan & probably a chunk of S Leitrim and N Longford as well. A lot more than 1% anyway.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment