Register to Comment
Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1216
Like Tree958Likes
  1. #781
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7,999

    Take your point.But only upto a point.It's not why I have a tentative belief system but try telling your 3yr old about your thoughts around what awaits once the lights go out.Mental illness much more likely to be a by product of the atheistic worldview
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #782
    Ratio Et Fides Ratio Et Fides is offline
    Ratio Et Fides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    29,734

    Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Like many christians, you fail to use your imagination due to the fear that doing so will threaten your rationalisations.
    You honestly think I have never been around atheists?

    Also do you ban rock, rap and rave music from your children's ears?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #783
    silverharp silverharp is online now
    silverharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    15,073

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    It has a lot to do with kids from Religious homes being superior in general to kids from atheistic homes.
    unpack please? its clear religion is there to make dumb people follow rules so I would probably grant that at the lower IQ range religion probably imposes order where there wouldnt be otherwise. I dont see it across the board though
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #784
    Toland Toland is offline
    Toland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75,305

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    You honestly think I have never been around atheists?

    Also do you ban rock, rap and rave music from your children's ears?
    Of course not. And if you do, then you make my point for me.

    My point about your imagination has nothing to do with the presence of atheists in or their absence from your life.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #785
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7,999

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    In fact, religious people are vulgar savages, bloated and insensate on the saccharine junk food of religious intellectual kitsch.

    The afflicted remain ignorant of everything that matters. That is because they regard the world in which they find themselves as a kind of sham. Everything that matters happens in fantasy land, somewhere else.

    Religion is a terrible thing to inflict upon innocent kids. It is the nearest thing there is to communicable mental illness.
    Absence of religious belief often manifests itself with intense egotism...eh ...the prosecution rests
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #786
    benroe benroe is offline
    benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,060

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    It has a lot to do with kids from Religious homes being superior in general to kids from atheistic homes.
    Superior by what metrics?

    How was my brainwashing successful benroe? The people who raised me would have a very different view of the success of their instilling me with their values. In fact they see me as a traitor to all that they hold dear. You though seem to have held on to all your parents attitudes even in the face of reality patently contradicting them.
    Does it not bother you that your belief has alienated you from your parents?, that there are many different religions and denominations of religions who believe that they have exclusive access to the truth, the only path to redemption and salvation?.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #787
    benroe benroe is offline
    benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,060

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    Take your point.But only upto a point.It's not why I have a tentative belief system but try telling your 3yr old about your thoughts around what awaits once the lights go out.Mental illness much more likely to be a by product of the atheistic worldview
    Why do you think lying to your children about death is a good thing?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #788
    benroe benroe is offline
    benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,060

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    Absence of religious belief often manifests itself with intense egotism...eh ...the prosecution rests
    So you don't feel the need to present evidence, just baseless opinion.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #789
    paulp paulp is offline
    paulp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,672

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Errr, yes, I think that. What do you think?


    Female circumcision 'should be allowed by law' - member of Ireland's Islamic Cultural Centre




    Do you think that those parents should be told they shouldn't do it regardless of what Islam or anyone claiming to rule on Islam - including the f˙cking child rapist Mohamed, says?

    Because it is illegal under Irish law?


    Exactly who is the "toss pot" here?
    So you accept that some parents will ignore the law due to their belief that they have a moral obligation.

    And you're approach to these parents is to tell them to follow the law?

    And if the religious leaders tell parents that Islam says FGM mutilation is bad, that's bad, because we shouldn't appeal to people's religious beliefs to stop this barbarity, even if it would be effective and save children going through that torture?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #790
    IvoShandor IvoShandor is offline
    IvoShandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,149
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    Saudi Money to promote Saudi evil.

    Simple as.
    I'd differ on that. The Saudis are opponents of the Muslim Brotherhood, so would be unlikely to finance an institution influenced by their rivals. I believe Dubai is the main source of funding for Clonskeagh.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment