Register to Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    Seems to be a particular bad problem in Limerick hospital. They account for 10% of number. Some hospitals seem to be better than others for coping. Why is that?
    About a month and a half ago my mother was sent into the A&E in Mullingar - over 20 people in various cubbyholes, corridors and a waiting room, mostly there all day and overnight. Up the road in Cavan, which also services two counties, had almost no one 'on trolleys'. Plenty of people were asking how so and they're still asking it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    The trolleys were largely empty during Storm Emma which suggests a lot of A+E visits are totally unnecessary. Ambulances were available for dire emergencies.
    All elective surgery was cancelled, ambulances were not available- sick people just got sicker at home and came in when the snow melted.
    A lot of visits are unnecessary, but they dont get admitted, these are necessary visits of sick people who need admission.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    Why?
    Because let's pretend that all problems will be fixed the day they enter office johnny!

Like happened with SF's close allies, Syriza.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    About a month and a half ago my mother was sent into the A&E in Mullingar - over 20 people in various cubbyholes, corridors and a waiting room, mostly there all day and overnight. Up the road in Cavan, which also services two counties, had almost no one 'on trolleys'. Plenty of people were asking how so and they're still asking it.
    Something doesn't add up. This is what the government should be investigating.

God bless the innocence of anyone who thinks kicking FG out and letting SF in, will solve the trolley crisis.

I am a veteran of A+E with dear mother over the years.

I didn't hear of anyone on social media or the papers or wherever saying their loved one died because they couldn't get to A+E under their own steam (i.e. not an ambulance) during the snow shut down.

I've seen it all. Most of it is time wasting. Because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    SF
    For the record,
    Poor SF only ran 50 candidates last election!
    Where will they get the extra candidates & the extra seats to win an overall majority?
    Thanks for your reply, but remember,
    Don't run away from your own thread!
    Thanks again.

Oh and sometimes people have no choice but to go to A+E as GPs do not work out of hours much.

I'm liking the idea of this video doc thing. Great idea. I know it is only until 10pm but that is much later than any GP I know anyway. And I accept that if you have an emergency outside those hours your only choice is A+E, but looking at the wait times, you'd be better off taking your chances after 10pm and waiting until your own GP opens.

https://videodoc.ie/

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    I am a veteran of A+E with dear mother over the years.

I didn't hear of anyone on social media or the papers or wherever saying their loved one died because they couldn't get to A+E under their own steam (i.e. not an ambulance) during the snow shut down.

I've seen it all. Most of it is time wasting. Because they can.

Clearly you were not aware of the patients stuck in their houses for 23 hours with fractured hips because the Army could not get to them,

Luckily for many tractors were able to get to the sickest and get them to hospitals and the thaw came quick enough that by Saturday/Sunday most routes were open.
    Dialysis access was a huge problem for many .

The A&E overcrowding is due to sick patients needing admission and no beds being available. Nothing to do with "inappropriate" attendance.

And clearly by your knowledge that most people are time wasters: with that medical knowledge, could you not have treated your mother at home?

Quote Originally Posted by SuirView View Post
    For the record,
    Who would put in as government?
    Don't run away from your own thread.
    Just post that you would like to see party X, party Y and maybe party Z in govt.
    No shame
    Let me guess.
    I bet its the non corrupt, anti war, more Irish than rest, non propaganda, equality first, aiw political party.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment