Register to Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree25Likes

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    That's so wrong. I'd say thought that Bray is full of doggers. It just seems like that kind of place.
    Without a doubt. Dripping in them
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

My wife has gone on a similar (Lipotrim) diet twice in the last 5 years.
    It does work but the problems in keeping the weight off when she comes off the diet are very difficult.
    I imagine this new system hasn't overcome that drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Mr Grouser View Post
    "Nearly half", so it didn't work for most of them; Type 2 Diabetes will not be eradicated.

Sorry, Rash. Zoo.

I am a Type 2 diabetic and recently did an 8 week 800 calories a day diet. Unfortunately I have had diabetes for too long so the diet did not completely "reverse" my diabetes. If I had kept to eating only 800 calories a day I could keep off the metformin but the diet was too restrictive. I could not eat fruit such as oranges without my blood sugar going up too much.

My diet consisted of 600 calories of special drink and 200 calories of veg and it is difficult replacing the 600 calories with more veg after I went off the diet, but I am sorting that out now.

I did discover that it is easier than I thought to lose weight and I plan to lose more but more slowly, perhaps over 6 months to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Who is John Galt? View Post
    My wife has gone on a similar (Lipotrim) diet twice in the last 5 years.
    It does work but the problems in keeping the weight off when she comes off the diet are very difficult.
    I imagine this new system hasn't overcome that drawback.
    Yes, it requires some planning to keep up the good work that the diet started.

Channel 4 News‏Verified account
    @Channel4News

Scientists have proven that dieting can reverse type 2 diabetes.

The study has been called a “revolution” which could save health services £10bn a year.

Well it used to be thought that the pancreas basically gives up the ghost from the overuse caused by poor diet over a long period of time. It kind of made sense, in that while young, it appears you can sustain these bad habits, and it’s typically in middle/old age where it catches up with you and you get diabetes. So, it’s fairly major news to discover that the effects can be reversed in so many cases. I’d have thought that it will give people a new incentive to get off medication, which is bound to have other effects on the liver etc, but a bit like quitting smoking, will power is required unfortunately.

The other thing, as my 80 year old Dad found out after a blood test a while back, that if you are at risk, or in the early stages of it, it’s much easier to make the smaller dietary changes to sort it out, than if you leave it much later, and end up with radical diets like this one. I’d worry about someone surviving on 800 calories for 5 months, whether they can get into a normal diet after that or fall back into the old bad habits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0

just be careful you dont end up like this goon.................................

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    Well it used to be thought that the pancreas basically gives up the ghost from the overuse caused by poor diet over a long period of time. It kind of made sense, in that while young, it appears you can sustain these bad habits, and it’s typically in middle/old age where it catches up with you and you get diabetes. So, it’s fairly major news to discover that the effects can be reversed in so many cases. I’d have thought that it will give people a new incentive to get off medication, which is bound to have other effects on the liver etc, but a bit like quitting smoking, will power is required unfortunately.

The other thing, as my 80 year old Dad found out after a blood test a while back, that if you are at risk, or in the early stages of it, it’s much easier to make the smaller dietary changes to sort it out, than if you leave it much later, and end up with radical diets like this one. I’d worry about someone surviving on 800 calories for 5 months, whether they can get into a normal diet after that or fall back into the old bad habits.
    you have to find the resolve to go against the doctors advice too-unfortunately this is a big hurdle for many people .

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    She shat everything out of her and stopped gobbling cakes...Who knew?

It’s a load of shíte sil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment