Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Type 2 Diabetes to be eradicated?

Nearly half of patients have reversed type 2 diabetes in a "watershed" trial, say doctors in Newcastle and Glasgow.
    People spent up to five months on a low-calorie diet of soups and shakes to trigger massive weight loss.
    Isobel Murray, 65, who had weighed 15 stone, lost over four stone (25kg) and no longer needs diabetes pills. She says: "I've got my life back."

The charity Diabetes UK says the trial is a landmark and has the potential to help millions of patients.
    Isobel, from Largs in North Ayrshire, was one of 298 people on the trial.

Her blood sugar levels were too high, and every time she went to the doctors they increased her medication.
    So, she went on to the all-liquid diet for 17 weeks - giving up cooking and shopping. She even ate apart from her husband, Jim.

'I beat type 2 diabetes with 200-calorie drinks' - BBC News
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    [I]Nearly half of patients have reversed type 2 diabetes in a "watershed" trial, say doctors in Newcastle and Glasgow.
    "Nearly half", so it didn't work for most of them; Type 2 Diabetes will not be eradicated.

Sorry, Rash. Zoo.

Nearly half of patients have reversed type 2 diabetes in a "watershed" trial, say doctors in Newcastle and Glasgow.
    People spent up to five months on a low-calorie diet of soups and shakes to trigger massive weight loss.
    Isobel Murray, 65, who had weighed 15 stone, lost over four stone (25kg) and no longer needs diabetes pills. She says: "I've got my life back."

The charity Diabetes UK says the trial is a landmark and has the potential to help millions of patients.

Her blood sugar levels were too high, and every time she went to the doctors they increased her medication.
    So, she went on to the all-liquid diet for 17 weeks - giving up cooking and shopping. She even ate apart from her husband, Jim.

She shat everything out of her and stopped gobbling cakes...Who knew?

Twitter
    @

Presumably now has anorexia, a large credit card bill for new clothes, and is unemployed because she kept fainting in the office for months.

So instead of treating the symptom, they tackle the underlying cause.
    And the symptom goes away.

Can we adopt the same strategy towards our health service, as well as homelessness, immigration and unemployment ?
    Last edited by mr_anderson; 5th December 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Type 2 unlike type 1 diabetes is primarily caused by bad eating habits and being overweight once you adjust to a healthier lifestyle it usually brings the condition under control and of course keeps your blood pressure at a normal level which also helps.

a low calorie , carb free diet has been known about as a way of reversing Type 2 Diabetes for a long time now.
    Its only being rolled out now, as its been commodified and monetised.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdiev77 View Post

a low calorie , carb free diet has been known about as a way of reversing Type 2 Diabetes for a long time now.
    Its only being rolled out now, as its been commodified and monetised.
    Being a type 2 diabetic myself, I had recently visited the Newcastle Uni site and looked at the sample 200 calorie menus that they suggest for those of us who want to be cured. But they all looked so unappealing that I decided that I'd prefer to continue with my dissolute, sybaritic lifestyle and contain my diabetes by means of the free meds that the HSE kindly supply me with every month.

(Of course if the HSE was to stop giving me those meds for free then I reckon that I'd change my approach very, very quickly indeed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Being a type 2 diabetic myself, I had recently visited the Newcastle Uni site and looked at the sample 200 calorie menus that they suggest for those of us who want to be cured. But they all looked so unappealing that I decided that I'd prefer to continue with my dissolute, sybaritic lifestyle and contain my diabetes by means of the free meds that the HSE kindly supply me with every month.

(Of course if the HSE was to stop giving me those meds for free then I reckon that I'd change my approach very, very quickly indeed!)

Twitter
    @

Mushroom has met himself with two pints. And got up early in the morning to do it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment