Register to Comment
Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Like Tree912Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Atheists for instance are far more likely to allow their kids listen to trashy music with depraved values and not teach them about musical traditions of Western High Culture than Believers are- this is going to have a massive effect on kids. Also Believers are much more likely to instil in kids a love for and interest in the past which is something bound to open up their imaginations and sense of horizons- again this is bound to have a massive effect. Believers are also much more likely to teach their kids about their duties to others than atheists. Just take time to think about those points.
    If only the world was really as simple as this. Everything would be so predictable, wouldn't it?
    Kids like to rebel, and do the opposite of what their parents expect of them.
    Kids also recognize hypocrisy, and dont like being told to do one thing when their parents are guilty of doing something else.
    Kids should be allowed the freedom to think for themselves, because they'll be doing it anyway, regardless of what indoctrination they've been subjected to.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Like hell they are Toland, some maybe but most atheists function on a purely animal level based on self-interest very coarsely and narrowly defined and unrefined emotion.
    I'd be surprised at this attitude given all the interactions you have had with atheists if I didn't already know how successful your brainwashing was.

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    What has any of this got to do with religion?
    It has a lot to do with kids from Religious homes being superior in general to kids from atheistic homes.

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    I'd be surprised at this attitude given all the interactions you have had with atheists if I didn't already know how successful your brainwashing was.
    How was my brainwashing successful benroe? The people who raised me would have a very different view of the success of their instilling me with their values. In fact they see me as a traitor to all that they hold dear. You though seem to have held on to all your parents attitudes even in the face of reality patently contradicting them.

Oh seriously, intelligent and honest atheists will accept this the bulk of times in debate. By the way I would say this as much about kids from Civilized Protestant homes as well as those from Modern Orthodox Jewish and Sufi as well as Mystical Shia ones as I would about ones from good Catholic homes. Atheists for instance are far more likely to allow their kids listen to trashy music with depraved values and not teach them about musical traditions of Western High Culture than Believers are- this is going to have a massive effect on kids. Also Believers are much more likely to instil in kids a love for and interest in the past which is something bound to open up their imaginations and sense of horizons- again this is bound to have a massive effect. Believers are also much more likely to teach their kids about their duties to others than atheists. Just take time to think about those points.
    In fact, religious people are vulgar savages, bloated and insensate on the saccharine junk food of religious intellectual kitsch.

The afflicted remain ignorant of everything that matters. That is because they regard the world in which they find themselves as a kind of sham. Everything that matters happens in fantasy land, somewhere else.

Religion is a terrible thing to inflict upon innocent kids. It is the nearest thing there is to communicable mental illness.

Like hell they are Toland, some maybe but most atheists function on a purely animal level based on self-interest very coarsely and narrowly defined and unrefined emotion.
    Like many christians, you fail to use your imagination due to the fear that doing so will threaten your rationalisations.

Take your point.But only upto a point.It's not why I have a tentative belief system but try telling your 3yr old about your thoughts around what awaits once the lights go out.Mental illness much more likely to be a by product of the atheistic worldview

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Like many christians, you fail to use your imagination due to the fear that doing so will threaten your rationalisations.
    You honestly think I have never been around atheists?

Also do you ban rock, rap and rave music from your children's ears?

It has a lot to do with kids from Religious homes being superior in general to kids from atheistic homes.
    unpack please? its clear religion is there to make dumb people follow rules so I would probably grant that at the lower IQ range religion probably imposes order where there wouldnt be otherwise. I dont see it across the board though

You honestly think I have never been around atheists?

Also do you ban rock, rap and rave music from your children's ears?
    Of course not. And if you do, then you make my point for me.

My point about your imagination has nothing to do with the presence of atheists in or their absence from your life.

Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment