Register to Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
Like Tree25Likes
  1. #11
    johnnypockets johnnypockets is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,737

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Mr Grouser View Post
    "Nearly half", so it didn't work for most of them; Type 2 Diabetes will not be eradicated.

    Sorry, Rash. Zoo.


    I'd say you're great craic on a night out..
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    cunnyfunt cunnyfunt is offline
    cunnyfunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,994

    Its been proven, if enough weight is lost in and around the pancreas and liver they return to normal insulin production in most people. There are some variables. People have different tolerance levels to fat, hence some not all people with age and weight gain develop the condition in the first place.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,997

    Friend just diagnosed.Loved his pints and fat as a fool on the strength of it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    Degeneration X Degeneration X is offline
    Degeneration X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,779

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    So instead of treating the symptom, they tackle the underlying cause.
    And the symptom goes away.

    Can we adopt the same strategy towards our health service, as well as homelessness, immigration and unemployment ?
    Prevention is always better than cure.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Old Mr Grouser Old Mr Grouser is offline
    Old Mr Grouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,205

    Quote Originally Posted by cunnyfunt View Post
    Its been proven, if enough weight is lost in and around the pancreas and liver they return to normal insulin production in most people. There are some variables. People have different tolerance levels to fat, hence some not all people with age and weight gain develop the condition in the first place.
    So a lot of people with this form of Diabetes can cure themselves by changing their diet.

    But what will the other ones do?

    Most likely they'll either be bedridden or else join the growing ranks of us that have to buy our medication for ourselves.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,783

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    She shat everything out of her and stopped gobbling cakes...Who knew?
    Can you please put that in layman's terms doctor?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,783

    So the study revealed that if you eat well and stop being obese that you have high chance to stop being diabetic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Mushroom Mushroom is offline
    Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,088

    Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    Precisely.

    If the HSE want to save money then it needs to stop subsidising people (like me) who have become Type 2 diabetics due to lifestyle choices.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    Mushroom Mushroom is offline
    Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,088

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Mac View Post
    So the study revealed that if you eat well[*] and stop being obese that you have high chance to stop being diabetic.
    * insert "exercise regularly" here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Mick Mac Mick Mac is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,783

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Precisely.

    If the HSE want to save money then it needs to stop subsidising people (like me) who have become Type 2 diabetics due to lifestyle choices.
    Keep yourself healthy mushroom.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment