Register to Comment
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree446Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Zordan View Post
    12 year old girls do not need this vaccine.
    Are you a parent?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Are you a parent?
    I am. And I've had my daughter come home from school and spout out every bullshít story and rumour she's heard about the vaccine as if they were incontrovertible facts. Luckily for her this is one issue where I'm a very, very stubborn bóllócks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    I am. And I've had my daughter come home from school and spout out every bullshít story and rumour she's heard about the vaccine as if they were incontrovertible facts. Luckily for her this is one issue where I'm a very, very stubborn bóllócks!
    I think the have a vaccine for stubborn boll0cks now

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Zordan View Post
    12 year old girls do not need this vaccine.
    Right on queue

I paid out a couple of hundred euros a shot for my daughters to get this a number of years ago.

Sometimes when you make it free, people appreciate it less than if they had to pay for it. Though I accept that many people will appreciate it.

I don't think you can force people to take it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post

I see your daughter and raise you my wife. Unfortunately her good self has been taken in by all of this shyte...and we're at the baby vaccination phase. Let's just say, things are tense...

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I see your daughter and raise you my wife. Unfortunately her good self has been taken in by all of this shyte...and we're at the baby vaccination phase. Let's just say, things are tense...
    Feckin hell! My sympathies...

I like the way the likes of Dr. Ciara Kelly talk on this issue. No ambiguity, no dancing around the issue to make people feel ok about themselves. Tackle the bullshít head on and call it for what it is. I'd suggest making an appointment to see her in her Greystones surgery but I'd say you'd struggle she's become so beloved of RTE and Newstalk these days!

Seriously though. Go see the GP. Together. Preferably go and see John McManus in the Carlton Clinic. That'd be my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Is this thread about the anti-vaccination movement, or is it a covert attempt at SF-bashing?

I will watch to see where it goes next.

If one supports the dangerous ideology of the other, then why not both ?

There is a tremendous amount of anxiety out there, and distrust of experts. It is a modern phenomenon.

We have gone from "Doctor knows best" to "Doctor knows less than some guy on youtube".

Successive real and genuine scandals, from thalidomide to pushing tricyclics, have led ordinary people make false assumptions that all medical recommendations are in someway compromised or suspect.

Anti-vaccinators, like 9/11 Truthers, prosper by the widening access to information that a lot of people simply can't evaluate. If it is on the internet, they think it must have some validity.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I think it is probably all scaremongering in the case of HPV, but we need to exercise some caution regarding vaccines. I know a number of doctors who have given their kids most vaccines, but not all. Basically they did so on the basis that some vaccines include a more serious risk than does the condition being vaccinated against. But the notion that the State should made vaccines mandatory is nonsense, what next, give the State the right in interfere in family life to insist on whatever is their current definition of a healthy lifestyle? After all, lifestyle probably causes more, and more serious, threats to health than that posed by diseases against which vaccination is recommended.

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment